This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,639 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

What are your favourite Christmas childhood memories? (655 views, 3 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

What are your favourite Christmas childhood memories?

+4

master
Report comment
(5y)

I no longer practice Xmas although my sister does herself,in another state.All my family I cared about is dead,so I have no reason to celebrate it.I don't have good Xmas memories except as the family i had as an adult,and they are all dead-

-and as a kid, that family was not something I liked,so i do my best to forget my bad childhood.--Xmas got to be a big phony Protestant celebration no one really believed in. I have other times and occasions a lot more truly religious and spiritual, not Xmas.

A lot of my friends feel the same way, especially Catholics.A lotta Catholics over the years told me they hated the religion and the treatment of the Catholic church, a ton of them left the church.

Strangely, i even met Christian monks who got so sick of the life,they quit and became ordinary people--after years of being monks.I guess not just nuns decide to quit the faith.--also it happens to people in other religious orders.

My only good Xmas time was when i had a little family as an adult,most of those people are dead now.At that time,i also lived right down the street from my sister and her partner,so it was really great--they came to our ThaNKSGIVING TOO.My adult family loved to cook a lot,and do that together--so these years are especially good.
Read more

+4

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

My favorite is the town I lived in was near an Air Force base, and at Christmas all the guys at the base that couldn't go home, would dress up like Santa, and deliver gifts to kids, on Christmas eve at your house. What actually happened was the parents would bring the gifts wrapped to one of the schools, and give the home address, I think they had about 50 Santas going through the whole town. My parents always snapped pictures, and that was the only gift we could open that night. Fun, memories, they still are doing this to this day, so glad they kept the tradition going.

+4

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Not necessarily my favourite - but it is one of the most memorable.

We went to my aunts for lunch on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas Day) When we returned someone had broken into our house. The front door was smashed and wide open. Someone had been in the house and exited through one of the windows at the back of the house, having to climb down from the second floor (it was a split level house)

We obviously panicked that someone had stolen our presents. We rush in, expecting the worst - everything was still there! Cash on the mantle, Bro's TV, my stereo system... The only thing missing - My brothers new VHS copy of Robocop!

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,639 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series