This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,387 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

What are your thoughts on 'Game of Thrones' finale? Disappointed or Impressed? (1450 views, 33 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Now that Game of Thrones has come to an end...

What are your thoughts on Season 8 overall?

Were you disappointed with the finale or impressed?

Who did you watch the finale with?

What was your GOT finale snack?

Did you cry or get MAD?

Do you plan to now read the books or have you already?

What is your favourite GOT season? Character? Death? etc.

Do you think a spin-off will ever live up to GOT?

Were your finale predictions correct?

So many questions and thoughts...

smiley Share all things GAME OF THRONES here! smiley

+5

master
Report comment
(4y)

[SPOILER]

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

This thread is for all of the GoT fans who want to discuss GoT with other members of the two-movie community. Please be respectful.

To those who wish to participate and have some fun - you are welcome to join in and share your thoughts.

Please do not read anything here if you are not up to date with GoT!

Like all threads on the forum, the choice to open and read is all yours.

Example where members discuss a show on the forum without any problems can be found here:

dosmovies.com/forum/thread/I-need-to-tal....

as it states "Please don't read unless you have seen the latest episode"

Please be respectful and keep this thread friendly. - Cheers! smiley

+5

master
Report comment
(4y)

the three eyed raven as King--that was a surprise. John at the nightwatch / with the wildlings? the final was somehow great and somehow shiddy same time. I feeel sooo sorry for Dany, she looked sooooo gooooood in that black leather dress. John is a schmock. At least he should have spent some nights with her before killing her. smiley
yah she burned down a city in anger...didnt we all from time to time? They could have had so much fun together. burning down another city for example. Ahhh well, we will miss ya all

Report comment
(4y)

Story line/production, epic.
Acting, ok.
Directing/screenplay uhhh... could be better...

I feel they had a bunch of epic moments that just fell flat. I would have rather waited another year, seen less cgi/elaborate sets and had a well thought out, emotional screenplay with rockstar directing.

Overall: disappointed

Spin off will live if there is all of the above^

+3

God
Report comment
(4y)

I liked it all.

+4

skilled
Report comment
(4y)

I was disappointed with this season & the finale, but I'm not gonna bad mouth it. I'll always love it reguardless! I appreciate the actors who did a wonderful job of bringing these characters to life and the fandom is awesome too, I've met so many wonderful people over the years:) Even made some life long friends. So I'm all good & looking forward to the next two books. And how badass was that shot of Dany with Drogon's wings behind her?❤️🐉

+6

master
Report comment
(4y)

Well, now that I've slept on the finale, I guess I'm ok with it. Seems like the best outcome for everyone. I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, underwhelmed is probably the best word to describe how I feel about it. I cheered when Jon killed Dany. In retrospect though, it makes me really sad that her character ended that way. Such a great character to go out like that. It's a shame.

The overall last season, I'm happy with for the most part. As far as the Night King goes, I certainly didn't expect it to end how it did. I expected it to have something to do with Azor Ahai and the whole Prince That Was Promised Prophecy. I guess that was more of a book thing though. While it wasn't what I expected I still like Arya killing him. It was shocking and unexpected and I love that.

I've read all the books so far, waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring. I hope they have a different ending. I hope he doesn't pass away before finishing them.
Read more

Report comment
(4y)

Absolutely thoroughly disgusted! SO many plot holes and missed opportunities! A 0/10 from me!

+3

Report comment
(4y)

smiley smiley smiley I hated it. What a disappointment. It killed all the hype built in 8 seasons in just one episode. Basically, all the ones that plotted and betrayed and killed one another got to live and the only one that was a straight shooter from the start got to die.

And when Drogo appeared in the the throne room, I was actually expecting some divine justice and kept shouting for him to eat John Snow. Unfortunately, the dragon was more politically correct than anyone else. WTF????

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd Oh no. They must've pooped all over my favourite show ever just to wrap it up in a pretty bow.

I know no one will ever believe that I actually read spoilers and don't mind them ahead of time... I was unable to watch last night and am only reading now.

I was afraid of this.

How sad.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@ It was beyond sad. It was outright pathetic. I sincerely got mad.

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd Oh dear. I'm beside myself hearing this.

They've pooped all over the best series ever.

smiley

Thank goodness I will always have the books.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ The only funny thing to say about this episode would have been if they added a disclaimer at the end, to satisfy PETA guidelines, stating:

"No Queen-slayer was barbequed, slow cooked, chewed on or digested in the production of this episode".

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd At this point I'm surprised they didn't do a full song and dance number, before finding a talking Donkey for Drogon to marry.

I'm so grumpy about it, lol.

God
Report comment
(4y)

That was TRIPE. Absolute rubbish. Voluminous excrement of the smelliest order.

They crucified a brilliant series to give us "The Waltons of Winterfell".

smiley smiley smiley

On another note, I won't need to splash out on the boxed Blu-ray DVD's to complete my collection.

Ugh. smiley

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

So they elect a northerner to rule who then gives the north independence but continues to rule the south?

The last two seasons have been poor compared to the previous ones, but season eight has seemed ill thought out, rushed and haphazard. It's almost as if the writers had other projects to concentrate on so just wrote the script and plot in one night to get it out the way.

I can see why they're getting the backlash that they're having dished out.

+6

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@MarkRowley The showrunners have a deal with Lucasfilm/Disney to make a new trilogy of Star Wars films, personally I think that was the big factor to have the last 2 seasons shorter and rushed, and also not having the book reference as before. HBO wanted 10 seasons of GOT and I suppose that most of the actors would have been ok with that, but the money talks...

+4

Report comment
(4y)

For the people complaining about this season, I agree that everything felt rushed this season and even the last one, Benioff and Weiss had the deal with Lucasfilm some time ago so they didn’t want to spend more time on this show. I think that HBO wanted at least 2 seasons more but the money they offered to the couple was not enough, It’s sad but take in consideration that G.R.R. Martin has read and approved the scripts for the show and gave the writers indications on where the story will unfold, and at this point I’m not sure if the 2 last books of the series will ever be published, the last one was from 2011, the same year the first season came out, If they finally get published one day I don’t think they will stray too far from the TV show in the main story, even if there are a lot of storylines from the books that never got to the tv Show, Lady Stoneheart is one of them and one that I miss the most. But I don’t care what some people are saying, this was a hell of a ride, one of the best TV shows never aired on TV, if somebody compared this to the Lost finale they don’t know what they are talking about that was the most sh*t ending for a tv I have ever seen. ...
Read more

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@DarkKlown That old MFer better finish those books before he kicks the bucket. I will be so disappointed if we don't get those books. I want a REAL ending from them too. Not something that leaves a bunch of unanswered questions.

Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks Me too I really hope they get published, even if Martin has denied it I think that at least book 6 must be finished and was waiting for the show to be over, so perhaps before the year ends we can read it, But for book 7 who knows, and GRR is getting old and not in the best shape, at least he has a ton of money to have a top notch health insurance

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

Hated it. Hated it. Hated it.

Right now, I can't even find the words to describe how utterly disappointment I am. It was worse than the finale of Lost and Dexter combined.

People have invested hundreds of viewing hours in the years leading up to Season 8... and, in my opinion, Benioff, Weiss - HBO and Martin to a lesser degree by signing off on the crap - have collectively shat all over that investment, shoved it in an old Amazon box they had laying around, and tied it up with a multi-million dollar bow.

And they all lived happily ever after... Well, most of them.

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Really glad I only started watching this show in December, this last season was such a disappointment, so rushed and unsatisfying, but if I had invested 8+ years in this I would be
furious. All that time at the end of each episode should have been used on the show, not D and D Talking about the show. I think this ending could really hurt the prequels. with such a sh*t ending a lot of people will look at the prequels and just think, meh, why bother if it all just leads to this?

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

very disappointed. smiley do you think they made a ton of MONEY?--Cause that's all that people seem to think is important.

+4

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

It sucked. I am so disappointed.

The writers got sloppy after they ran out of book, by George RR Martin, to follow.

The military strategy was awful. Why would you put the army of unsullied in front of the trench? It makes no sense. There's more problems with the strategy but, I don't have all day.

And if you are like me and invested 8/9 years into this show, it was clear to see that the story arch building for each leading character was either dropped or forgotten.

What happened to the prince or princess that was promised to stop the night king being the only one that could stop him? Arya was neither.

All the build up to who/what was going to happen to Cersei. Would she get what was coming to her? They drop a building on her. phifft!!!

They butchered Daenerys' character. They (the writers) got lazy and turned her into the mad king. She would never do that. Never...

+3

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

i,m so angry and sad in one they really ruined the last ep for sure but honestlly the one before that too,they build us up to a great moment in time to pull the plug before it all was reveiled.no big bang no sad ending that would have brought weeks of talking about how sad or great it was or both.they ruined the ending of the best series of the last 2 decades atleast the anger is gone now but it turned into sadness.they had to prolongued the battle made it a lot longer before killing off the king of the death not let little arya kill him just like that.first let him kill denearess not john cause he would have to sit on the iron throne and be king of westoros and live in the red keep tower,and sansa queen of the north with the big lady knight as her protector and hand of the queen.or something like that its better then the story they gave us in the end. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

+3

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

I'm one of the rare, that has never watched GoT. I tried to long ago, but I thought it was a kiddie movie, because I saw a CGI baby dragon flying around. I turned it off a never paid any attention to it, until the media was making a big deal about this last season.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@MPA2000 It was probably after the second season that I began to watch GoT as back then I just did not have the time to dedicate myself to any films/series but when I did give the first episode a try, I did not care much for it. My sister was/is a die hard fan of it and was constantly bugging me about it so one boring weekend I binged the first season and was hooked.

Did you end up watching all of GoT?

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@3UN01A No I still haven't watched any of it. I might do what you did one weekend.

Report comment
(4y)

@MPA2000 I recommend you do as I believe you will enjoy it. Must give it at least the first season before giving up. You're lucky to have all the seasons to binge - I am kinda jealous LOL

Happy viewing!

+5

senior master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

I was so disappointed with the last episode. smiley I agree with what Swans said.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

It started well but the ending is damn disappointing

guru
Report comment
(4y)

It was great!

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,387 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series