This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,749 reviews
122,412 films • 18,479 TV series

The Complete Guide to Cholesterol: What You Need to Know (226 views, 2 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(12mo)
(edited)

There’s a 1 in 4 chance that if you’re reading this you have been told you have high cholesterol and are on a cholesterol-lowering medication or statin.

The scary part is, that scientifically, there is a 1000 to 1 chance that you don’t need to be on one. And the only people who do are sufferers of a rare condition known as hypercholesterolemia (a metabolic condition with impaired ability to metabolize cholesterol).

Now I don’t expect you to believe me just yet, but I want you to go into reading this article with a curious and open mind. Just read it, check out the studies and then make your own intelligent decision.

menprovement.com/cholesterol/ (A very long read with lots of info)

I intend to provide all the evidence to prove that:

– Cholesterol is not evil

– Cholesterol is not the cause of heart attacks or heart disease

– What the actual cause of heart attacks and heart disease is

– How to prevent heart attacks & heart disease
Read more

+1

God
Report comment
(12mo)

Cholesterol and Heart Disease

The High Cholesterol Paradox
www.lizscript.co.uk/glyn/paradox....

God
Report comment
(12mo)
(edited)

A few week back i was reading comments in a forum, and someone had wrought something to the words " thyroid lowers cholesterol levels " (never heard of this before) and this stuck in my head.

After a quick search i have come across a few post like the one below.

Your Thyroid and High Cholesterol: The Connection
www.healthcentral.com/article/ch...

" If you do not have a diagnosed thyroid problem, high cholesterol levels are supposed to automatically trigger screening for hypothyroidism, according to many medical guidelines. Doctors are also advised to test thyroid function before prescribing any cholesterol-lowering medications. Unfortunately, this does not happen consistently, and many people with undiagnosed hypothyroidism are given cholesterol-lowering medication without any thyroid screening. "

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,749 reviews • 122,412 films • 18,479 TV series