This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,645 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

What's your favorite sport and why? (1225 views, 26 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(6y)

I like football and basketball, but my favorite sport is mountain bike riding.
What is your favorite sport and what do you like about it? :)

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

I like football too but not sure if we are talking about the same game ?

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@payno Soccer? I like European football ;)

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil yes it is but I prefer to use its real name "football" smiley (I don't know much about the American game of football it just looks similar to Rugby to me ?) <br> Formula 1 is another sport I like smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@payno Me too. I don't watch American football. It's really not for me.

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil im the same with Rugby but would probably be better if I knew the rules <br> <br> PS you Americans are getting quite good at the game these days smiley smiley (football that is)

Report comment
(6y)

@payno American "football" is rugby for wimps.smiley

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

not a fan of sports really but if am honest i do like to watch the occasional old firms purely for the atmosphere smiley smiley smiley

+1

guru
Report comment
(6y)

I have a DEEP Passion for American College Football and Basketball, specifically my University of Tennessee Volunteers!! However, my Absolute favorite sport, BY FAR, is "the Sweet Science" of Boxing! There is no better measure of a man than to watch him box another man. Just by watching a match I can tell you EVERYTHING there is to know about the individuals make up. Are they smart? Dump? Patient? Not patient? Are quitters? Or perhaps Champions? I can tell you unequivocally if they are a genuinely Good Human Being or Perhaps, scum of the Earth! I could go on forever, but I will save you all from being forced to take a nap after trying to read it all! smiley Let me end with this though, the so called boxing "Match" that has been set for Aug 26 between Mayweather and McGregor, is PURE SHITE!! It is an afront to the sport I LOVE and I will NOT pay a single cent to watch it. I encourage you all, and all of your mates, DO NOT PAY TO WATCH THAT DEBACLE! smiley Each fighter is only in it for your CASH! 9 DIGITS WE ARE TALKING! Now I cant speak for McGregor and do not know how he is as a humanitarian, but i Know Floyd aint going to do sh*t good with his money. ...
Read more

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@CHACHiPAGLiACCi You know it! I've thought Mayweather has had nothing but fixed fights for a long time now. PPV has ruined the entire sport and how they handle title bouts now is an insult to ALL the older fighters. :(

Report comment
(5y)

@CHACHiPAGLiACCi I was very attracted to "boxing movies"cause i was convinced the main thing was to HURT,KNOCK OUT,OR LITERALLY KILL your opponent.yeah,i won't pay tv to watch boxing.But Cassius Clay was wonderful to watch,he danced around like a BEE,so he could not get hit.--most fantastic boxer of all time,I support your right to not pay to watch a bad match.--too bad you can't see em in person,I bet that's the best view of all.:)

Report comment
(6y)

im a geek but also a complete "bro" when it comes to sports lol. Playing USA Football & baseball made it fall in love with the game. I hate how colleges use their athletes for money while they risk injury & the NFL company is a complete joke like many things in 2017 but I love watching it and getting together with a group of people n watching all the games on a Sunday is beyond fun for me. I could nvr get into boxing, mma, Hockey, or basketball no matter how hard I tried. I will try to watch a game of bball tho if its in the Finals and close (game 7/last few minutes etc). Really enjoy playing tennis & volleyball for fun exercise but I suck at them so...(well maybe but better than some but I still mess up a lot lol) <br> <br> I absolutely love driving/racing but unfortunately NASCAR is completely effin terrible n boring since they made it so 1 car/owner teams can preform well n should definitely try to design the Camaro & mustang so they look nicer n are more recognizeable would help a lot. ...
Read more

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@willywallace28 those racing movies i see.it can see why you like racing,looks like a gas!!Do you ever watch "Demolition Derbys"?that might be a "parody"of a sport.I had a boyfriend who raced, on freeways,but he would not let me ride then;you guys get all the fun@@@:)

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

single player badminton. coz need alo of stamina

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@loqman89 very true, we played "doubles badminton"in college,it was fun.

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

My favorite sport would be kick boxing.Why I like this sport is because there is more to it then just punching. I like to see how high they kick and see more knock outs to.It's also an Art forum like Karate .

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

Here's one that maybe a bit unusual for most people. I became completely obsessed with billiards/pool almost 30yrs ago. I use to travel the southern states playing in the tournaments and was totally engrossed in the 'action/gambling' from the top ranked players. So many fun times and crazy stories. These days the sport is dominated by leagues and almost all the old billiard halls are gone. Sadly young people aren't willing to spend the time to learn something that isn't a video game or a click away from being 'good' at it. Sponsorships and televised coverage is all but gone in the US. The past Mosconi Cup outcomes reflect this. Europe supports their players while there is so little support or enthusiasm in the US it's just a depressing topic. I still play and love everything about pocket billiards :) If anyone is half interested in learning to play go support your local pool room and buy a cue. Lots and lots of helpful information online and most players are more than willing to help anyone get started in the sport.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Icemankfc i think its harder than other sports cause the technicality is more important;they say,math is how you figure what to hit,and you gotta be precise.So you musta bin good,it ain't easy.Those old billard-game movies are so good,"Fast Eddy",I still love those.--its a great way to view the experts--good for you!!

Report comment
(6y)

I love hurling my city is in the all ireland this sunday up the smiley Deise come on Waterford smiley smiley smiley smiley

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@bearman that sounds really great i have seen it on t.v.

master
Report comment
(6y)

Soccer: European and College Soccer

skilled
Report comment
(6y)

Soccer is my thing and i dont know why......... smiley smiley

guru
Report comment
(6y)

The 5 Nations Rugby Tournament is the sporting highlight of the year for me, but ~ if the weather is good ~ there is a lot to be said for sitting back with a cold one and hearing the crack of leather on willow. <br> I was recently given a fishing rod and reel and have been doing a bit of coarse fishing ~ the excitement comes in small doses, but it's terrific fun.

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

<br> Golf ... because an individual's performance does not depend on the performance of another individual. <br> <br> I also like baseball because I enjoy the "game within the game".

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I started doing yoga as an adult,and went smiley to classes for years--it was really good for the back,and stretched you out--I even stood on my head twice,i was amazed.But it was so good for limbering yer body.I only had to lay off,when my feet got too bad to go to class.(I was also taking ballroom dance,so my old feet got too much action.)

After that,I still try to to do minor "weight-work" smiley with 2 lb. weights, cause seniors lose strength,and have to increase weight work to stay strong.(I used to work with 5-pound weight,but i was a bit younger.)

I also strangely in my 70's found out,i like to watch old musicals,and Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers,and others,and I copy them,and try to move around the house.I had no idea I would "ape" musical comedies,but no one sees me,which is good--but they are very good exercise within your limited home room.-

-i am not GOOD at it,but I love trying to copy it.--there are still simple dance steps in old musicals,fox trots,waltzes,and you find out even begin. ballroom dance is very good exercise--better than jogging or running,that;s too hard on the feet. It is also a good substitute for long walks,cause they are too hard on my feet now.
Read more

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 the sport i like to watch,and cheer for,is figure skating in the Olympics,and pairs "figure dancing."

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Tiddlywinks, what's not to love about Tiddlywinks.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,645 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series