This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,737 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

What does Freedom mean to you? (2581 views, 213 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Do you support other's rights to disagree with YOUR opinions? Or do you think that you know best, that everyone should think like you do? Do you agree that " I may not like what you say, but I defend your right to say it? Because that is THE definition of freedom. Do you believe in Freedom, or do you believe that speech should be restricted? We aren't talking about screaming fire, in a crowded building. We are talking about TALKING. If we weren't free to disagree, slavery would still exist, women would still be relegated to kitchens, and Hitler would have ruled the world. And everyone would say the same thing...all of the time. Kind of like Washington, DC.

+4

Hide 22 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe See below my comment that we women don't want to lose the freedom that we have in the US.--and what we will do to keep it.

+3

@clarachan1355 I totally agree with you, I'm not racist at all, I just don't agree with what Muslims want to do to other countries. <br> <br> Here in Canada they want to bring their own laws, Sharia Law being one of them, which you already know about. <br> <br> It's not only that, there have been many incidents related to terror here. I know they aren't all bad but they are not being screened in any way at all. It's taking your life in your hands walking down the Danforth... there was a recent news article about 12 people being shot, two of them dead, one child 10 years old and an 18 year old girl, many others seriously injured as well. This and another incident about a month ago took place way too close to my home. <br> <br> This cannot continue. Immigration needs to stop. I don't give a damn if some don't like my ideas, they are mine and shared by the majority of the city of Toronto.

+4

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ Cowards out there who down vote, and that cannot admit the truth, well kiss my backside smiley smiley smiley <br> <br> I won't be like other's here who demand an "investigation" to determine who down voted me, but I think I know who you are... smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)
+3

Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ We can all work together to make sure we are allowed to SHARE this news, here, and everywhere we go. It has been "suggested " to me that I would be better off not posting any more news articles opposing Muslims. If I am banned from here...you will know why. Thank you for speaking up!

+2

@bondojoe Agreed, why should it be a problem posting your opinion.... other's seem to think it's their way or the highway.... stupid thinking.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ It's the same way in life now...run with the crowd, or get crucified. You're right ..it's stupid. That tells about the people that are making our lives difficult.

+3

@bondojoe The post I made above about the attacks in Toronto are documented facts, are they afraid of the truth?

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ YES... they ARE afraid of the truth. Why else would they try to stop us from posting it?

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe That is the most ludicris thing I have ever heard. Muslims practice the Islamic religion. It is about a religion NOT a race, although the two can be synonymous to a degree, I bet you could post all the things you wanted about christian fanatics and crimes. I'm sorry but this BS double standard is a huge problem. If you have a news site, you post the news whatever form it comes in. It doesn't say POLITICALLY CORRECT NEWS I will post whatever news I find that is relevant and interesting. And you should Never be made to feel you shouldn't. Nobody is forcing anyone to READ anything, Censorship in any form is messed up!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams You can't change a liberals mind. The truth doesn't matter to them. They coll themselves "progressives" now, as though changing their name makes them more intelligent. WE have to make sure that everyone that we know gets to the voting booths on election days, and beat them there. They own the media. WE need to organize voting parties, and rides. Get EVERYONE there!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe no doubt! And it's not true, people can wake up. I did! And I know a ton a people who have as well. It's all in the way the topic is broached. If done, in an intelligent way, without bashing or assaulting people, but having real conversations. Have you heard of diamond and silk?

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams Yes...I've watched diamond and silk. Liberals HATE them...even though they are minorities! Thre's a lot of black people that have left the Democratic party, since Obama screwed them.

Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ They are systematically immigrating to take over the world, I saw a video about this exact thing. They are smart and they know what they are doing. And the stupid democrats are playing right into their hands.

+4

@sunshinedaydreams Yes, totally agreed with you on this.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ Thing is, there is no debating it, it is right out of their OWN mouths. I have to post a link sometime for the video, if I can find it again. If you want to watch a real horror movie, this one is it.

+2

@sunshinedaydreams Yes! If you manage to find it, I love to see it please. Post here when/if you can. And thnx :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams And of course I am talking about radicals, not the entire population. Just so we are clear. ;)

+2

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Now you have an illusion of freedom, nothing more. And slavery still exist in softer forms (you think it's freedom)...

+12

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I agree...but an illusion of freedom is still better than a certainty of being controlled. I understand that the word and meaning of slavery was replaced by the terms desire, and employee. Considering that logically, we shouldn't even exist, I'm relatively happy within my limited confines. I simply want EVERYONE to be able to express themselves. We can all decide whether or not that person's "logic" is agreeable , or coincides with our own. For example..I like your post!

+4

Report comment
(5y)

We are slaves to debt. <br> There is no freedom, only the illusion of choice. <br>

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@badboybadger We ARE slaves to debt. But we can, to some extenet determine the AMOUNT of slavery we are willing to subject ourselves to, in order to get what we want. Freedom exists for me. It is the ability to do as I like, and speak as I like. It is not absolute, or complete, but it does exist.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

having access to internet and reading and re-posting a bunch of one sided political news stories per day is true freedom.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Spriggan That's true. No matter which side you are posting about.

+3

master
Report comment
(5y)

Interesting that you would post this. Is that because of the new rules made? So people can no longer post arbitrary racist sh*t? interesting how all the sudden of all people, you are posting something about freedom of speech...

Hide 18 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Melted~Dreams Craymoss, when have I EVER been against freedom of speech? Just because I think what you say is dumb, I still think you have the right to say it. As a matter of fact, I will DEFEND your right. The moverators KNOW that I have NEVER complained about anything that ANYONE said.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe ROFL!!!!! really? because the posts you posts don't lie. wow. you... just lol.........

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Melted~Dreams You just LOVE shooting yourself in the foot, don't you?

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe What's a matter dondo, thought you didn't have to talk to me anymore? Nope, i'm tellin it like it is. I always do :)

Report comment
(5y)

@Melted~Dreams I'll use this opportunity to interject and ask, what IS the deal with the side chatbox? How does it work in terms of it always containing...ahem, certain kind of news stories? Do people just submit/drop news stories there or what? I don't get how that works. I'm still figuring this stie out. That chatbox feels like my workplace. I work an ER room. Where the TV is always set to one specific news station that riles up the geriatrics.

+2

@Spriggan When news stories or added, it automatically shows in chat box. dosmovies.com/news/upcoming....

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka๐Ÿบ Ahhh ok. I understand now. It automatically gets added to chat. I always wondered. Truth be told, yeah, that ought to just stay off the chatbox. Thanks.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@Spriggan yeah, lols... I personally feel the newxs links shouldn't be there, clutters it up like crazy but meh.. they get linked into chjat after they are posted for quick refrence after posting. If you go to the actuall news sectiopn, you can get a clearer picture of our section and how it works. As Vodka posted, just click that link, and it'll take you there. Or, click the blue 'NEWS' Word in the section up above. Can post your own news too if you like. But yeah, its,... kinda a annoying, I know the news articles.. Takes up the whole box....

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@Melted~Dreams I didmt see any new rules, Dr.Evil.nd I am not racist,I am anti-religious.I am anti-political and religion.I don't hate the RACE.the behavior and belief systems stink.--thats wyh what I am saying.

+6

master
Report comment
(5y)

&, if it was addressed in the adult way, you think allot of people would still be here? ha. <br>

+1

Hide 48 replies...

God
Report comment
(5y)

I've said it several times. I don't hate homosexuals. I think the few that are born that way are sick, and need help. They are far more likely to committ suicide. Even now whn they are acccepted by most. You are enabling an illness. They have emotional problems or chemical imbalances. They didn't suddenly get better in the past eight years. I have more black friends than you do. Yes, I hate every Muslim that is raping young girls, and grooming them. Do you even know what that means? You SHOULD be hating them too. I hate the ones that fly airplanes into our buildings, and kill people. I hate the ones killing, and taking over countries. But I don't hate them all. I don't hate the ones that are being good citizens...but since we are on that subject...where ARE those GOOD Muslims? Why aren't they marching every day, protesting the bad ones. Why don't we see them on tV telling everyone that the OTHER Muslims don't represent them. The "Good ' Muslims are silent, and BY their silence, they let their loyalties be known. ...
Read more

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Actually,I had close male gay friends,but not everyone is a nice person.It was really the PERSON HIMSELF,not that he was gay.that didnt have anything to do with it.He was just a really great,nice guy,my friend,like a big brother.Very smart,funny,and I gotta say,when i lived in that city,we would go out to eat,and we'd have someone looking at us like"wHY is that woman out with a Filipino guy?"and that was sophisticated place.That was so funny.bad,though.I had friends who were Mexican-Japanese,and got the same treatment.--"Why are they together?" people are weird,we just ignored it. <br> <br> But Bondo is correct about Muslims and their religion and behavior.Yeah,I notice the "good Muslims"never come out and say anything.So why don't they support the USA against terrorism too? <br> <br> We never hear anything, except for the very few Muslim women who escape their country,and publish and speak against abuse of women.I admire them--but we got so few of them.I don't like American men who rape,they are here too.It seems to be a bad thing about some men who are that way. <br> <br> Look at ex-Pres.Clinton,he did it while he was a governor.And Gore,attacking maids in hotels!!It seems like a lotta big politicans have ego and sexual problems. <br> <br> Also,because, maybe, of the big college here,we have a special "special-sexual abuse survivor clinic here."Nonprofit,very good,that's rare.I know some of the counselors.They have groups especially for MEN who were abused as boys too;it happens to boys,too.(sorry for the advertising.(I just wanted to show this is a big problem.--it happens to boys too.--Yes,some of them become gay from it,its true.And, yes,they got emotional problems;but they were victims usually.from childhood.--I found that out.You'd be surprised at the amt, of boys and teen agers,male, it happens to.--Some of them become gay.sorry to be so blunt.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 You'd better be careful. They're trying to put a muzzle on me. I've been warned [asked] not to post any more stories that liberals don't approve of. If you see that I'm gone..you'll knowe why.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe What?????????? Screw that noise.

+1

God

Think of the people that have voiced their views (writing on hats and clothes) about liking Trump. Then people assault them like it is okay to do. smiley

Hide 11 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka๐Ÿบ You KNOW who these idiots are! Liberals. Plain and simple. Not intelligent enough to KNOW they're idiots! LOL!

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe There's the basic Idiotom. Liberals!!! SMDH..

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka๐Ÿบ Really? that's what you came up with??? because I specifically remember a old person getting beaten by a trump lover. so don't even go there brah.. It goes both ways... Just lol dude....

+1

@Melted~Dreams Not seen a story yet to do with someone hitting out at someone because they don't like Trump! <br> Assault is assault either way.

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka๐Ÿบ Really? wow.. A blind trumpet is a blind trumpet...... Like, wow PV..... Talk about picking and choosing what media you read and watch...... Do some actual research. Seriously. It will do you some good. How much of that koolaid you been drinking man? I'm gonna start calling you KA instead, seriously.. Thats your new name, KA, from now on. KA....

+3

@Melted~Dreams You keep using this i've had a drink crap towards me. <br> You or being aggressive (for no reason) to me and it stands out.

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka๐Ÿบ Got drinking on your mind?? <br> I was talking about kool-aid, which you've been drowning in if you think that "Not seen a story yet to do with someone hitting out at someone because they don't like Trump!" is True and absolute. Go do some factual research on the subject, go. Go on. I'm being completely serious here, Not dogging on your drinkin, I'm telling you to go and do some research, and you will see the truth KA.. <br> <br> P.S. www.urbandictionary.com/define.p... <br> "Drinking the Kool-aid..." <br> <br> One lasting legacy of the Jonestown tragedy is the saying, โ€œDonโ€™t drink the Kool-Aid.โ€ This has come to mean, "Donโ€™t trust any group you find to be a little on the kooky side." or "Whatever they tell you, don't believe it too strongly". ...
Read more

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Melted~Dreams You really should instead of just downvoting everything KA. You would actually learn something. Do some research KA. <br> Seriously. People HAVE and do get attacked by Trump supporters. At his rallies and other places. It has happened. Not just by anti-trumpers. Disagree all you like, it doesn't change the reality of things KA....

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Melted~Dreams I know my sister in north California some months ago, saw live news on tv showing Berkely college;a right wing protest march was there,peacefully,but they has very angry liberals decide to physically attack them just cause"we don';t care,if they're peaceful,we're attacking thwm!!"and they did;the police did NOTHING,they did not do their jobs.so the liberals and right wing protesters were battling on the street, no law and order.(I don't know where the film is,it was local.)it was live on local t.v.So the police decided to "stand firm"and laugh at it. <br> <br> We got thugs in this town,so far they are brownshirts very hate filled liberals.They are getting like Nazis here.--so ectremist and hate--filled!!!You can't even talk to them,they get violent.that's what i see,here, too,but those police"standing down" not helping,that's disgusting.Marchers have a right not o be attacked physically.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 It may be going both ways sometimes.--rage coming out. <br> <br> Do you understand that right wing,work class, middle class, they;'re taxed to death to support a huge bloated govt and the cost is breaking work class and low income tax payers? <br> <br> I know a lot of them--they no longer trust democrats and liberals OR THE FED GOVT. --and especially not our crooked politicians. <br> <br> Our politicians are corrupt,thieves,.anti-taxpayer rights.Middle America is paying for that big corrupt govt, and they hate it now.--anti-politician,anti-govt, is really riled up.Poor work people are broke,watching legislators in Armani suits.--how do you think all the "peasants"feel. watching the "royalty, in power,rich and corrupt on their taxes?taking huge bribes from foreign nations?--screwing with the laws against Americans ,cause big corporations bribed and made Obama wealthy,in his "millionaire new mansion". <br> <br> I predict, that Middle America may really turn right, cause liberal democrats just tax them.ignore them,steal their money,and the bribers,and lie like Hell.Tax payers aren't stupid--but they are angry as Hell.I see a lot of it.--frustrated,broke,overwhelmed by "political correctness,"and sick of hearing "yer a racist!!"all the time.I think we may have some kind of "civil war"or unrest.(you're workin for Nader?he's a good guy.What happened to him,.he should be leading the republican party,they need him.He needs a big group to endorse him,finance him.--any group, so he gets elected,he was always a great guy.He'd be good in office.)

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@Melted~Dreams Just because someone is for Trump it doesn't mean they are blind. What I seem to see from you a lot, is a lot of name calling, bullying, putting down. Everyone has an opinion. People aren't blindly for Trump. Or think he does no wrong. But you are only making yourself look like an immature bully by constantly putting people down. Why do you find that is the intelligent way to debate. You loose all power by communicating the way you do.

+3

God

@Cray Spot the...Racist... <br>

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka๐Ÿบ that['s horrible.--what a terrible person.Palestinian terrorists assainated one Israeli leader.I have no pity for the Arabs they always hate and kill.--their whole nature is "war,war,war!!"Arab countries routinely war against each other.they won't stop.Globalization was a huge failure.Mixing peoples and cultures that are too foreign from each other,Arabs in France try to wear a "hijab" even though religion in public is banned.But I am right about a coming war.--its got all the signs--may be quite far away yet, or not.And it won't be exactly like most WW.Scary, isn't it"?

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

A group of Owls is called a Congress... makes NO sense...does it? LOL! I'm an OLD Golden Earing fan. 'Where am I to go now that I've gone too far?"

+1

Hide 1 reply...

God
Report comment
(5y)

smiley smiley smiley

+3

Hide 2 replies...

God

Just been reading some of these post back, it's like @Crays law smiley or no law. smiley <br> <br> Down vote if you or a?

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka๐Ÿบ It's EUNOIA and craymoss both. All the time whining and complaininmg. LolaBelle made a bunch of false sttaements against me, and the entire crew of Gilligan's Island jumped down my throat. It just mushroomed from there. It's not MY fault, but I' catching the blame. I don't think I've ever said a bad word about either one of them. To their FACES , yes, but not about them.

@bondojoe It's to do with backstabbing smiley one day people speak to you okay the next they have some type of attitude towards you. <br> They is just to many FUCKING haters.

+2

Report comment
(5y)
+2

master

Don't include me in the backstabbing, that's a whole different thing ...... the one with the "word games"... yep

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ I know. What I don't know is why anyone is listening to her! LOL!

+1

@bondojoe The Truth Is Out There. <br> www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVzdoHNc...

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka๐Ÿบ Yeah.. it's BEEN like the xfiles around here...!

+3

@bondojoe Night & hope things work out for you. Myself? I give up on the crap here tonight and the immature idiots ... lol

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ Goodnight! I hope you have nice dreams! CU tomorrow!

+2

master

So PV you down voting me? Very childish....

+3

master

Guess the silence I got on this is my answer eh? Whatever smiley smiley

+3

Hide 11 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ Maybe he didn't see the post. I can't imagine vodka voting you down!

+3

@bondojoe Sadly, I can, was a totally different, unrelated thing... and yeah he watches what's being said all the time....

+4

@bondojoe And I like you too :) Can't win em all I guess lol

+3

@bondojoe Crybaby, insults me and accuses me of crap, but that's okay apparently.... lol

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ Well, I can't defend him forever. Let's tar,and feather him! LOL! If I lived close to you, we'd turn that computer off and go have a beer, and forget about this nonsense. Life is more important than a bunch of people being mean just because they can. I hope you don't let it bother you!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@๐“œ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ*๐Ÿญ yea I don't think he saw your post or would downvote you.

+5

@sunshinedaydreams Thank you. smiley smiley

+2

master

Sounds good... where is that tar, I'm soo ready ... not a violent person though, so I guess it's better to call it a day... But I'd still take you up on that beer, least beer is sorta healing in it's own weird way smiley smiley smiley

+4

Hide 1 reply...

God
Report comment
(5y)

smiley

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

I love that old woody. I love them ALL! I've had a few exotic cars. I had a LOT of cars that are considered classics now. I was too young and dumb to keep them. I had an old Packard. Believe it or not, in the Chicago area, they were once used as taxi-cabs. My favorite was a 58 Thundedrbird.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

I LOVE the sound of that 32 coupe!

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

"Little Deuce Coupe" ...I LOVE it!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

Freedom? What is that? Is it edible? <br> <br> I often hear people shout "fight for freedom!!" when they go to steal rights and independence away from others. When boiling hatred and resentment compel people to seek vengeance upon civilian communities for transgressions of a long lost past, they also do so in the name of "freedom". It seems then that this "freedom" you speak of is a vile and sinister thing that destroys lives but, I do not know if that is it's intended purpose or meaning. <br> <br> I will be sure to let you know what this elusive "freedom" thing means to me the moment I discover it...

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@EmperorDragon Tis elusive. You speak the truth!

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Does anyone have any spare downvotes they can lend me? as I'm now running pretty low on them right now. <br> <br> Thanks in advance.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,737 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series