This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,739 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

Do you go out into nature ? what do you see when you do? (935 views, 4 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

A week ago I went out into the woods and seen a black bear rubbing against a tree.I think he was marking his territory . As soon as he was done ,he saw me and run away.I keep walking and came up on some wild berries (I don't know what kind they was ).There in the berries was a rattler snake .He was waiting on some food to come by.He sense I was there and started to rattle at me. I said,I'm not here to harm you my friend and I walked away.I came to a little creek with some pond lilies ,they had grown there since last year .I thought that there might be some nice size fish in the creek and I'll come back and give it a try .It was getting late and I needed to get back home to get dinner ready . When I was half way out of the woods ,me and the bear crossed paths ,the bear made a noise and so did I .I shouted Bear go away! and the bear did leave . when I got out of the woods,I thought ,that bear could have attacked me if she had clubs ,but she did not ,so I was lucky .That's my nature story and if you have one please !share your story with us.

God
Report comment
(6y)

Saw a little grey squirrel with a chestnut stick in it's mouth a couple week back. <br> <br> <br> <br> F*ck if i'm paying for a carrier bag. smiley <br> <br> <br> <br>

+1

guru
Report comment
(6y)

I won't even pretend this is mine. But this IS my favorite true life nature experience by a Search and Rescue veteran in a large National Forest. Enjoy. Warning: Lost Children. <br> <br> I wasn't sure where else to post these stories, so I figured I'd share them here. I've been an SAR officer for a few years now, and along the way I've seen some things that I think you guys will be interested in. <br> <br> I have a pretty good track record for finding missing people. Most of the time they just wander off the path, or slip down a small cliff, and they can't find their way back. The majority of them have heard the old 'stay where you are' thing, and they don't wander far. But I've had two cases where that didn't happen. Both bother me a lot, and I use them as motivation to search even harder on the missing persons cases I get called on. The first was a little boy who was out berry-picking with his parents. ...
Read more

master
Report comment
(6y)

I run into Owls ALL THE TIME. Like every other time I hike, I run into an Owl. Whether it's nighttime or daytime. Coolest one was I almost had one land on my arm. Was hiking Leahi, (Diamond Head) nighttime my favorite time, and this owl swooped by like maybe 10 feet above me checking me out., so I started whistling and stuff and it kept coming back, screeching and swooping by.. So I stuck my arm out and tried making mouse noises, SUCKA came back like it was gonna land! Scared the crap out of me, didn't expect it to work. it came hella close and I freaked out, lols... flew off and didn't see it close by again that night.. smiley Seems every time I hike Leahi nighttime, I get an owl with me. and every other time I hike, I run into one. This last hike, when I threw my back out, snuck up on a big ass barn owl. Hope to go out this Saturday, tomorrow. Always posting pics on my profile. Never get any pics of the owls though. They always too fast or it's dark.. smiley

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

During the spring/summer months i love grabbing my travel chair . Acouple prerolled joints and an electric lantern i can hang up.
100yards from my front door is a farm. On that farm is a 200+ years old stone grain silo. Home to a substantial bat colony .

I hang up the lantern from a tree to attract flying bugs , and sit from dusk til bored/cold and just watch the bats feeding. If i remain still enough, they sometimes land on me . I end up covered in moth dust and bits of leg/wing.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,739 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series