About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,737 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

Watched movies (1128 views, 16 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

Hello, just wondering if there could be a way to add a similar button of watched to movies as there is for tv shows. Also wondering if the movies that have been watched could be brought up in a "Ive watched this" kind of list. Not sure if that is possible, but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

+4

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@Etheria You can create a playlist and call it "Watched movies", but you will not get the same functionality as on tv shows. And sure, everything is possible here.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Just like the sharing tv shows? smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@Etheria I agree. My solution to this has been to comment on every movie I watch then check for my comments on them.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@MotherDragon I like this solution ;)

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Just found this thread looking for the same answer. <br> <br> A 'Watched' function would be great - so something is visible on the thumbnail/info when browsing the movies. A playlist of Watched is a good idea, but that means checking longer and longer playlists.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

The playlists are too busy to navigate IMO having to click through pages is too much effort when a list is over 100 movies/shows. <br> <br> You can "Flag as Watched" on any episode of a TV show but not a movie so it would be great to have this feature added. <br> <br> As well, it would be AWESOME to have the option to "Recommend TV Shows" like you can do Movies. smiley

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Improved playlist adding.
If you click on the Add to playlist button: you will immediately see if you added the movie to the playlist and which one.

So you can create any playlist you want, for example a "Watched Shows List", "Watched cartoons" etc. I think it's way more flexible.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil This works perfectly and exactly like what is being asked for, in my opinion.

I didn't have to look through anything, choosing the icon showed me where it was.

Thank you.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I choose to use the Watchlist to save movies/TV I have already watched.

What people want is a quick, clear visual - without the need to go looking through playlists.

Using the Watchlist gives you a big ❌ visual that you've seen it.

+1

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I just used it and it suits me grand.

Not being cheeky, but have you tried it?

It seems to be (to me) giving the same result that is being requested.

:)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ I checked the update earlier to see how it was working before I commented.

Using the Watchlist negates the need to do anything else - clicking +Playlist, etc...

Of course these are all serving suggestions. Everyone has their own way of navigating the site and utilising the functions available to us from Dr.Evils hard work.

I like my little red ❌ for Watched

I have a separate playlist for To Watch

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Interesting solution actually.

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Yes, you can also just add movies to your "Watchlist" and keep them there.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Thanks for all the hard work you've been putting in!

I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say we appreciate it!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Thank you very much for all the hard work, Doc. :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Thank you :)

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,737 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series