This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,223 reviews
122,595 films • 18,497 TV series

Will Harvey Weinstein be convicted of ANYTHING? (479 views, 31 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Whether or not he's sleezy is not the issue.. but you can give your opinion....but will he be convicted? Of ANYTHING?

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Well initially I thought Yes, but now i'm not so sure. Do I think he deserves it, hell yes, do I think they can prove it? No, except for the one woman who has the rapey behavior sounding tape. Other than that, it's down to the shear volume of women. Some of who, are credible, and some are on a bandwagon. He has payed a lot of hush up money. If there wasn't something to hush....well lets put it this way...he is a sleeze. Did he rape women??? Probably. He should go to jail if he did, but unfortunately the women who were assaulted never went to the police. They could have done rape kits and saved them for a time when the tides turned. They didn't.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams I agree he's a sleeze...but I don't know mif he raped women , or if it was a quid pro quo...sex for movies parts. Hollywood women have said for decades that's the way it is. If you don't want to exchange your body, stay away from weinstein. Maybe the women are a little sleezy too. Giving up sex for advancement?

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

He's a scapegoat. Pretty high up in the power structure. He must have really let the dropped the ball with the puppetmasters or upset someone. He's too rich to get in any serious trouble.

Worst thing that can happen is he will agree to some restrictions at a sex addict camp or some garbage that will be more like a resort than prison.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

No, not unless there is valid proof and/or credible witnesses to back up the claims.

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

The depth of inaccuracy is alarmingsmiley But thank you both smiley for the fair alert.smiley

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

LOL

Just LOL

+1

Hide 15 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale ....LOL!

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Yeah... But... The thing is, Joe. I'm kinda laughing at you, not with you.

LOL

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale LOL! Ditto!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I laughed at you first.

So I win!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale LOL! OK!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale LOL can I giggle at both of you ;)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale But it is kinda true though. Do we hear of poor men being gone after in this manner??? Why is that???

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams Poor men like Weinstein and Cosby, Allen, Sheen and Spacey? Who abused their power and influence for their own sexual gratification?

Poor men like Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris and Max Clifford (UK)

Operation Yewtree involved some of the biggest names in British TV and radio, and several high profile men were investigated, charged and jailed for historic sex offences - without tapes or rape-kit evidence.

There will always be a small minority of people who cry-wolf, and I am in no way excusing that, but the vast majority of rape and sexual assaults are not reported to police immediately, if at all, and for many reasons that aren't as clear-cut as people may think.

Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams She misunderstood your meaning of poor.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Yes, I did. Apologies.

You meant financially poor. I still don't understand what you mean by 'in this is manner' though.

Sexual assault and rape allegations cover all nations, races, ages, class divisions, sex, professions. But those at the top, that have a significant amount of power and influence over a significant amount of people - and have a far greater distance to fall from grace - are reported more often and most intensely.

In most of these high-profile cases they aren't necessarily being accused of holding down and forcefully raping their victim, instead they use coercion, bribery and abuse of authority to get their kicks - then use passive aggressive techniques to browbeat victims into silence. Then it only takes one to speak out and the rest usually start to follow.

There isn't enough space in the infinite ether of the net to report every detail of every single daily crime, so people focus on the ones with the most to lose and the most drama attached.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I didn't say"in this manner"...sunshine did...what I meant was that only rich men are being charged. Poor men [finnacially] also use extortion, and force, and coercion to bend women to their will....but their victims seem to let it go. They olnly seem to go after the rich ones..fro the publicity, or the money. Let's face it.. Christine Ford is going to be wild beyond her dreams, even though I think she is mentally disabled. The woman that have accused Clinton, and Trump...same thing. Famous, and rich...now. Where are all the charges against the guys with no money? Women don't care about justice there? And speaking of THAT.. Whoopie Goldberg had a sexual conversation with a 13 year old boy, where she offered to have sex with him . Suppose he had wanted it right then? We don't know what she might have said. There's plenty of female school teachers that have done it. ...
Read more

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe The vast majority of rapes and sexual assaults go unreported.

Do you ever actually look at statistics before spouting your BS? Jails are full of sexual predators. Out of every 1000 rapes only about 300 are reported to police. Out of those 300 only 1 or 2 will get felony charges and go to jail. Does that mean the other 299 are false allegations? Of course it fking doesn't.

"but their victims seem to let it go" fk off, Joe.

I'm bowing out of this conversation before you type anymore nonsense and I get myself banned.

See ya...

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I think that's best.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale No worries :) Yea, I am in no way condoning admitted wrong doers. I meant financially poor not, poor as in lets feel bad for them.

master
Report comment
(5y)

Almost ALL of the people in prison started by being poor;the rich don't GET CAUGHT OR PROSECUTED!! smiley

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 But rich men ARE getting prosecuted!

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,223 reviews • 122,595 films • 18,497 TV series