This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,721 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

How Does One Become A Knight? (1218 views, 21 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(6y)

What does it really mean to become a knight? <br> <br> Do you get a sword and a squire to boss around? <br> <br> Inquiring minds want to know, so we did a bit of research. <br> <br> Here are the answers to some of your most pressing knighthood-related questions. <br> <br> <br> mentalfloss.com/article/21056/how... <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br>

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Melted~Dreams You must firs get through the day, to be night. lol

guru
Report comment
(6y)

One way is to be a member of Equity for long enough

+1

Hide 15 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted Yeah, I think it kinda lost a lot of its Intellectual integrity and value so to speak when they went straight civilian with allot of the ceremonies. Don't get me wrong, allof of these people have done incredible things and deserve HUGE recognition. But this used to be reserved for the elite of the elite that showed true heroism in times of great war. And the very few civilians that had the cojones to step up in time of need without being asked as well. So to find them giving some of these people 'knighthood'? it loses value some if you look at the history of knights along its ranks to today's knights... Seems like everyone's uncle wants to be and almost gets to be, knighted. Hence the Monty Python Parody i did. <br> <br> <br> "David Bowie supposedly twice declined offers to join, including an offer of knighthood in 2003, because he felt the whole business was a waste of time." smiley smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@Melted~Dreams Shows he had some integrity and wasn't sucked in by the pantomime ( Keith Richard also told 'em to shove it ~ Good Man! ) :D

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted I don't think I could see Keith Richards getting on one knee for the queen to get knighted. Even if it was on one special 'ceremonial kneeling stool'. & super padded looking at that!!

Report comment
(6y)

@Melted~Dreams Yeah he'd probably put his head on it... mind you if he ever did accept I want an invite to that nights Knights Shindig. <br> <br> Seriously though, when living in Epsom a while back I got in touch with the MP and pointed out that in view of all the brown nosed luvvies who were getting honoured wouldn't it be justice if Dave Gilmour CBE was offered the full monty for his work for charity and the British music industry. He agreed, but I guess he's too busy with Brexit to be following it up right now ~ well either that or ( I won't mention his name ) is a bigger prick than I thought he was.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Melted~Dreams "But this used to be reserved for the elite of the elite that showed true heroism in times of great war." <br> <br> That's not entirely true and knights weren't all that honourable. In reality many of them were cowardly, rapey, child killers. It doesn't take great courage for a man in full body armour to ride down a peasant armed with a pitchfork and armoured in, at best, leather.

Report comment
(6y)

@Mykee83 better watch it guy ... people don't like the truth around here .. they live in an enchanted world where snowflakes never melt.

Report comment
(6y)

@captainhowdey you meltdown fairly regularly from what I've seen. Would you like us to create a safe space for you? Somewhere the big, bad Liberals and lefties can't hurt your feelings?

Report comment
(6y)

@Mykee83 I agree with you and you insult me .. are you a f**king retard? Whatever ... my point still stands.

Report comment
(6y)

@captainhowdey No, you weren't agreeing with me, you were starting your sh*te whilst trying to drag me into whatever problem it is you're having with others on the site and I insulted you because you're a whiny bawbag (Scottish word for scrotum), it's quite simple really.

Report comment
(6y)

@Mykee83 What ever b**ch, I was talking about your down votes to a perfectly true comment and upvoted you to try and even the score ..I don't have ANY problems with anyone on this site, I have had discussions with Cray before, but I respect him to a point. On the other hand you, you're a c**t that I'll happily have a problem with. You're just lucky you don't live in Illinois and have an entire ocean as a buffer. Oh yeah .. Dr. evil told me to be polite, so do try to have a pleasant f**k off.

Report comment
(6y)

@captainhowdey Oh look, an internet hardman, never seen one of those before. <br> <br> It's always hilarious when fat nerds try to play the tough guy but come up with excuses for why they can't carry out their idle threats in the process. You got wrekt here snowflake so time for you to piss off and melt.

Report comment
(6y)

@Mykee83 Check your pm ... the forums are not a place for this kind of conversation.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted ya, buy a house with a 15 year mortgage

Report comment
(6y)

@ScottMinks333 Been there ( well 25 years ), done that, don't get the point you are trying to make <br> <br> Might I ask ~ as an Anglo/Norman Irishman ( look it up ) ~ why you use the word "scot" in your moniker? A set of clubs doesn't make you part of the Gael laddie.

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted It's his name...

guru
Report comment
(6y)

Apologies to all... I'll be 63 at 5am ~ ish tomorrow morn ... <br> I've got three swords and six guitars and one girlfriend... seriously it can't... can it? <br> :) <br> I'm happy and flaming!

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted Happy Birthday. smiley smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Cheers fella :) Not sure I want another one like that though... party lasted four days, and it took three to sober up afterwards :D

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

@Mykee83 <br> @captainhowdey <br> <br> Well, that's certainly not a way fr becoming a knight.. smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,721 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series