This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,647 reviews
122,377 films • 18,475 TV series

Do you believe in a Creator? (1262 views, 57 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Do you believe that that life, that organization requires a creator, or do you bleieve that organization is random chance?

+2

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe lol you should have made it one of those Vote yes if you believe in GOD & Down if we came from the ocean of whatever the they say :D

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@manditoe I wanted to give people more freedom to express EXACTLY WHAT they believed in. Sometimes what you don't say is as important as what you DO say!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe What we are living in today is in no way by chance! <br> I fully believe in God, and He truly does do everything! <br> From the very beginning, God put us right where we should be. <br> Very few things are by random chance. No my friends, God is real, very real. <br> I don't post this to start an argument, but rather to get folks thinking...to give discussion to this fact.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@Bill45a Thank you for posting, Bill45a. You're right. The idea is to get minds open, and people thinking.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe My husband has actually died and been revived...he doesn't like to talk much about it but he will tell you there is something after death and he has no doubt in that.

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 The revival part is a good thing!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe have u seen the "secret " law of attraction?

skilled
Report comment
(5y)

A Creator, yes. <br> I dont believe in the bible version of God.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@terrabyte Thank you, terrabyte.

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I kind of believe we are in a simulation. <br> <br> [SPOILER]

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@captainhowdey Nice touch with the "spoiler" for those who aren't ready for the big reveal. :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@captainhowdey There's a lot of evidence that we are a simulation. So there must be a simulator, or a programmer, right?

master
Report comment
(5y)

This organization def required a creator - Dr.Evilsmileywho's hella mad skillsetz are by no means randomsmiley Hope this helps sort technical detailssmileyalways glad to help.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

In the begging there was nothing...and then a light...an expanding VOID...hydrogen..helium.. coalescence...a spark...a sun...bursting...a super nova....collapse!!...a dark hole..BLACK....attracting all...galaxy.......sun...planet...life.. .millions of years of SUFFERING...STRUGGLE...DEATH...to be...now....hope for what could be...NOT THERE YET! <br> <br> -A poem from the top of my head

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

Yes, that's why I'm here. <br> <br> ALL HAIL DR EVIL! <br> <br> ...now for your bank details...

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Well I do believe in God and I kinda get touchy when I hear.. How could a God allow that tragedy to happen(whatever it may be) He sent rules and guidelines, commandments, whats good to eat and what will harm you if you eat it. Even told us how we could live long upon the earth. What to do if someone rapes another or a premeditated murder etc.. All was taught and done to live a happy fulfilled life while on earth and gave free will to Love Him or not, follow him or not But MAN has lost it's way and it's all chaos now a self serving barbaric greedy world for the most part... just my opinion is all. ;)

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@manditoe I like it!

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

My beef with the evolutionist theory is that they make such a big deal over God made the world in six days and rested from all he had done on the seventh. Their claim is it took thousands of years to make the earth itself. Somewhere in the bible it says something about time being a thousand years. So the reference for the seven days is immaterial considering there was no "time" as we know it. Yes I believe in God the creator. In one respect the big bang is spot on, how else could it have been accomplished? <br>

+2

Hide 13 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@fortunate1 LOL! Oddly enough, scientists are now questioning whether there could have been a big bang. "Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning" Which fits in with GOD saying that he has always existed. I'm a Christian. I believe that organization requires intelligence. And evrything in the Universe is organized. Atheism means that you believe that everything is one big, continuous happy accident. Impossible.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Actually, in regards to atheists, that's inaccurate. They just don't believe in deities. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ If you don't believe that life was created, then you must believe it was an accident. Tell me how I am wrong. How do atheists believe life got here. How ANYTHING got here.

Report comment
(5y)

@ There are actually only two choices. You believe that the universe was created, or you believe that it "happened"..the big happy accident. If you know of another choice..I'm all ears.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe It's just not that simple, from my understanding. Thats the most concise and factual answer I can provide you with. I don't intend on taking a defensive stance on anything. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ That's ok. I hope I didn't sound offensive. But If you can find something that wasn't either created or happened by accident...let me know! LOL!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe No worries. I take nothing personally. <br> <br> My point is that by using extremes and inferring that life in all its many facets is only "black or white" (so to speak) is only your opinion. <br> <br> It is not fact, and is also not the opinion of others. <br> <br> There are many things that defy explanation. Forcing others to choose one absolute or another only closes dialog. <br> <br> I writing this with a smile, so please don't read any negativity in. I mean this with respect to you and your beliefs. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ No problem! But my request stands. I would like to see something that wasn neither created, nor exists by accident. Anything. If there is an inbetween area, I would love to know about it.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe There's plenty actually. :) I've always found it interesting that no matter what the subject, most people, not all, will only research supporting evidence or conjecture, not the other side, or even independent supporting documents. Personally when I research anything, I look at all "sides" and look heavily into independent sources as well. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ AS I said I would like to know what exists that has neither been created, or is here by accident. You say you know of such thingd. Please tell me what they are. Don't tease me!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Well, I'll tell you what, if you're truly interested, it's something you should do for yourself. You certainly wouldn't dispute your own findings. I'm a happy, accepting person. I see no reason to convince or persuade you of anything you're not ready for in your own time, on your own terms. I respect other people's choices, full stop. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ I understand.

Report comment
(5y)

@fortunate1 Your right a thousand yrs is like a day to God :)

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

Everyone has their own thoughts on this subject but honestly if I had to live my life day in and day out believing there was absolutely no higher power or no life after death......I would be the most miserable and depressed person in the world. What a sad outlook that would be. There is too much beauty in this world to think all of it was random and by chance. People see miracles everyday with prayers and faith. <br> (Look up the experiment where they prayed over water and what it looks like under a microscope or where they had 2 things of rice, 1 was spoken to nicely and gently the other yelled at and called names.) There is something more out there waiting for us. <br> Plus anyone who is in Recovery knows there is a higher power that helps you when you need it the most. <br> Lastly if we were here by chance how to explain our capability to love and the joy that love brings to our lives. smiley

+5

God
Report comment
(5y)

There is also a difference in Spirituality and Religion.....2 totally different things smiley

+4

skilled
Report comment
(5y)

I believe in Great Spirit and the balance of Nature. I believe we are all connected energetically to each other and every living thing on this planet. I think of humans as children and we live with our family. Grandfather Sun, Grandmother Moon, Father Sky, Mother Earth, Sister Rain and Brother Wind are part of us because without these Relatives we would not exist. I look at life as a circle, we return where we began and in-between we have responsibility to ourselves, to each other and to Earth.

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@udahntiudahndo I agree, well stated.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@udahntiudahndo Animism, which is spiritual and is a belief that everything has a "soul" (for lack of a better expression). :) <br>

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ I believe everything does have a soul..Life energy the same thing that sustains humans. I am a Reiki Master so I use energy everyday to interact with animals, plants, elements, people. Stones are my favorite because they are much, much older then we are and hold Wisdom we as humans have a hard time understanding.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@udahntiudahndo Thank you. My short description was just a clarification of the same. :)

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

No creator, just chance.

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Can you name ONE THING that you use that happened by accident? Your house? Your TV? Your Computer? How much more complex is a humam? Or thr Universe? If the common things are not accidents, how can the complicated things be? Are you aware of entropy? It is one of the fundamental laws of nature. It states that things tend to DISORDER..that they fall aprt...rather than order...staying together. But FIRST they ahve to GET in order, before they can fall apart. One of evolutionists biggest supporters said that he did not believe the human eye could have developed on it's own.... Darwin.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe What or you trying to say, humans or not chance but all other animals are? <br> And comparing TV's and computers to this sounds more like bible bashing bollocks.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I'm saying EVERYTHING was created. I'm asking you to show me something that was not. No matter how many time you throw down a tree, you're not going to get a piece of lumber. No matter how many times you throw down a pile of lumber, you won't get a house. EVERYTHING that is created requires intelligence. And everything has been created Which is easier to make...a pencil, or a human? If a pencil HAS TO BE MADE, how can a human be an accident?

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

So how do you think Atoms come about?

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I believe they were ceated by God. I don't think anything exists, that hasn't been created. Everything is organized. Organization takes intelligence. An atom is organized. People can use different words, but to say "come about"...means that same thing as "created." If something is created, it has a creator. How long would the universe last if it didn't folloo w a set of rules? Scientists call them the "Laws of Nature" It is "organized'.

+1

skilled
Report comment
(5y)

This is an interesting conversation for sure. It's ok for us to believe what we believe. One persons beliefs can be different from another..this does not make anyone wrong by any means. Thank You, I enjoyed talking to you.

+2

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@udahntiudahndo Sure! Free will gives us all the right to decide what we should believe. We should do so to the best of our abilities, and not let others influence us. Opinions and facts are different things. Thank you for your post!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Free will is an illusion. All of our actions are dictated by the environment in which we live. We cannot control the environment.

Report comment
(5y)

@ofStarStuff LOL! Who controls the environment? You DID use the word control, and dicate...didn't you?

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe No one controls the environment. It is a natural system at play.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ofStarStuff LOL! Ever hear of Entropy?

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Yes, what does that have to do with free will?

Report comment
(5y)

@ofStarStuff We were talking about the environment.

Report comment
(5y)

@ofStarStuff Free will is definitely NOT an illusion... If you believe that then I invite you to ponder blowing your brains out for a few minutes. Then tell me how free will didn't come into play with your decision not to. Just because you choose to run on autopilot your whole life and not think through the consequences of each one of your actions doesn't mean free will is an illusion.

+2

admin
Report comment
(5y)

It really doesn't matter believe you or not [SPOILER]

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil ALL hail, Dr. Evil! (We need an emoji for this!) smiley <br> <br> <br> Like this: <br> <br> <br> <br> smiley <br>

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ Like J's locker people in "Men in Black!"

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I loved that bit! haha

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,647 reviews • 122,377 films • 18,475 TV series