This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,717 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

What scares you? (1418 views, 115 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

What curls your toes? Makes your hair stand up straight? What makes you break out in a cold sweat? What keeps you awake at night? Is it things that go bump in the night? Is it public speaking? Is it spiders? Snakes, a fear of close spaces? Do you fear the thought of death, or getting on an airplane? What is your secret fear...the one you've told no one? Mine is heights. I'm afraid of heights. I'm afraid I might junp.

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

FUNNY, so do I, I hate standing on a chair--I love mountain climbing movies.so they can see from the top of Everest,but the CLIMB looks harrowing!!They said,(in one movie)"all the way up,and down,you are in pain.--you try to get down quick enough,cause your body is literally dying."(due to lack of oxygon,or the altitude--the cold--everything.)But those mountain climbers seem DRIVEN.I sleep with a light on.--sleeping in complete ink,ain't for me.--And I have claustrophobia,but I can get on elevators ok.I used to be scared of snakes,not as much,there's a small garden snake,came over from next door,he's welcome.

BURGLARS scare me,so I have a gun,and if they break in,I would shoot them.--Years ago,I went thru a attempted-rape,he beat the crap out of me,instead,cause I refused to let him rape me,I wound up in hospital.Yeah,I'd shoot em,let him "bleed out"so he can't sue me for hurting him.Its a problem here, the justice system here does not FUNCTION. ...
Read more

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I don't blame you. I would shoot too.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Thanks!! :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 a) stop watching movies/tv.
b) if your getting targeted for home invasions, theres a 80%+ chance you know who they are.

Report comment
(5y)

@30somethingidiot i heard that about home invasions, no one bothered me for a long time now,--I have been much more peaceful now here. --so its improved here a lot, no more problems. :).-

-I like Mountain climb movies, though, since its very realistic--sigh--it must be SUCH an adventure !!I kind of envy people who can do it.(but everyone else says they are crazy(>???)

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I fear that the people I care most about being hurt or killed; I fear losing a limb; I fear intruders and I fear islam. smiley

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@saxon901 Everyone should fear Islam.

+4

@bondojoe Think most people do.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka๐Ÿบ I think even Muslim women fear their own religion.--they're finally getting to tell the world,some former Muslim women have written books--which is pretty brave.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I ditto that.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@saxon901 I am sorry, I know how it feels to lose most of your close friends,exes,.relatives,ect--ot very lonely.Older people don't seem to want NEW FRIENDS.So I tell my last friend,"I guess i;m already dead.--cause all those parts of me in them,are gone."

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Thinking that you may be writing down the answers to all of these seemingly innocuous and innocent questions to use in a torture game constructed specifically for the individual that answered them. :O :O :O

+2

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ Really? I thought 'noo there is someone incredibly bored with them self'
And what if you just make up answers for your own entertainment?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 ...lol you mean kinda like I do?? ;)

Report comment
(5y)

@ I can only hope you do for the smile factor.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 I'm Irish, that's my main motive in LIFE. :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ My grand mum on mums side was Irish. Some place on the west south coast.
Being Irish is not a motive. It's just who you are. No excuses or explanations ever required.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 I was being facetious. Kinda. :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ --v4ry creative--people on facebook could do that,unfortunately.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

bondojoe, "I'm afraid of heights. I'm afraid I might jump." Funnily enough that's not a fear. If you let your self near enough a height to feel "I should fall" Well you probably wont.
Most people feel the same standing on the edge. It's not fear but adrenalin. I live 12 stories up and get the same wee rush when I look down.
Fear is when you hide under your bed covers because you know the boogy man is there.

clarachan, Ye shoot that rapist one bollock at a time. Then the blunt rusty bread knife. Do you need suggestions? Unfortunately such an action would put you in jail! American law? Even if It was a rapist. Actually most countries would consider that as torture.
I do have a good bread knife. Not rusty or blunt. Pressed stainless steel. Still goes through the softest of breads with ease. Only 26 years old.

I FEAR I might give in to base emotions.

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 oh so your a volcano? well if you do give in, you may also build new land of ideas??? landing in jail is by action, not thought. thoughts don't always equal rational ideas. sometimes irrational ideas (stupid) and humiliating to yourself can be humbling....

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 hah hah Egor17, the truth is,I am really a pu**y-cat,I don't even hurt spiders in the house.I would ACTUIALLY feel so bad to hurt anyone.---i probably would not hurt em. heh.

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Funnily enough, I was taught it was lucky to have spiders in your house. They are very clean themselves and are great at getting rid of the nuisance pests like flies. Though over here in Oz, very different attitude. Quite a lot of them can land you in hospital.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Well, the Huntsman has low venom toxicity, but it's still so bloody huge, it freaks me out. I heard that although they are not very aggressive, their bite really hurts.

Report comment
(5y)

@ Is that a trick of perspective? Or really about a foot across?
Spiders like scorpions, it's not the big ones you should worry about.
Don't remember the Huntsman ever being mentioned to me as a beastie to watch for. Not even on the official immigration warning card.
The Red Back is another story.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 They are very common, at least when I visited some friends in Oz a while back they were all over their house. Really freaky.

They probably weren't mentioned because they rarely bite and they are very low on the venom scale.

That picture isn't perspective, it's just a truly huge spider.

The ones I had the dubious pleasure to see were about the size of dinner plate.... NO, thank you! :O

Report comment
(5y)

@ Didn't happen to be Queensland? All the little beasties are huge there.
Here in WA I had a 'Huntsman' in my house for 3 years running. Probably a different one each year. But it was about 4 inches and very hairy. I called him Hector. While in residence, I never seen another creepy crawly. It was the locals that told me "That is a Huntsman".

Bet we are freaking out everyone with arachnophobia!

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Aye, they were in Townsville. :)

Hector, lol.

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Thank you,Egor17, its a hard world for everyone,I guess just accepting the world the way it is,would help me.I'll try to do that.I am understanding of some criminals cause they were taught badly.-But I don't accept what they DO.I'm sorry you got "height-freight". me too.--same reason.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

"facetious" Gonna look that one up in a dictionary. Not really sure it's meaning. Means the same to most. Me being Scottish, it means two faced. with a side helping of rude.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Ah well not what I was tought

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I don't have fears that make me hide under the covers But I use to and I as well kept a light on till I was in my middle twenties till I realized that Satan was not as scary as I thought! I am scared of heights and have a hard time on ladders and get dizzy if I'm too high- Never use to be but as I got older I became more n more afraid of hts. Also my biggest is loss of oxygen - not being able to breath but it's tied in with claustrophobia, if you know what I mean! I too am scared of Islam after reading the qua'ran. smiley smiley

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@manditoe If you're not sacred of something, you don't know what's going on! LOL!

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

What really disturbed me is behaviour of people around me.So i stay indoor mostly (after working hours) and strictly keep busy myself .Whether it's a movie ,drama, or any task at home.I avoid being social ( entirely introverted)

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Sultan90 I hear you. I don't want to psychoanalyse you but do you have one general fear or numerous ones. A fear of speaking to them, a fear of being spoken to, a fear of not fitting in, A fear of saying the wrong think, their smells, attitude, threatening behaviour? Would I be intruding if I asked these questions? I honestly think this fear can be fixed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Afraid of people.Fear kept me trapped.

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Sultan90 that fear is very common,lots of people have it.however, it often does not always last.--I had it very bad, long time,but I worked thru stuff, and it went away mostly.--

cheer up, and don't feel badly about yerselves, guys, like me."be kind to yerself."God would want that,since he would say,"be merciful to self.".Some one else used to advise that, be kind to self, and it gradually WORKED. IT really works!!! thanks!!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Thanx for kind words.I will try to be merciful to myself.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Actually, I'm still afraid of Dracula, or the Blob.

That's actually true.

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ LOL! The blob!

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe It can jump or ooze under doors and it eats your flesh off your body whilst your alive!! :O

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ No doubt...scary stuff!!!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ HAH HAH!!!2 GREAT MOVIES!!the old one has Steve Mcqueen in it!!--and the new version is good too.(prob we have em.)"the Blob."

@ Being a Vampire would be so cool. Just let it be a female biting my neck. LMAO

+1

God

Yes i fear heights.
What makes me lose sleep tho, is what the future of Great (not) Britain holds. When i see kids in the streets and shops, i feel so sad for them, how is it going to be for them in 15 yr (when there about 20), will they have to bow their heads to Muslims, will women be aloud to wear short skirts or will it be against the law to wear something any shorter than their knees. Will supermarkets stop selling pork. Will you get a heavy fine for drinking alcohol in the street, etc,etc,etc. smiley

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka๐Ÿบ You're probbaly right. Many of the things that I worried about as a kid have come true.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka๐Ÿบ ---uh-WOULDN'T police cite you for drinking alcohol in the street?--in USA? I think we do.

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Same in Oz. Street drinking is illegal.

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka๐Ÿบ I am trying to imagine"GREENIES"told to stop buying"organic"--organic WINE---not wear "hippie"bright expensive clothes,or smoke pot--sniff coke--take drugs and be Hindu,Buddhist,follow Maharishi--and not be able indulge themselves in"PC"laws any more.--scream & PROTEST would get them hung with Muslims--NEVER WEAR REAL HAIR OUT!ARRRGH! I CAN'T stand that!"cover all hair up".UGHH!

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I don't know if this is fear, I would be more inclined to suggest it as a strong aversion towards winged creatures with feathers and haughty French people.

In my very young days I had a trick played on me that included loud banging on the bedroom door followed by squeeky witches voices, coming to take me away with them. Irish mothers and sisters sometimes have a strange sense on humour but probably had a good laugh while I peed the bed. Witchy looking women with feathers in their hats still give me the heebie jeebies.

+3

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. oh, i'm sorry!!I used to be much more scared of SNAKES!We went to a "reptile store,"and petted the snakes,saw how nice their skin is--it helped gradually.Sometimes that works--hope you feel better.

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I'm feeling fine - I just avoid birds and it is very easy. In France it gets a bit trickier because the place is full of French (surprise, surprise) so I try to avoid going there.

Luckily the witchy looking women are few and far between in my part of the world.

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. What is it about the French?they do,i notice,like art so much,they started that "painted,detailed fingernails--"and all the gorgeous nail stuff was on Fr5ench speaking websites.--they did it before any one else.and the cooking!!I APPROVE of dumping all that booze in your food!!Julia Child did that a lot.--and their FANTASTIC BAKING--PLUS we watch regularly"The Great British Baking show"on BBCAMERICA.--WONDERFUL!!

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Who washed the bed sheets?

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Probably my mum, in the days when we didn't have a washing machine and had to boil the sheets.

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. No such a thing as a washing machine then. Ye I know about the boiler. Brothers and me had to work the wringer with the huge spring trying to stop you turning it. Just so the cloth could go to the cold sink to wash out the soap.

Thank you inventor of the washing machine.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I fear my inner Grammar Nazi will give me a stomach ulcer.

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I used to have one of those. I killed him, so i could get some peace.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I have this SPELLING PROGRAM, everywhere?but it won't tell me the right spelling,just the wrong spelling--anyone know a good real free "spe4lling program"that tells you the correct one,as you get older,you forget hard spelling words.--unless you use em all the time.Spelling Directory?

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 You could always start by REDUCING the number of RANDOM word you TYPE in CAPITAL LETTERS, and then stop filling your POSTS with--stuff--like!!!THIS????!!!--.

I'm sure you have a lot to share with the community, Clarachan, but to be honest, your posts give me stomach ache.

+2

guru

Unexplained shadows in the night, & bugs walking across my face in the middle of the night. Damn water bugs! What was that? Get it off, get if off. LOL

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I fear nothing in this universe.

+1

expert
Report comment
(5y)

Democracy. The Ancient Greeks and Founding Fathers both opposed it for a reason. I could quote the typical go-to guys to prove a point, but I'll drop some knowledge from the man who knew the Older Gods. He inspired Clive Barker and John Carpenter so he was a bit more sophisticated than most "woke" thinkers.

"Democracy is just a false idol - a mere catchword and illusion of inferior classes, visionaries and dying civilizations." - H.P. Lovecraft

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@KatieNKyle Thank you. I'll have to look at his reasoning behind that. Did he have an alternative preference instead of Democracy?

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I once read that in hell they'll have a democracy. Heaven should bring a monarchy? The smartest people realized that men were not equal.

Report comment
(5y)

@KatieNKyle Yes, men are not equal.But shouldn't they have EQUAL RIGHTS?give them a chance to do it??I think the idea of giving folks SOME equal rights,some of them will learn how to do it.--maybe their kids?it is true, any of us here would have trouble handling a democracy as a govt.

Report comment
(5y)

@KatieNKyle How could men be equal? We all have different levels of ability, or potential. Not everyone can be Einstein. But the governments, or laws that we serve, and that serve us CAN treat us as equals...as far as justice goes. Maybe they don't...but they COULD. What percentage of people qualify as intelligent? Intelligent enough to decide what morality should be? Heaven SHOULD have a Monarchy. If there's no absolute law...there is no law at all.

Report comment
(5y)

@KatieNKyle Truer words have yet to be written on this site - well done.

And the results of this democracy is ...

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Look up Jared Taylor... he's the best man ever. Scary?

Report comment
(5y)

@KatieNKyle Had a look at his Wikipedia profile and sneeked a peek at his "magazine" American Renaissance. It just goes to show how divided the American society it and gives pause for thought as to where it will eventually end up.

Could this be the president's base supporters? I fear so.

Report comment
(5y)

@KatieNKyle WOW--unfortunately, you do have real facts.I almost agree with you.Democracy is SO HARD to do,and it easily corrupts.Even the Greeks didn't have theirs so long.I can see WHY founding fathers opposed it--the higher educated class KNOWS how to run a state or country,better than the other classes,.that's what they were afraid of.--And "the people"often want expensive,impossible programs,ect, in govt,that aren't practical.---they don't understand, you can't HAVE YER CAKE and eat it too.--that there's no money!!look at the national debt.---we don't even own our country from debt.

this issue would take a whole page itself."Does Democracy work?"VERY DIFFICULT concept.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I just remembered.Pres. Clinton and his wife came from very poor people.--they wanted LOTS OF MONEY,it got very important to them--above everything else.---so maybe picking leaders from the VERY POOR,can have problems.--the poor are not used to handling money and power;they can get very corrupted.(any comments?)

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Jack Nicholson's face.

Seriously, he's a scary looking dude.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 --WAS VERY GOOD ACTOR,sort of regarded as"sexist"(that's ok)and he did some lesser known movies, were even better than famous ones.I would NOT want to be an actor,the business is really harsh.--often very fouled up people are attracted to it.--kids get into drugs(true.)I hear being a female star is pretty bad.--but i respect him as a good actor.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

Well, let me ask this;the original Queen Elizabeth was very loved by her people.its said she was pretty smart(except maybe in romance)and ruled mostly with"Les-aigh-faire"(sorry, its French)which is "don't have a lot of govt, rules,depts,laws, make it very CASUAL and loose!!"it was the theory of"if you leave a country to LOOSE LAWS,instead of LOTS OF LAWS,it works better."And she did have a pretty good reign, people often worked out commerce, ect, without a lot of laws.--I read that in history.(If I am wrong, correct me.)I can't prove it would work now,we are different.

BUT I do agree that MANY MANY RULES AND LAWS are a bad idea.many of them cannot be enforced,or are very un-enforceable.(gun laws suck,)America is like that now--AND IT CRUSHES SMALL COMMERCE, ties every dept, issue up in rules too complex--now,nothing gets done!!our govt. is almost DEAD.NOT FUNCTIONING.--so we could learn from Queen Elizabeth's reign --GET RID OF TONS OF LAWS so the govt. and the nation can function!!
Read more

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Ye sure! Gun control is easy. Shut down the manufacturers. Have only law enforcement allowed to have them. The rest get hung for intended murder. Including manufacturers. Until they realize Having a gun gets you Hung.
Do Not forget. A gun has only one purpose.
Easy!
If Only.

Report comment
(5y)

Heights and Sharks

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

America ๐Ÿ˜‰

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

The future of mankind...

sometimes midgets or peanut butter but not much anymore.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Beware of glass eyed ultra-polite shemales, from no fixed abode who will invite you into its lair and woo you with words of rapture and recommendations. Beware because all is not as it seems. You stand before the greatest known shape shifter to ancient and modern times. Protect yourself from generous gifts and plaudits for these are the seeds that it plants in order to twist your reality into something of demonic attributes. Tell the other villagers. Among us is one who is not. Be afraid of offers to help and fawning adulations and advice on internet diseases that ooze from those long, boney fingers into the keyboard and at the speed of light casts you under its spells. Be very afraid.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. you are right,my sister got enraptured when these seniors in her club complimented her,asked her into a high office of the club,got her to work hard,and then when she needed members on her side,they went against her.They needed a hard worker,but they greased her,she disdn't see it coming.--till finally they went against her.Yeah,WATCH OUT FOR FAWNING,SLIPPERY types."CHARMING".Many people fall for "charming",especially "good-deeds,sympathetic,"politicians. the key is,"Ask yourself,"WHY is this person greasing me?.Am I that wonderful,like they ooze.??"That's it,ask yerself,"WHY are they doing ts?"--the world has many bad people who act SO GREAT.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. You are right,the con men;an arborist i hired made a pass at me.that's how i found arborists are strange people TOO MUCH!the men look at an old lady,living alone,and i am a big target for con-men.--I have to also make sure no one is camping out living,on the back of my place.--Old ladies are a huge target!

expert
Report comment
(5y)

spiders and snakes

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@suzieloves3 I think almost everyone can agree on that. As soon as I say that...there's going to be a line of herpetologists. telling me how nice snakes are!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe the trouble is the snakes we have do not carry id

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@suzieloves3 LOL! I know what you mean! I know a few snakes. One good thing about them, they are easy to identify! You know one when you see one!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Well, the poisonous snakes are NOT NICE.Why those guys keep rattle-snakes in their houses,beats me.(We knew someone who did that.)Was the rattle-snake the "guard dog"?And I just saw a couple big spiders haunt my ceiling,I phoned the bug guy,he says"It is their mating season,those big guys are just lookin for females!"--suposed to be not baddies.--ok--stay way up over THERE,NOT HERE,GUYS!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

Waking to find I've been buried alive, exhaling my very last breath.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@BSamedi That's a bad one!

Report comment
(5y)

@BSamedi Could be a past life thing.

God
Report comment
(5y)

This:

and this:

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ It scares me that those pics even exist.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe The last one is from a series on people who are "hoarders" who also collect massive amounts of small animals (like cats), but don't properly care for them, so their houses become traps of filth and disease. It's really sad. When my son was small I used to clean homes. I was once called to a woman's house where she had over 30 cats... that I could count. It was horrific. Some were so deformed, they could barely walk because of inbreeding and filthy conditions.

Report comment
(5y)

@ AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH! I hate to even think about things like that. I've been lucky enough to never have SEEN things like that. But I have turned into something of a recluse, because I know how filthy many people are. I'm old now, so have really slowed down, but I don't eat out, and avoid the public as much as possible...because I know that people like this are out in public, giving me change...preparing food...looking normal...until you pass closely enough to them to smell them. I guess I've become Howard Hughes...except poor. Lower levels of hygiene seem to accompany lower levels of morals.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Oh ewwwww. That reminds me of an article I read here in Ireland several years back about the soft serve ice cream cones you can get at the village shop or the Gala and such.

They said that most employees don't wash their hands after doing a poo and the bacteria gets in those soft serve machines so that it's like 25% poo bacteria.

I call them "poopy cones" now.

Gross.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I was sick enough to die recently and almost did.. Prolly from "Poopy" hands. My husband went to an event and the guy handed him his sandwich bare handed. My husband said to himself..eww I should not eat this..but did. I called him stupid (to myself). He got sick and not long after, I did too .. but the ambulance had to come for me and I was in the icu having been close to death...Now here's "stupid" me. While there, I spilled pills trying to take them one at a time and the nurse, with SWEATY hands, picked it up and I TOOK IT! stupid stupid stupid..

Now comes the issue of this thread "Fear". I'm afraid of break-ins too, have been all my adult life, have always had a gun and I know I would use it..No doubt in my mind whatsoever. If they break in and know your there.. what the heck else they gonna do besides hurt or kill you before they do what they broke in for? Common sense; no?
Secondly.. One fine night not so long ago, alone in the house..hubby in the garage, I heard a series of rather loud Pig Snorts. ...
Read more

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@laurie621 Your dog is possessed !

Report comment
(5y)

@laurie621 Are you familiar with reverse sneezing in dogs? It's harmless, but it can sound like a pig snorting!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@JustaGrl You know.. it never occurred to me to google it and I google EVERYTHING. But I did after bondojoe made his comment (possessed, blaaa joe!) I had thought it must be something dogs did sometimes. I haven't been around dogs much until I got my little peanut about 8 yrs ago and the one that did the pig snorting (angle), I haven't had very long.. Anywho, you are RIGHT!

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Are you serious? I don't see a L O L

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@laurie621 Well...did her head spin around? LOL!

guru
Report comment
(5y)

NO !! Actually you spooked me a little is why I reacted that way. As you know.. I am a Believer. And what does it say in the Bible about those things?? AS far as I am concerned.. enough said. People for the most part do not like this topic in the forum so I try to limit myself..haha Have a good one bondojoe, you are a good egg.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

Now, my sister actually saw a ghost;cuz she is a non-believer in ghosts,God,anything that is not logical and real.--but she and 2 gem-club females way out in California hunting digging up minerals and gems.They stay at this very old hotel;one room,3 cots,they're exhausted asleep.

in the middle of the night my sister wakes up cuz its so cold;and she sees a woman in old nightgown,standing in the room,(this is a locked room.)the female is very nice,smiling,and she points to one of the women,slightly touches above her head(that woman had been very sick lately.)Then suddenly the woman is GONE-VANISHED INSTANTLY.

its very cold suddenly my sister yells.the 2 women wake up,my sister tells them;one woman says"the ghost was blessing her"(the lady who had been so sick.)The two women believe my sister saw a ghost;it upsets my sister so much,she never wants to stay at hotel again.

The thing is,my sister does not believe in ghosts!she's too logical--butt she saw one anyhow!She finally told me about this much later over the phone on a Halloween(our fave holiday.)BUT MY SISTER LATER SAYS THE GHOST WAS NOT REAL SHE JUST HAD HALLUCINATION from exhaustion!she doesn't want to believe its too SCARY SO FEAR STOPS MY SISTER FROM BELIEVING IT.HOW do you like that?she saw it but still refuses to admit it!
Read more

+2

Report comment
(5y)

I'm good with tattoos, most piercings, and even had a full rabies series, BUT I practically have a seizure if anyone thinks I'm getting a blood test or IV. I've never allowed either. Just can't do it. Other than that, a house fire, swatting, and tight spaces are my biggest fears.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@JustaGrl LOL! What's up with the fear of some needles...but not others?

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Veins. It's the needle going into a vein I can't deal with. I had heart attack in 2000 (actual one) and left the ER AMA because they brought out an IV.

Report comment
(5y)

@JustaGrl Wow! That's a rotten phobia to have! Good luck! Maybe you can work on that.

+1

master

People in general scare me, just a simple walk to the corner store, they are blocking the sidewalk for all kinds of different reasons... they want your spare change, they want to know the time, sometimes I don't think they even know what they want... they stand there and stare you down....

Maybe that's just how it is in Toronto, enough to make a person agoraphobic smiley

+1

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ I bet it is! I wouldn't live in a place like that! Come on down to America. It's not like that. At least where I live.

+1

@bondojoe Really? Thought the US would probably be worse... but you know Toronto isn't the safe place it used to be either.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ I live in Northern Alabama. I live in a house on a street so quiet, it's like a graveyard. I don't think anyone has knocked on my door for 2 years, except a friend or relative. The stores, and businesses are busy...but not threatening. I walk to my mailbox everyday. It's bad , some places in America. People that want to live a decent life move AWAY from those places. They become like Baltimore, Chicago, and New York.

+1

@bondojoe I live two doors away from where there was an actual murder back in the summer.

Cannot walk around here alone. I do carry a mini sized can of hair spray for emergency, that's how afraid I am here.....

The building where the murder was houses people just released from prison, so as you can imagine, I don't walk around at night at all.

Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ Scrape together some money. Don't pay your bills. Move. Somewhere safe. Start a better life. That's not living. That's existing. You can do it.

+1

@bondojoe Yes exactly, will receive a payout from my place of employment shortly, and I'm definitely considering doing just that :)

Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ I'm happy to hear that! Consider America. There are nice places. There's a REASON that people want to come here.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,717 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series