This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,735 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

I keep getting a screen with a picture from Futurama and a captcha... (1203 views, 23 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru

... telling me it thinks I am doing suspicious activity.

Obviously I'm not, and I don't want to get get myself removed from the site.
What I am doing, as I am a migrant from another site, is adding my playlists and series to follow, so I have been doing a lot of searching of movies/shows - sometimes with several windows open on the site at the same time. That's when it started.
Is that what is causing it ???
Anyone know ?

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ log out, clean your cache & cookie, then try to log in again.

+1

@∞Aces∞ Will do, thanks.

Report comment
(6y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I get it too sometimes if I keep jumping page to page.

@Teeny💋 That is what I was doing, seems to be resolved thanks to Aces advice - but I'm glad it's not just me. Thanks.

+4

master
Report comment
(6y)

Okay the futurama robot and capcha nagging about multiple-pages in use, is not helping. PLEASE, Notify web masters this annoyance should be tended to ... set the open tab trigger >20 so humans are unencumbered by acceptable trigger points. Users can easily initiate a dozen windows tagging fav's and watch lists while acclimating from old to new. Easy fix rly. Reset the trigger value. PLEASE, HELP STOP THE ROBOT INSANITY.

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@(⌐■_■) Hi, I followed Acer's advice above (clearing cache) and not had the issue since. I'm also a PW refugee, although I joined this site ages ago, just didn't use it much, had the problem when adding playlists. I guess it's the same for you. Love this site now I am properly using it though. And the mods are really helpful, that was never the case on PW.

master
Report comment
(6y)

If you've not had the issue since, its likely by not triggering the robot with an over abundance of tabs.

Hide 1 reply...

@(⌐■_■) I spose, but I have added two more playlists since by doing so. Hope they fix it anyway.

master
Report comment
(6y)

Robot isn't alerting about adding playlists - it's a trigger that's signaling Excess Simultaneously Launched tab/windows... ordinarily indicating an attack-of-service, understandably. Its current value is simply set too low, imho.. I enjoy this sites features and format regardless of naggy futurama bot. The blackout theme is a godsend. Thx to all behind the curtain who make any of this possible.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@(⌐■_■) How many windows you open because I've opened 20 or so and not got the robot... Its been a long time since I've gotten Bender actually..

master
Report comment
(6y)

Craymoss I'm fairly certain I haven't exceeded 20. That is a crapload of tabs, but I'm opening a zillion shows from updated/recent pages... then sorting the batch to rebuild: sub/fav/watch lists. ((rinse repeat)) Robo likely triggers on newbies and low-use or dormant accts. DOS attacks are no gigglefests, but I thot futurama was plying me with a redirect like the hostile takeover armageddon going on 'out yonder'. I believe I'm gonna hushup and welcome 'ol Bend'r until my account gets old and gnarly, or less sketchy [damn newbies] whatever's first. Meanwhile, I'll go quietly to my corner...

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@(⌐■_■) Doing playlists? Thats why. I usually get it on playlists too. It's the repetitive actions that bring out the Shiny Metal *** protection..

admin
Report comment
(6y)

It's our protection. And not from DDOS.

master
Report comment
(6y)

Good discussion regarding Bender. Others may also tend to wonder and worry... voila.

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

happened to me once 😁

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

Me 'n Bend'r got a thing going on... 'cuz I'm "Strange" [activity detected] Feelin' mighty special, kinda like a schoolyard affair with the shiny-one. Someday we'll have matching tattoo's, and little tin cans rolling about.

+1

Hide 2 replies...

@(⌐■_■) I been seeing him today as well. He's a low down dirty cheating tin can.

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Well that's just hilarious. I figured if you've been seeing him as well you've been adding playlists - so tried to click on your profile for a peek. Nope. Got Bender instead. Haha

master
Report comment
(6y)

Starting to look like Bend'r is the site-slore begging for attn from strange lady clicks? "Never trust anyone wearing aluminum foil" aaack... gotta be true, I read it here.

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

Glad to know it is happening to others. I logged out and back in ,it seems okay now.

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

I've done the in-and-out login - I better double check to be certain - presently is the preferred domain .com or .net? I'm looking at .net in this URL. (also the re-login header msg has not reappeared?) <br>

Moderator notice from Melted~Dre... (6y)

God
Report comment
(5y)

That still pops up sometimes. For me I've only ever gotten the message while in incognito mode.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,735 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series