This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,714 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

WHAT ARE YOUR PHOBIAS???🐍💉🐝 (AHS-Cults) (1702 views, 45 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(6y)

In honor of America Horror Story-Cults which is filled with phobias <br> <br> WHAT ARE YOUR PHOBIA'S LOOK THEM UP AND LIST THEM <br> smiley

+4

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@Teeny💋 Being In small places,where I could get stuck. Don't have problems to look In videos or pictures,but If I were In that spot,I'd panic and then die. :D - Claustrophobia.

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@Kriksis I understand that completely!! <br> Thank you for sharing

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Kriksis Me too, I couldn't unzip my winter coat one time and I panicked and ripped it off. smiley Felt like I would smother and couldn't breath. If I was stuck in a small space like a coffin I'd probably die of panic.
As I have gotten older I have a fear of Heights, never use to be afraid of much when I was younger, I even use to sit on the 14 floor balcony and not be worry about falling.,

Report comment
(6y)

@Teeny💋 I have a fear of parasitic nematodes. I could not find what that would be called. I do like beneficial nematodes and other platyhelminthes though.

God
Report comment
(6y)

Mine are: <br> 1. Arachnophobia-Fear of Spiders <br> 2. Acrophobia-Fear of heights <br> 3. Claustrophobia-Fear of enclosed spaces (mine is more having my arms pinned where I can't move them or stretch them out-totally drives me mad) <br> 4. Trypophobia-Fear of holes (I don't like holes that things can come out of-uuuggggghhhh) <br> <br> My son has: <br> Trypanophobia-Fear of needles <br> Number 4. from above <br> Entomophobia-Fear of bugs and insects <br> <br> smiley

+3

guru
Report comment
(6y)

Dem Spiders, no matter the size. <br> <br> <br>

+2

God
Report comment
(6y)

My husband has a weird ones: <br> <br> Sidonglobophobia-Fear of cotton balls <br> Pagophobia-Fear of ice and frost (he can't stand touching ice cubes and the way they stick to your fingers) smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(6y)

duckduckgo.com/?q=fearof.net&... <br> Fearof.net <br> For a list of 100 phobias smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(6y)

Out of all the creepy crawlies, there's only spiders i like lol. smiley

+2

Report comment
(6y)

1: Roller coasters! no. no way nope! <br> 2: Automatonophobia is the fear of anything that falsely represents a sentient being; it is a type of specific phobia. This includes, but is not limited to, ventriloquist dummies, animatronic creatures, mannequins, scarecrows, and wax statues. (mine only being mannequins with faces) <br> 3: honondasdontiaphobia; is literally the fear of loosing your teeth.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@ROCK-N-Rolla nice ones, thanks for sharing

+1

guru
Report comment
(6y)

Don't know if it has a name, but I've got a phobia of having a phobia.

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted Phobophobia – The fear of fear.

Report comment
(6y)

@Teeny💋 Put me down for a ration of that then.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

Agoraphobia is an intense fear and anxiety of being in places where it is hard to escape, or where help might not be available. Agoraphobia usually involves fear of crowds, bridges, or of being outside alone. <br> <br> Trypophobia, is a claimed pathological fear of holes, particularly irregular patterns of holes <br> <br> Thanatophobia: fear of death. <br> <br> The last one is because that's the only given promise at birth is death.

+3

God
Report comment
(6y)

I read that people with Trypophobia may stem somewhere deep in our brains from long long long time ago. That people who suffer from this also feel the same negative emotions when seeing poisonous animals and that it is something ingrained in us for our own safety. See below pics, warning may be upsetting to some. <br> <br> smiley <br> <br> <br> <br>

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Teeny💋 Ooooh pret... aaaaahhhhhhhh *ott choking noises*

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

Fear of Public Speaking Phobia – Glossophobia - I had to give a speech at my high school graduation. My knees were shaking, my hands sweating, felt like I was gonna puke. My voice shook the whole time but I made it through it. I still hate speaking in front of people, really large groups in particular. <br> <br> Fear of Long Words Phobia – Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - I don't have this but it struck me as funny that the name for fear of long words is one of the longest words I've ever seen. <br> <br> I also don't like being in tight spaces, bugs (even though I used to pick cicadas up by their wings when I was a little girl) and heights. These last 3 aren't overwhelming for me but make me uncomfortable. <br> <br> Awesome thread Teeny. Thanks! smiley smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@rickgrimesrocks I don't care for speaking in large crowds either. Thank you for sharing

admin
Report comment
(6y)

<br>

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil This one bothers me....uggggggg

+1

admin
Report comment
(6y)

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Thank you Dr Evil for sharing so many holes for us. I loved the video but I didn't like her feet the holes were smaller...that bothered me more. Is this your phobia as well????

+1

guru
Report comment
(6y)

I have thalassophobia If I am in a lake or ocean and cant see what's beneath me I am terrified

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@KingDeathTrooper thanks for sharing, I can't stand that either. Pools all the way for me

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@KingDeathTrooper I was like that when I was a kid, after I saw Jaws smiley

+1

guru
Report comment
(6y)

<br>

+2

master
Report comment
(6y)

Don"t know what it is called, but I can't walk on things I can see through. Terrifies me. Cat walks are safe, I know but I seize up like a two dollar tent.

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@fortunate1 That might be more like vertigo but not sure. thank you for sharing

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@fortunate1 Could be Acrophobia.

+1

God
Report comment
(6y)

Acrophobia: Fear of heights <br>

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

Fear of poking a hole in the toilet paper whilst wiping myself.

+5

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@Fakeinternet I think that is called stinkfingerphobia smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Fakeinternet That;s called Dupaphobia.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Fakeinternet smiley You must use a lot of it at one time.....

guru
Report comment
(6y)

Lilapsophobia - fear of tornadoes. I used to have these horribly vivid dreams about being sucked up into a tornado when I was younger. I haven't had one in a long time and the internet shrinks said it was more of me not feeling like I was not in control of my life than me actually fearing tornadoes. That's probably true because I don't think I'd be any more upset than anyone else if a tornado went by my house but I hated having those dreams. I don't think there's such a thing as a fear of dream tornadoes though.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@PaddyWhack Check out these sites: <br> www.lauriloewenberg.com/tornado-... <br> www.quora.com/What-is-the-meanin... <br> www.dreamdictionary.org/uncatego... <br> Maybe these will help you understand why you had dreams of tornadoes. <br> or maybe you a fear of nightmare: <br> Kakoneirophobia (from kakos meaning "bad, evil", oneiros meaning "dream", and phobos meaning "fear") is an irrational fear of nightmares. ... It is often connected with oneirophobia, although kakoneirophobia is the fear of bad dreams only, while oneirophobia can mean fear of good dreams as well. <br> <br> Whatever the case thank you for sharing your fears with us😱

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@Teeny💋 You are welcome. <br> <br> Bonus: a favorite movie of mine about tornadoes. I'm gonna go watch it again right now :) <br> dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Into_the_Storm....

+1

master

This is mine smiley <br> <br> <br> dumasaphobia <br> <br> Meaning : 1) A morbid fear of dumbass people. smiley <br> <br> A mental disorder that has no cure. It's called 'Dumasaphobia', the fear of stupid people. smiley <br> <br> Example : Ted can't even turn on Fox News without having a panic attack because he suffers from dumasaphobia. smiley

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 I think a lot of us have that phobia and that problem....lol

+1

master

smiley Yep smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,714 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series