This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,379 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Adding links, questions from a novice. (1199 views, 29 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru

Hello,

I have been watching a series and for one episode there were no links.
So I found some on another site and added them.
However, I read the rules and it says to include type ie Webrip etc in the title. I can't do this because I can't change the URL, but obviously I don't want to break rules.
I thought perhaps since the 'add links' box is only for links that I might be able to edit and add the other info once they were on there, but no, unless I am missing something?
Is it ok to add them without this ?
I did check that they worked before adding.

Also is it actually ok to add links to someone else's upload? As if it was me that uploaded them in the first place I would be able to include the relevant info in the URL.

+1

admin
Report comment
(5y)

You didn't break rules. Yes it's ok to add any links that work.

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@Dr.Evil Fab, thanks Dr E.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Hello How about a link that has a filename from another site? Ex.: <br> <br> Forbrydelsen S02E08 HC Eng Subs watchseries-online ch <br> <br> NOTE this link has the correct subtitles and the others don't. <br> <br> THX

Hide 1 reply...

@GatorMcKlusky Surely if the URL contains another movie site name that's an embedded link ? I don't think those are allowed as it's actually going to take you to their website, not the movie link directly.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

link = vidzi.si/lr9d0boqtg66.html <br> filename = Forbrydelsen S02E08 HC Eng Subs watchseries-online ch <br> <br> as you've stated filename cannot be changed

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@GatorMcKlusky No, I don't think that is allowed since another movie/tvshow's website name is mentioned in there.

Report comment
(5y)

@Athb007 Thanks for your reply. I modified the filenammes and uploaded and posted. Hope they're OK.

senior guru

Actually that's another thing I meant to ask. <br> Is there a way to pull the direct link from an embedded file ?

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I think his might help. <br> <br> www.youtube.com/watch?v=waE3J0Je... <br> <br> I didn't see the whole video.

+1

@Athb007 That's great, thanks. Will try that next time it happens.

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Just follow it till he shows you how to get the URL.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Athb007 I've tried this without much success, often the source code points to a redirecting url and doesn't show the streaming url. There are several sites out there that will capture the streaming url for you. For example: offliberty <br> video-download.co/ <br> 9xbuddy.com/ <br> <br> These work for me.

Report comment
(5y)

@GatorMcKlusky The easy way is use Firefox, click the developer tools, then click the network tab, run the site with embed video, at the network tab, look for the media type and copy the link.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@GatorMcKlusky Anything that floats your boat. smiley <br> People use various techniques. I don't have much on this because I upload manually.

senior guru

Thanks all, very helpful. <br> One last thing - re links on the site that don't work. <br> <br> I get that other users can see downvotes, so they are helpful that way, but does reporting as well mean it will get removed and if so should I also do that?

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Reporting it will send a message to the owner of that link (The person who added that link). Then it's up to him if has the time to delete the link. <br> <br> Alternatively you can downvote it or maybe send me the link and I'll inspect it and then remove it. <br>

@Athb007 Ah ok. I guess if they are (and is usually the case) older links I will see if the owner is recently active, and if not I will send them to you. It is frustrating when you have to go through 4 or 5 that don't work, so if I can save that bother for someone else I will. Thanks again.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Long time watcher, first time commenter... <br> JK. So I was just wondering if there is a way to report comments that post spoilers without mentioning beforehand that they are posting spoilers. <br> Was about to post a comment for Cloverfiled Paradox and saw somebody's comment that proceeded to rant about the things they didn't like about said movie but in the process post spoilers about 4 or 5 different scenes. <br> Is there a report option for these types of situations? Or do the mods somehow know to get to those?

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Kardue You can help us by going to their profile and click the Report button and add the info in the box. Easier to find the Comment later on.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Melted~Dreams Thanks. I'll do that next time.

Report comment
(5y)

@Kardue There's a report spam comment (!) button.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Wasn't sure if it qualified as "spam" though.

expert
Report comment
(5y)

Do not really like the system of habing to have points to add links. Have been searching over all the web for a 720p version of kiss tomorrow goodbye 1950's movie with james cagney. Finally found one, and wanted to share my joy. Seems like you have to have points to add links... Too bad for all those other people out there, that just have to watch the 360p version...

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@sergev01 Ask moderators to add the link.

Report comment
(5y)

@sergev01 Earn some points by leaving good comments on films and TV-Shows (which is helpful for other members) and then you can add links. smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@sergev01 Yes that's our link spam prevention. Our filter. Believe me it's easier than approving uploaders manually.

expert
Report comment
(5y)

Yeah I know how you want it. If it is the latest hollywood blockbuster, I can understand, because otherwise you would have 100 links of the same sh*tty cam rip. But for older movies, there are not many people who even care to watch them, let alone upload them, and post them on a forum. Turns out, for that forum you would have to talk a lot before you can even add links. So my Idea would be that the limitation would not be there for movies before 2000 - 1990 something like that. <br> And for asking moderators to add the links, I asked two moderators, no links online, while being better quality than what was available, submitted reviews that not went online, etc, etc. I think I'll just stick to leeching this site, instead of contributing. Your welcome...

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@sergev01 If you can't earn 100 points here how can you even talk about contribution? :) A couple of good comments and you are done. It's so easy.

Report comment
(5y)

@sergev01 Reviews will be processed soon. Don't worry. Copied reviews won't be approved.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,379 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series