This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,720 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

A Number Of Suggestions..... (1365 views, 26 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(6y)

Hey guys, I just wanna give a few suggestions on making the site a bit better. It's always great to see a forum based site / community, where everyone works to make the experience better for those who arrive. These are just some suggestions, and do feel free to shoot me down;

1) Have a cooling off period before you're able to post a new link / movie after joining the site. Doesn't have to be a massive amount of time, maybe just 5-7 days. It would help to get people down with the community first.

2) Alter the auto read for links, so that the poster can say if it's an HDRip, BRRip etc. Not all sites come up validly, so it seems like a decent option to allow the poster to say what quality is being posted, especially if rule number one is in force.

3) Currently the links open in a new window. My preference would be allow the viewer then to vote (out of ten) on bot video and audio quality to let other viewers know if the link is good. this could also replace the current system of purely giving a 'thumb's up'. It would also stop random people from voting the link without clicking on it first.
Read more

+2

admin
Report comment
(6y)

Now tell me how did you get your first 100 points? No comments, no posts. Uh?

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Haha, That is true, I submitted movies that weren't on site.

+1

admin
Report comment
(6y)

1. It's ok now. <br> 2. No, sites must have a correct title. <br> 3. Don't understand you, sorry. <br> 4. Simply no, you can delete your old link and add a new one. <br> 5. We still moderate all links. <br> 6. Standard? Where? :) <br> 7. No. People like current design.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil In response to number 6, I think on sites which involve signuup there is normally a one link per host rule. I may be wrong but that is what I've seen in the past. :)

+1

admin
Report comment
(6y)

Anyway thanks for your ideas. Let's wait for votes.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil i vote leave the site as it is ! <br> its got and does everything a user needs 💁 PERFECT IN EVERYWAY <br>

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

nr6 is bad bad because linkers are sick and tired of limitations. this place is more free and its a good thing <br>

expert
Report comment
(6y)

May I add another suggestion, please? <br> Could the language of the film be listed, please? <br> If there isn't enough room, maybe it could be in place of "Views" or "IMDb:" - where it gives a certain amount of points out of 10. (We can see that when we click on the IMDB button.) <br> <br> Often a movie has an english title but it ain't in english. smiley smiley <br> <br> Thank you kindly, in advance. smiley

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@willkilpatrick when you hover your mouse pointer to the links it will display the link title, the rule is clear that linkers must put the language for the movie if it is not in english, but i guess either some of them just "forgot" or just "lazy" :)

+3

expert
Report comment
(6y)

Another suggestion I have is; <br> <br> when we add links, could we have the option of including the Quality of the file, please? Whenever I add a link, it just gives me a box where I can add the link. <br> <br> Thank you kindly, in advance. smiley

+1

Hide 11 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@willkilpatrick I think you should first read our instructions and then post your suggestions. :)

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil I did. ;)

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@willkilpatrick Quality information should be placed into the link title.

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil I tried that but the only thing that shows is the link - not the title, quality, etc. (I'm talking about when we add links to an already uploaded movie/tv show.)

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Someone must have put it there because when I added the link, the quality showed as n/a. :-))

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@willkilpatrick You really don't read our instructions. <br> <br> The name should be in the title of the page. Some video hosting ignore this rule and set empty or wrong titles. Our robot will update link's quality in a few minutes after the addition.

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil I really do read the instructions. Maybe the instructions have changed since I read them but when I read them, there was no mention of a robot updating the link's quality. If there had been, I wouldn't have made the suggestion. :-)) Now I'm going to bed. :-))

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil I wouldn't change a thing, I love this site and Dr. Evil.....You Rock

Report comment
(6y)

@Teeny💋 We rock. ;) Our community helping a lot 24/7.

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Awwwwwww you are too sweet. I love our community and all my wonderful friends I've met on here.

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

This is a great site, it's very easy to use (all you have to do is read). There are answers to pretty much any, if not, all questions regarding links, site content, uploading ect. ect. It's always being improved and updated. Lets not forget, it's free. smiley

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@Amiee And because it's great, I want to contribute when I think it can be even greater. <br> (Taking an active part in improving and "updating".) <br> <br> Offering suggestions doesn't mean we don't read instructions, etc. It's because we've read and we know what's in place that we can go from there and improve what already exists. <br> <br> Offering suggestions is different from asking questions. :) <br> <br> Offering ways to improve doesn't mean we're criticizing or don't appreciate. :)

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@willkilpatrick I didn't say anything to the contrary. Like you, I simply offered my thoughts regarding this site. No need to justify anything to me. Enjoy!

Report comment
(6y)

@Amiee Same here. :)

master
Report comment
(6y)

I watch and occasionally upload a link or two. I'm good with the way the site is. I love it here. I visit every day.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,720 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series