This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,722 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Suggestion for already watched movies (884 views, 33 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(5y)

It would be great if there was a watched (past tense) button like there is a add to favorites and playlist button. And when you select watched, the word will appear on the picture of the movie, so we know that we have already seen that movie. Or there is a flag as watched button like their is for tv shows. As it is now, I can only create a already seen playlist and then have to scroll through to see if I've seen it or not, and that takes way to much time. I see so many movies, and while it's easy to remember many, it's impossible to remember all of them. It was a wonderful feature that would make this site even that much better.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams I agree that would be a great addition. In the meantime or in case it doesn't get added you can do this - while on the movie page there is a playlist tab, click on that tab and it will show you all the playlists that particular movie is on, if you see your playlist listed then you know you have seen it. Hope that makes sense and hope it helps.

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

i'm not quite getting it. LOL ty for replying with a possible solution in the meantime. Can you try to explain another way?

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams When you are on a movie page there are tabs ie. trailer, stats, photos. They are right above the picture of the movie. There is one called playlists. When you click on that one it shows the user playlists with that movie on it. If you see your "watched" playlist on the list then you know you have seen it. Hope that is a better explanation smiley

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Users already requested this feature. And there's one answer that I liked: just leave your comment or small review. smiley Everybody is happy.

+1

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil yes i do that, but there again, we have to search through them. I love the features of this site. It's amazing! But that would make it THE BEST! :)

Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams We can create a default playlist called "watched" similar to "watch list". Or we can make a similar button like watched episodes.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil yes a button like watched would be wonderful!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams But having a playlist is more convenient. You can see your watched stuff in one place.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil well yes and no, yes if there is no flag option, where you can at a quick glance visually see someway that you have already seen it, Playlists are great, but I think a flagging option would just be the quickest and best (IMO) to know if i've seen it. My brain cells are fading LOL half the time I can't remember if i've seen it, and at the same time who has the time to scroll through tons of pages to see if you've seen a movie or not...LOL Was just a suggestion that i think would make this site even better than it already is.

Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams There will be an icon like we have for favorites and watchlist.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil ty for responding and conversing with me, i know your busy busy. Love your site in a big big way!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil The feature i used elsewhere, when you added the movie to the watched list, it saved it in a playlist automatically, then it would write WATCHED across the movie dvd icon. So no matter where we were looking at the pictures of the movies we could see if we had seen it without going to a playlist. And yet, like i said the playlist was available to look at as well.

Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams You can add movies here to your watch list also. And you will see a different icon like I posted below.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil That's what I did. I have a 'Watched' playlist, just like my 'to watch' playlist. Would be AWESOME if there was a button to link like the watchlist has..

God
Report comment
(5y)

You can move your movie fav picks from one playlist to another, so for now, why not make a playlist up, titled " Watched ", you could even add a year to it, Watched In 2018. Hope that helps, happy viewing. smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I did already, but that will be pages and pages long very shortly, so we have to scroll through and that will be too time consuming eventually. :)

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

This appears to be a fickle situation. smiley

master
Report comment
(5y)

What she is looking for is an easy way to see if she has watched a movie. For example if you are looking at a page of movies, a flag or similar option that would show she has watched it. Making a playlist isn't a solution bc then she would have to go to her playlist, scroll thru, and see if that movie is listed on her playlist. Just trying to be helpful.

+2

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks In other words, a way to see if you have watched it w/o having to open the movie page. Or, at least, if you do have to open the movie page then an obvious flag or something that shows it's been watched.

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks No, I see it similar to watchlist buttons: <br> <br> <br> <br> It's not hard to do, but I want the best solution.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Yes but you can't see that when you are looking at a page of movies. You would still have to open the movie page to see that you have watched it. Is it a possibility to have it show somehow w/o having to open the movie page?

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks Yes it's possible. It's possible even with playlist option. Basically it's just another table with user_id and movie_id (just like playlists).

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Teeny is right, you are awesome smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks LOL did you know that about a half of all our cool features suggested by our users? )

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Well then we are awesome too smiley

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks yes you got it! :)

+1

admin
Report comment
(5y)

What about just adding your movies to watch list and keeping them there? You will have all you need: different icon, all movies in one place etc.

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Do you mean you are gonna create a new standard playlist with a new icon that will show on the movie page? It still won't show while you are on a page with multiple movies but it's good enough for me. I really don't have problems remembering what movies I have watched (that may change the more I watch and the older I get lol). I just think it would be a really cool feature. It's good enough for me Doc. Thank you as always for listening to your users. smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks But you can do that right now but using your 'watch list'. I checked how things work on other sites like imdb.com, they have just a watch list.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I use my watch list as a "to be watched" list not an "already watched" list. I would have to delete everything off that list and put everything I've watched on it then. Like I said I don't really need it, just trying to help another user and thought it would be a cool feature. It's up to you really. I'm good the way it is already. smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks Got it :)

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I have a new idea, you know how when we watch tv shows, for each episode there is a flag as watched button so we know we have seen that episode. What if, on each movie page there was a flag as watched button and so when we go to that movie, there will be notification somewhere on the page that we have watched it....similar to the series episode notification.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

The Watched flag is a fav feature of the site, simple 'n perfect.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,722 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series