This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,720 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

List Your Favorite Song From Movie or TV Show! (1055 views, 21 replies)

This topic has been closed.

Report comment
(5y)

Okay I know you might think this is a bit weird but how many of you can honestly admit to repeating a clip several times just to hear the lyrics from a song just to type the lyrics in a web search to find it and download it. Even though you don't know the band or singer. And get pulled in by that one song.

Here is what I want you to do I want you to tell me a song you found and where you found it. Example last night I watched "The Passage - Season 1 Episode 5 and at the beginning there is a few lyrics and just them few pulled me in hard. I fell in love with the song called "The love we're hoping for - Jake Bugg". Great song for a great episode.

Tell me about what you have found as well it can be from a movie, Tv show or even a trailer. Plus I also like almost every songs from So Weird just a little heads up.

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright (Caddyshack)
Otis Day and the Knights - Shout (Animal House)
Stealers Wheel - Stuck in the middle with you (Reservoir Dogs)
Night Ranger - Sister Christian (Boogie Nights)

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@mackone stuck in the middle is great!!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@mackone Wow, 1st song that came to mind, even before reading your post was George Bakers' - Little Green Bag, the song that's playin as they're walkin outta the diner in Reservoir Dogs.

Report comment
(5y)

I have not seen caddyshack in ages its been awhile.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@dawndawn I saw Caddyshack not too long ago,Bill Murray was so crazy-funny-and I love Rodney Dangerfield,heh heh.--its kind of a "standard comedy classic"just so tacky,crass,low-down,satire. Golfers!!Golfers always have money!!hah--good subject to satirize.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I somehow always get assigned the song "Somewhere over the Rainbow"by Judy Garland.It probably was her best song ever.It was sung with such LONGING in the movie,as if Judy really did wish she were somewhere else better!!My dad looked at her eyes,and said"She is on some drug,"turned out he was right.But not just the song is beautiful,but Judy's version is SO SAD.Its so sad,I don't like watching "The Wizard of Oz".Judy Garland's Dorothy is SAD,SAD,and forlorn.In the BOOK,the Wizard of Oz,Dorothy is not so SAD all the time,She's resourceful,treated very well by the natives,& wants to go home.(I have almost all of the Oz books,its a childhood goal.)Yeah, that song just breaks my heart,still, sung by Judy Garland.

The 2nd song is one that doesn't get sung or played except in the movie"Dr. Doolittle"."Here I stand in the Crossroads of Life."--sung by the actress who was in "The Collector "very awful movie.(memory!)But in this song, the young lady in the picture does not know what she wants to do in life;should she travel?Do what?What choices are there?Its quite a beautiful wistful song--no one ever sings this song any where else.its hard to sing.--lots of high-notes parts.But i love this song!!Almost no other movies have the female sing about her life!--in such a strong way!!Dr. Doolittle;s era women wore hoop skirts,ect,This song could be sung by any questioning young woman in this era.I'm always disappointed its never sung else where.
Read more

Report comment
(5y)

I also like the song from fly away home - 10000 miles - Mary Chapin Carpenter beautiful song.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I'd never heard Annie Lennoxs' version of Neil Youngs'- "Don't Let it Bring You Down" until I heard it in American Beauty. It seemed perfectly hauntingly appropriate for the scene and I instantly fell in love w/her rendition of the song.

Report comment
(5y)

That's the thing I like about watching TV shows and Movies its not only good to watch you can also find new music as well. For example I also like music from movie trailers as well. I even really enjoy some music for anime Dragon Ball Z movies as well for like dragon ball z lord slug movie and also the original dragon ball z broly movie as well. There are some really good songs on there.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

When it comes to Tv shows I'm out, haddn watched Tv in about 20yrs now. I do LOVE to DL moovies though and try to watch one every day or so. Haven't ever gotten into animated except stuff like Aqua Teens, Full Metal Alchemist and few more of that ilk so unless one of Dr Evils wacky guitar riffs count, there's not much there for me to relate lol.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@mrkim56 well often not much to watch on cable tv except SOUTH PARK,FAMILY GUY,RICK & MORTY,SPONGEBOB(YES,i need humor to survive!)EVEN "duck tales" on Disney,CUZ uNCLE Scrooge McDuck was in comic books,yrs ago,and now its animated on tv!Comic books we read,are now on tv!!BATMAN--was our old comic books.Even "Riverdale" was comic books!"aRCHIE and the gang".REAL HUMANS on Turner Classic Movies.hah hah--we did watch wrestling yrs ago, but it looked "somewhat less fake"and we even got tickets to the local tv wrestling.(it looked even more fake.)

I dote on cartoons now cause I need a good sense of humour.It literally makes you healthier!!--and so much is DEPRESSING,I even watched Harold LyoLd (spelling)from silent comedies!!very funny!!Ask me the Spiderman theme song!!hah hah.(great CARTOON.)YES, much good music is from movies--sometimes the music makes the movie!Mozart.lAWRENCE OF ARABIA.--ECT.I'm glad younger folk have good cartoons now.--yes,music is pretty important--(used to have all the Beatles.)

Report comment
(5y)

When I got of the school bus it was sailor moon and then dragon ball z and then my mom would watch walker Texas ranger and then if it was Monday there was always wrestling on in my house. I also like some theme songs from wrestlers well some of the older songs anyways. It has been years since I watched wrestling though.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Showin my age but when I got home from school it was Gilligans Island, I Love Lucy and such. Cable haddn even caught on here at that time so there were only like 6 channels, ABC, CBS, NBC and 3 local stations :>)

I used to despise Tv on saturdee nights as a kid 'cause that meant the only thing my Dad would have on was all country music shows and of course The Grand Ol Opry. Never liked country music, but my Mom was a rocker, so I much preferred her stuff:>)

Then after that went off we'd get live wrestling from The Sportatorium here in Dallas and lastly Roller Derby before the stations would all shut down till 6am.

Report comment
(5y)

My mother and older sister both loved I love Lucy and my uncle and cousin lonnie JR both love married with children and 3s company and shows like that. My Mother also liked green acres. I much prefer Japanese Anime I think it was mostly because my family didn't understand it. But there was a few TV shows I liked such as buffy the vampire slayer and angel as well as smallville and a few others like charmed. There was always really good music on shows like that plus So Weird was my and my older sisters favorite.

There is one episode from walker Texas ranger I can recall perfectly it was with lila mccann and she sung her song Down Come A Black Bird. One of my favorite episodes was with her singing that song. There are so many TV shows that I have watched but I still prefer the anime above all.

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@dawndawn (All the theme songs from t.v. westerns i cannot forget them!!"Have Gun Will Travel","Raw Hide""Gunsmoke" "Wagon Train",tsk tsk!!)stuck in westerns still.)

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I never really watched much for westerns but boy did I love me some Clint Eastwood still do but have not seen his newest movie yet. I liked the movies plus the westerns.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

The conversation in this thread lead me to re-watch Eddie and The Cruisers last night, which has lots of great music in it. My fave is a tune called "On the Dark Side", followed closely by "Warm Summer Nights". John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band did some great music for the soundtrack of this flick.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

I prefer part 2 over 1 I don't know I just find it more interesting with more music in it. Now days there are so many movies and TV shows with music in them but there more more teen or child versions less rock and less adult. I do like musical movies or movies based on music like Eddie and the cruisers and grease part 2 and a few other movies but I like the newer ones more for the music less for the movies.

Report comment
(5y)

One of my favorite shows of all time!!

I knew this song before I ever
saw this show, but anyways here is a song from S1E2

God
Report comment
(5y)

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,720 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series