This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,707 reviews
122,388 films • 18,477 TV series

Hypothetically hiding your IP adress,from a site.??? (1286 views, 30 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(5y)

Hi, if i were hypothetically, trying to get on a site and hide my IP IDENTIFICATION,FROM SAID SITE,
(on logging in)hypothetically, how would i do that?Is necessary to register,and log in,which means I must hide or change my ip adress(hypotheticall)in the most simple uncomplex way.

All I have done so far,is to mess up the element,inspector, (hypothetically) and make the sites address vanish!!hah hah.You know i am not a techie!!

I am not trying to do anything evil or bad,OR STEAL,just go in there,hypothewtically,cause I am trying to learn how to do it.My tech powers need improving, i'm trying to do some of the standard tech stuff, like hypothetically hide my IP ADDRESS, WHILE I REGISTER,AND THEN LOG IN. HAVING A VPN DOES NOT WORK,because the vpn cannot log in,register,or do any actions on the site.

I tried to use online advice to do it, it did not work,it only made the website disappear to my browser.(???)-and now my browser cannot find it.--right on the site.this hypothetical tech trick is supposed to be simple; its noT, img.dosmovies.com/forum_images/cl... [/img]
Read more

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Try TOR browser. Or vpn, proxies.

P.S. We don't care about your ip address. Just using it to prevent spam activities.

+5

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Haha TOR is used primarily for the Dark Web. :O

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil yES,thanks Dr, Evil that sounds good,i heard about Tor.(Has anyone used or liked "Tunnel Bear"?are they still active?)It looks like hiding online aint that easy after all--no wonder they can spot cyber-thief activity so easily.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

To be fair if ur within audio range of a smart phone they got you anyway.
Skynet will rise . Our new god will be named Siri

+2

Hide 1 reply...

master
Report comment
(5y)

You can always reboot your modem and get a new ip assigned. I do that every once in a while just because.

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@BrunoAxemaker Hey, thank you,Bruno, that sounds good.Do i go to the comcast,and ask them to do it?sounbds more practical/

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 There should be a tiny hole on the back of the modem. Find something to fit inside and give it a slight push. You'll feel it give and your internet will cut off an restart after a few seconds. Every time your internet restarts you're given a new ip.

A paper clip works if you don't have a key for it.

Report comment
(5y)

@BrunoAxemaker Sometimes. Othertimes it simply gives you the same IP address. I've had issues with getting the same IP for months at a time even after rebooting my modem. It's not as much of an issue with a VPN now. I think it has to do with Windows and it's "Preferred IP" setting.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Smart Phone. Ye that is right. the tracking is built into the main CPU.
IP addresses are assigned by your ISP. All ISPs are monitored. So even using VPNs to get around the locals, Like I do to get this site after the Fed Australian Gov had all ISPs block it. Doesn't mean for a nano second you can't be tracked.
If you have a camera, microphone or phone you can be listened to and watched. No exceptions!
Big Brother is global.

If you think it's just a Western Nation thing!
How many things do you have that say
"Made In China"
We are all monitored all the time. But it is by a computers linked to every exchange that only looks at certain 'flags'. I was made aware of the UK one in the 80's.

vintechnology.com/2011/05/04/top...

I still think it's London. So many not reported and then there are the 'Secret Squirrels'
Never to be asked about.

Simply put.. Do Not do things your mum would disown you for. Especially on the internet.
Read more

+2

Hide 12 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 That's true (the first sentence), however, you can still thwart it with a VPN, and there are many free ones that work well. You have to really know how to track a VPN and be very Internet and hacker savvy to track someone using a variable VPN. It's just not that easy. Chances are, the government(s) don't/doesn't care about 99% of the population enough to spend that kind of time.

I believe iPhone doesn't allow tracking, or didn't? My computer guy is a friend of the family and works for a local TD and they've all got iPhones for that reason (or something like it, I may have misunderstood).

Report comment
(5y)

@ Yup lass. 99.9% of internet usage is of no interest to governments.
Rotating connections is old hat. End of WW2. Then 'Push/Pull' each end has a cypher rotating.
Fascinating stuff for the really bored.
Most browsers have "Do Not track me" options.
I'm more than happy I can block 99.9% of adds and pop ups.
I also call mobile phones "pocket microwaves". No need to bypass safeties on your oven. Just stick one in your pocket.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 The mini VPN's on browsers are easier to track, though. I love the mini VPN on Opera mainly for the reasons you wrote. I hate, hate, hate adverts that are "aimed" at me because of tracking. But for any other purpose, a mini VPN doesn't work (such as to set up multiple accounts at one site, which I would never bother with anyways).

Report comment
(5y)

@ ok, i'll try Opera again,didn't know they had a little VPN.THANKS!!

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Yep, it's a mini one, but it's quite effective for what Egor has outlined in his comment.

I'd go to the settings and double check that it is activated once you download and install it to make sure it's switched on.

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 No, I don't do horrible stuff online.I once was in a local argument online,and we were cursing,mine ,cursing,got out of hand,and the website called the FBI on me.two big guys called on me,and asked me questions;I said,"I apologize,i got inflammatory,didn't mean anything!"_so they understood,let me of.Now I watch my tongue.--

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 What??? The FBI called on you for cursing?

That's absurd. Lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ I know, the local website over paranoided,and I always thought it was over-kill.--Cuz,how many online arguments end up in literal violence?--not many.HAH HAH!!"vICIOUS OLD LADY HACKS GOVT. WEBSITE!!"HAH HAH.-NO WAY!! WELL, THANK YOU, EVERYONE, THAT'S VERY HELPFUL. smiley smiley smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 I know. They can still track you. It's just a solution to changing ips. I'm not trying to help anyone avoid crimes. I doubt that's the issue here.

If I knew how to hide from everyone and make you invisible to tracking I wouldn't post it here. That'd be pretty stupid.

Report comment
(5y)

@BrunoAxemaker Live off the grid, that's how.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,707 reviews • 122,388 films • 18,477 TV series