This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,647 reviews
122,377 films • 18,475 TV series

Are You Superstitious? (955 views, 4 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

<br> <br> Are You Superstitious? <br> <br> Do you avoid stepping on cracks or cringe when you crack a mirror? Do you knock on wood? Do you believe in omens? Curses? How about ghosts? Do you carry a lucky charm? Or have a phrase you utter from time to time to ward off evil spirits or maybe just to protect yourself from bad luck (like when an actor says "break a leg" before a performance)? Are you a little tense and wary when the 13th of the month falls on Friday? <br> <br> One Gallup poll shows that younger people tend to be more superstitious than older people. Over a third of those under the age of 30 said they were superstitious, but the percentage declines as people get older, so that only 17% of those 65 and older were superstitious. <br> <br> I, myself, throw salt over my shoulder if I accidently knock the shaker over. <br> <br> I also carry with me an indian-head penny I found on the sidewalk in front of our house when I was 12 years old. ...
Read more

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@caseyanne Nope, I am not superstitious. I do not even know any types of common superstitions. <br> <br> I don't believe in ghosts either. <br> <br> I LOVE Halloween though and Day of the Dead. Those are the only two holidays I celebrate other than my man's birthday and my parents bdays and my dogs bday. <br> <br> Well, I guess I like the solstices and equinoxes since my friends celebrate those days just to have a party not because they believe in that stuff. I don't know anyone who is superstitious either.

+1

God
Report comment
(6y)

I have always "knocked on wood" and I always try to avoid breaking a mirror, opening an umbrella indoors or walking under a ladder. That is about all my superstitions. My son who is 18 though is probably more superstitious than me so I guess your stats may be right. I do believe in ghost as my husband has always had strange occurrences around him and now around me. I've always found Friday the 13th more lucky than unlucky and I most definitely love Halloween. I go for having the house that all the children are scared to come to our door. <br> <br> Great forum topic smiley

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Teeny💋 i liked what you said teeny i also love scary things i just saw possessing piper rose a ghost mommy was in it go see it you like it my friend.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

kinda.. not really.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,647 reviews • 122,377 films • 18,475 TV series