This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,394 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

What makes you laugh in a movie?? (1621 views, 95 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Movie Lines that made you laugh hysterically?

Movie: Bad Words 2013
Characters/Actors: Guy Trilby (Jason Bateman) having a talk with young Chaitanya Chopra (Rohan Chand)
Line: Chaitanya says "When I grow up on want my girl to have nipples."

Movie: Game Night 2018
Characters/Actors: Max (Jason Bateman) with Annie (Rachel McAdams)
LIne: "What is that"...as she is tapping on his arm bone after cutting him

b]Movie:[/b] Wedding Crashers 2005
Characters/Actors: Jeremy Grey (Vince Vaughn) and Gloria Cleary (Isla Fisher)
Line: "If you run away I will find you"

I will add some more later but I would love to hear from everybody what makes you laugh in a movie?? smiley

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Well, my list would be looong and diverse, so...

Spontaneous humour that grabs me combined with physical humour (this can be as little as timing the speech and the look of the eyes and/or facial contortion, or as much as physical contortion of the body), and a splash of clever phrases well placed...

That combination is the mainstay of every belly laugh I've ever had and can be found almost anywhere when the actor is proficient at displaying the aforementioned attributes.

:)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ There is nothing like a REAL laugh, the deep belly laugh that is uncontrollable and has you crying and gasping for air. Wow it sounds awful describing it that way but it wonderful. I also get that same joy seeing someone else laugh that way, especially my husband. It makes me smile

senior guru

SANTA'S COMING !!! I know him.

+3

guru
Report comment
(5y)

City Slickers, Jack Palance & Billy Crystal... Billy says "Kill anybody today, Curly?", Jack's reply, "Day ain't over yet."

Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, Anna Kendrick and Aubrey Plaza work in a Sake bar, Anna is very drunk at work.. again. When she's told off by her boss she slurs... "I am a strong, independent woman and I will get on the table and shake my tits to Rhi Rhi, it's my right. America! Feminism!" and then lifts her tits up with both hands. Her boss baffled at that... "Did you just life your tits up and say Feminism?"

A Fish Called Wanda, The best part is more the scene with Kevin Kline saying... I'm sorry.. for the first time and meaning it after he's attacked John Kleese in his home.
Also.. every time he says.. "Don't call me stupid"...and him Driving around London yelling "A**hole!" This is a laugh-fest of a film. "Avoid the green ones.. they're not ripe yet."
Read more

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 good ones!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 OH,GOD,the fish-eating scene!But the funniest is when one of the criminals is trying to get a "name"out of the guy with a stammer!"AahhAhh_--Aahh--Aa--"

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Seemingly 'off the cuff' lines you'd just never expect.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 I know what you mean, I love those too

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I hardly ever crack up laughing at a joke. What really get's me entertained the most, those scenes that causes some kind of pain, hilariously! Not something like somebody fixing to die or anything. Just something that out of the blue, unexpected sh*t. For example....

The 40 Year Old Virgin.. Steve Carell get's his chest hair waxed and yanked off.

The Rundown...Dwayne Johnson gets his ass handed to him by that small ass native. Also the scene with the baboons smiley .

So many other movies with funny sh*t like that. That's what I call "Milk Thru the Nose Funny" smiley

+1

Hide 11 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@WEBHEAD🕸️ I laughed my ass off with the chest hair waxing too. Something about seeing men suffer thru that is hilarious to me.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Never heard of Gillette razors? And moisturising shaving cream in a can? Painless, still leaves the skin as smooth as a babies bum.
Waxing is self inflicted masochism.

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Is that bothering you that bad? I have waxed my husband before and we were both laughing our assess off.

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 You were

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 I do agree it is maschism, I don't do it. Have your heard of epilady? Now that I think is even worse. But women constantly go thru painful treatments of all kinds trying to look good for men.

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Na. you have no idea. what makes a woman look good.
epilady is cheap knockoff of a good razor, not much better than 'bic' the pen makers.

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 there is always electrolysis and laser treatments which are both extremely painful. BTW I have experienced all of the above smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Yes,in fact,I want to buy a man's heavy duty shaver,cause womens' stuff wears out quickly.Anyone recommend a long lasting one?thanks!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Electric; Remmington make a very good range. Blade; Always Gillette. I don't know about open blades.

@WEBHEAD🕸️ What about Danny McBride fight scene in Pineapple Express funniest thing ever! I'm obsessed with Danny McBride he is beyond funny!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@⋆☆Danielle☆⋆ Ya, That was some funny a$$ sh*t. LOL

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Since Team America was released, I can't take any big action movie seriously anymore - No matter from which country it originates from. I just hear the theme song playing in my head.

Cheesy, over-dramatic lines make me laugh out loud.

Also - Any movie or TV show that feels the need to explain really, really simple things as if they were talking to 8-year-olds.

+1

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale My husband loved Team America, he also loves Ron Burgundy the stupid ridiculous funny movies.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 I love Ron Burgundy, too! I love the silliness of Will Ferrell movies. I also really like Paul Rudd.

If my husband and I are watching an action movie together you can bet one of us will sing the Team America song at least once lol. We also use it to describe the things we watch alone.

Him - "How was the movie?"
Me - "It was alright, a bit Team America, though"

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I love Paul Rudd too! I added a funny clip of him below.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale read all

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I love it! My daughter got me the soundtrack for Christmas that year... the title song.. is longer on the album.. so funny. What I like about the South Park boys is they take the piss out of everybody.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 Yes,Southpark makes fun of everything,and everyone!great parody

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale "See, there are three kinds of people: d**ks, pussies and a***oles. Pussies think everyone can get along and d**ks just want to f**k all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your a***oles. And all the a***oles want is to sh*t all over everything. So pussies may get mad at d**ks once in a while because, pussies get f**ked by d**ks. But d**ks also f**k a***oles! And if they didn't f**k the a***oles, you know what you'd get? You'd get your d**k and your pu**y all covered in sh*t!"

Best motivational speech, ever!

+2

master

Something About Mary....

Paramedic: We got a bleeder! smiley

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 That is a funny film. She thought the hair gel was hair gel. Gotta watch that one agin. but think the decade has not passed to re watch good movies.

+2

@Egor17 Yes, I also loved that hair gel line, I've watched that damned movie too many times to do it again myself :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 I typed that before seeing that was already included.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 OMG or the "Hair Gel", I laughed so hard in that one.

+2

@Teeny💋 Yeah way back then I watched it with my mom, she was soo embarassed but couldn't help but laugh.... :)

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

My husband's is:
"Anyone got a peanut"
Princess Bride smiley

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

"Steve Carell get's his chest hair waxed and yanked off." That is not funny. Just very painful. Like the doctor saying the nylon melted to your leg will be funny as we peel your skin with it.
Dwayne Johnson getting his ass handed. Noo that was seriously a good laugh funny.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Almost everything The Flash said or did in the movie Justice League cracked me up.

Every single time one hero was introduced to another hero in Infinity Wars. Actually, most of that movie was hilarious.

I'm not even sure what category that type of humor falls under?

+3

Hide 20 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 I loved Ryan Reynolds with broken wrists in Deadpool.

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Yeah, me too.

He must be difficult to hang around with because he's always spouting off one liners. My cheeks would always be hurting and my tummy would be aching from laughing all the time. smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Have you seen the new commercials he is in playing candy crush? They are funny

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 No I haven't. Are they available on, YT by any chance?

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Your in luck, I will post them below.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 I love Ryan Reynolds but my favourite is still Waiting, all of it but here's one.. "With women, there are only two options. Either she doesn't sleep with you and there really isn't any reason to call her again..or she does sleep with you and there really isn't any reason to call her again."

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 I loved Waiting, what a great choice thank you for sharing that.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 "Alzheimers isn't all bad.. you get to meet new people everyday."

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 I was hoping for very nice dimentia,soon(I am 71)but my brain is pitifully in good shape from writing,thinking,and playing Mozaki Blocks,a computer puzzle game.Mozaki is sposed to exercise yer noodle.

THAT'S IT,HOME MADE NOODLES!I should make pasta!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 WOW WHAT IS HE LOOKING FOR,IN A WOMAN ANYWAY?--ANSWER; ABOUT 2 OR 3 HOURS.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 You do know they are comic books for just teens?

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 I can honestly say that other than the occasional Superman comic book. I have never read any of them... Have you seen these movies? Most of them are hilarious and I haven't been in my teens for over 40 years now. lol

Give them a go. It's a guaranteed laugh. smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 I read all the comics as a child and totaly love the movies. I have a slight bias towards the Marvel ones than the DC. Both are great.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Oh, okay... I miss understood you. I thought you were teasing that the movies were childish because they were based on comic books. smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 AAAHH, I miss being a kid i was either happy or not,and i did kid things to make me happy.I hate being an adult,all the "necessary accomplishments"did not work out.--I was supposed to be successful,mostly i was sick.I was too ill all the time.--nothing worked.So,yeah,stay being a kid.its better.

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 "It's like a pirate and an angel had a baby." .. "Kick names, take a**". The first Die Hard.. everything is funny. It's action/comedy but... they don't say that, which is even funnier.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 Exactly!!

How hard did you laugh when they asked if Kevin Bacon was a member of the Avengers?

I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 "The rabbit is correct!" Chris Hemsworth has comedy chops.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 “This Is Farewell And Good Luck, Morons.”

I don't know how he managed to deliver that line with a straight face. lol

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Oh yes! There are so many funnies in that film.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

"The Sweetest Thing"
Selma Blair who was giving oral to her well endowed new boyfriend that had a piercing. She gets stuck and her friends come in and no one can pull her off of his equipment. Before long the whole bedroom is filled with people, firemen, police, EMT, etc. Someone says I heard singing relaxes the throat muscles. They start singing Sweet Surender, I've added a clip below.

smiley

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Crass doesn't make laugh

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 god that is so funny im chuckling here, yes crass for me too, smiley but funny.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

"Cheesy, over-dramatic lines make me laugh out loud. " said by DemandingFemale.

Yes, that to. But, off cuff, 'accidental' quite lines. Tis;

"where are my socks?" after getting breath back. Re-wind the movie, so I can watch the 5 mins I lost loosing my socks. Laughing that hard is good for your lungs if not your socks.

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Accidentals and ad-libs

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale This brings me back to a summer of Wayne's World and a few too many joints. I remember laughing a lot but never remembering the film the next day.

I have grown up and trying to prevent my kids doing the same (halfheartly)

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I remember the year well, and for almost the same reasons lol.

I bought the soundtrack from my Saturday job wages. Tia Carrere was awesome!

The Bugs Bunny clip was the best scene from the film. You can actually see the moment Dana Carvey (Garth) thinks of the question LOL - Watch from 0.30

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Soooo good

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale those two made a very funny movie--and the singing in the car!!and he goes for this Chinese chic,who has a band;so he goes out and learns Cantonese(not an easy feat)just to talk to her!!his blonde side kick is hysterical!!HAHHAH

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Twisted - dark comedy but never the regular stuff found in general comedy films/series. Eastbound and Down made me laugh out loud ... Black Jesus... Time Traveling Bong... just to name a few.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Then men wonder "why do I have an extra or short a sock?"
Was it the washing machine doing it's extra dimension thing again? Someone somewhere must really need odd socks.

Ask a man about socks.

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Noo there is a thing "Comment is hidden. Why?"

I do not hide a fart in a hurricane why someone want's to hide their comment. Or care about spit in the ocean.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 I agree totally. If it is hidden that means that person has blocked you. Don't feel bad I can't read the comment either.

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 OOO 'Blocked' indeed. Funnily I don't feel slighted in the slightest.
The whole thing about internet conversations, they are not compulsory. Not like the ones with Aunts that insist on using your full name to point out flaws. Got over that Aunt by the time I was 9.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Lines that make you laugh again,
English man trying to imitate a New York gangster "forgetaboutit"

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Oops. Where did that one sock I had go?

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 I DO have matching-sock-serial-killer-syndrome,cau se i can't find em!

God
Report comment
(5y)

smiley

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

So who's the better one ? It has to be [SPOILER] in this battle of the sexes

From "This is forty" (and it is all true so get ready you thirtysomethings)

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Songs from films that were written for fun, but are still better than anything in the charts now.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

smiley

+1

senior guru

I loved Madtv thought that was the funniest thing ever created! Loved SNL when Will and Kristen Wigg was in it but Kate McKennon is pretty funny, love old time comedians like Chevy Chase and Steve Martine love anything with Danny McBride and yes Paul Rudd and Melissa McCarthy.....thought Bridesmaids was one of the funniest movies ever.
Also like random funny clubs on YouTube normally of just stupid people just been themselves like this guy.......

youtu.be/r0IQCLQDfKw

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I like humor from unexpected places. Like a character who is always serious suddenly being goofy and totally out of their usual character. IE: If Groot who only ever says I am Groot, suddenly gave a middle finger. I'd probably be rolling. I find Rick and Morty hilarious. The Orville has become my new favorite since it's premiere. Serious moments mixed with WTF is going on really? I love stuff like that. Movies along those lines of funny out of nowhere. I'm trying to think of an example but I've been on a sci-fi & fantasy binge for awhile. I guess Pineapple Express is the only comedy I can think of right now but I'm kinda rushing so.. lol

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@EmpressAries👑 My son introduced me to Rick and Morty...so funny!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 I sometimes sleep with cartoon network on and I got tired of hearing the theme song when I was half sleep. So one night I just said screw it and got up and watched it. Was soooo good!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@EmpressAries👑 I love Aqua Teen Hunger Force

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 lol, I used to catch that sometimes. lol That one hair sticking out of meatwad used to urk my nerves.

God
Report comment
(5y)

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Lots of very different stuff. Especially if I’ve watched it with my son. We have the same sense of humour, except he’s a 21 year old male and laughs at some stuff that is too crude to be funny in my opinion. But things like Drax being invisible in Avengers Infinity War, or the Jeffery scene in Get Him to the Greek “Keep stroking the wall!”, Doug Glatt’s monkey / Pierce Brosnan dream speech in Goon: The Last of the Enforcers (omg just thinking about it, “Best Wishes, Doug Glatt”, makes me giggle). Johnny English lip syncing along while watching himself lip syncing Abba’s Does Your Mother Know while having been recorded on a hidden camera in his bathroom or him trying to find an E flat acapella to bounce the sound off the walls in the dark. Matthew Perry smashing into the screen door and then trying to talk to Bruce Willis and Amanda Peet in The Whole Nine Yards. And off the cuff things like nicknames, whether it was Sawyer’s many, many nicknames for everyone in Lost or Robert Downey Jr. ...
Read more

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@ditzygypsy Those are all great ones!!

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

i LOVE TO WATCH "ADULT CARTOON shows" LIKE fAMILY GUY,American Dad,Rick & Morty,and even loved "The History of the World,Part One smiley "(what a riot!!)and any thing Madeleine Cahn was in."Ice Pirates" was very funny.I used to think a lot of older comics were very funny.--old fashioned ones.Jackie Gleason way back,was so funny,what a guy!!yuk yuk.All those older comics who came on t.v.Ed Sullivan would have them. smiley

JOAN RIVERS WAS JUST A CHARACTER! smiley !I got her in "Fashion Police,"she said anything she wanted, heh heh.I really idolized her, cuz she didn't have an easy climb,she was messed up early, smiley some kinds of mental or emotional illness.I saw her movie about her,too.She really worked at it.And Phyllis Diller!!talk about the angry middle age female-successful Vegas comic(with tons of cosmetic surgery)!! smiley smiley

those women comics were really inspirational.Johnny Carson,too,what a crack-up!!Even Jack Paar, way back,with "The Jack Paar show."So, yes,I really liked a lotta good professional comics,such a scream!!!Yes,I saw some Jack Benny,on tv, he too was very funny.I can't even name all the older comics I liked.Rodney Dangerfield.tee hee hee smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I haven't thought about History of the World, part 1 in years...that was hilarious. I might have to watch that again for old times sake.
Thanks for sharing

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,394 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series