This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,739 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

Where do you accept 'friend request' ? Messages system needs a revamp (1571 views, 23 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(6y)

I wasn't going to post anything else trying not to be a PITA, ...but...here goes anyway...

1) A friend sent me a message saying he had sent a friend request a couple of days ago and I had not responded. Where the heck am I supposed to find that request and respond since there's no notification I could find (going back 3 days) in my messages that links directly to his request allowing me to 'accept friend request'? Or do I have to go searching further on the old pages?
I think I somehow managed to find the accept function a couple of times weeks ago but I honestly have completely forgotten where to look. Clicking "Friends" link just displays my current friends. Clicking the person doesn't display an 'accept request' button nor does it allow ME to send him a friend request since the system must see it as 'pending.' Where to look?
Seems like it should be easier than this, and maybe 'how to' for it mentioned in FAQ even for dummies like I apparently am//argghhh.
Read more

God
Report comment
(6y)

Your wall > friends > not approved. smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

I recognize you words, but I have no idea of their meaning. Are you saying that there is a setting I need to adjust? Or you are prohibiting me from making friends ? <br> Sometimes the solution can be right in front of you, but until someone says "Look there" you can't see it.

God
Report comment
(6y)

Go to your wall and click on friends. :) <br>

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

I did that ? <br>

master
Report comment
(6y)

I mean I did that...lol <br> <br>

master
Report comment
(6y)

Are you actually trying to help me?

God
Report comment
(6y)

Have you found the friend (to accept request) you were looking for?

master
Report comment
(6y)

I see "NOT APPROVED" "ALL" "ONLINE" <br> <br> Oh wait....is "not approved" supposed to mean "Friend Request" ??

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@ThomasinaPaine Yes, waiting to be approved or not.

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

AH11 So it was simply the words that did not seem to be in context with 'friend request' lol <br> That you for explaining that to me. I was like ..duh....how did I do this before? <br> It just doesn't seem logical ? to me, those words, I mean.

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

I mean thank you for explaining that to me...lol <br>

master
Report comment
(6y)

See ..right in front of my face...but I didn't 'grok' it...lol

God
Report comment
(6y)

Also where it says " messages " at the top right of the page, if you click on that and then system, then check the messages. smiley

master
Report comment
(6y)

I really appreciate your help. My brain simply did NOT correlate "Not Approved" with "Friend Request". Simple as that. Perhaps it was the negative connotation ["NOT APPROVED" that made me blind to other meanings. I thought that category was people you declined. Ha. Interesting.

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

Well, I Admit the message area is a tangled knot to me...lol. I've unfollowed my favorites so I (hopefully) don't get the sys texts notifications for Favorites in addition to the automatic posted links and update message on the series' pages on my fav page. I believe that should work. I guess it just appears that there are a bunch of unnecessary notifications ---like I got 4 or 5 popups that you had replied to my comment, even after I had replied to you. And that goes on each time someone replies to you repetitiously, I mean. Once held until closed should do.. just looking at this from efficiency analysis and common sense standpoints, I suppose. :)

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

100% Agree Yes! IM's, updates, comments, sys-notices, everything slushed into a single 'inbox' is a clusterF to use sort/organize/maintain or delete. The popup notification windows tend to reopen after dismissal Plus they'll reopen on every background tab [which alerts Bender to commandeer each page accordingly]. Unrobust ferrel popups are way too vintage for this future-forward site. GitHub must have a few dedicated-bins and icon flag snippets circa 2018 we can steal, yeah? <br> <br> BTW: Don't mean to sound like a chappaquidDICK... 'cuz rly I'm not. This site has me addicted to the Very Best compilation of features AnYwHeRe, and I have tremendous respect for its creator[s] and admins. <br> <br> But dude... that mailbox tho... smiley <br> Thx!

+2

master
Report comment
(6y)

Yes~~ the folks on this website seem quite friendly and the site IS great! 'M just the kinda gal who says, "....but this is overkill..or that doesn't work well for the user...so, what if..." <br> <br> I truly believe in K.I.S.S when it comes to ease of use! All the bells and whistles you want, but make it bottomline simple to watch, to chat with friends, read messages, and streamline where possible. Leave some things up to the user, like keeping up with who liked what on everybody's wall. <br> <br> Oh, and let me make one thing clear, lol... I have NO clue what <br> <br> " GitHub must have a few dedicated-bins and icon flag snippets circa 2018 we can steal, yeah? " <br> MEANS.... <br> HAHA Or who or what "Bender" is...lolol <br> Don't even think about explaining it. I'm good with "duh". My brain is almost full.... ...
Read more

master
Report comment
(6y)

@ DR E Thank you, yes! Pure Vodka kindly answered my question about friends. <br> The heading 'NOT ALLOWED' did not fit the pattern in my mind that was "Accept friend request." <br> The terminology simply didn't correlate, to me. <br> I used to work in efficiency analysis @ FUNB, so my mind automatically flows to clarity of verbiage and functionality...i.e., K.I.S.S. the rule of thumb. <br> Hard habit to break.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@ThomasinaPaine Not approved actually

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil LOL YES 'NOT APPROVED'.... the negative connotation was what blinded me to it...lol. <br> Pure Vodka was nice enough to man'splain it to me, bless him!...lol

master
Report comment
(6y)

@ThomasinaPaine -> Bender is The Shinyone: Our Futurama Robot that hijacks pages to pop-in and scold us for being chronically ''Suspicious''. That said, I still must be sketchy AF 'cuz bender luvs-me-longtime. ((FYI: GitHub is a coders central library of HTML snippets, widgets, and free open source prog's and do-hickey's. Premier resource for free pre-built alternative msg' systems.. and pretty much any other bell or whistle a web developer could want.))

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

smiley You did it...my brain is full...;p <br> <br> You're a gas, taz~! I wish I had the sense to study coding when I was younger before my braindrive got so crammed full of useless sh*te! Thanks for the info :D

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,739 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series