This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,708 reviews
122,388 films • 18,477 TV series

does anyone know how to hook up your desk top computer to your TV (TV does not have a VGA)? (1181 views, 27 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I was wondering if anybody could help me hook up my computer to my TV .My TV does not have a VGA port and my computer does not have a HDMI port either . My computer only have a VGA port and that's it .

admin
Report comment
(5y)

What ports does your TV have? Only HDMI?

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil yes, it only has that and a cable hook up <br>

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Then buying a new graphic card with HDMI for your PC :) Old PC?

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Thanks for your help .

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I'm going with your idea!

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Also you may try to find some kind of adapter, like VGA to TV.

Report comment
(5y)

Hi... I think you need this <br>

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@EvilSmoker I have that at the house and it did not work.

Report comment
(5y)

the audio is a separate cable because vga has no audio

Report comment
(5y)

hmm...then need a converter... <br>

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@EvilSmoker Ugly... A used GPU is better than this.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

Next time you get a PC be sure get 1 with hdmi (it sends video and audio in high quality in 1 cable)...also if u luv your desktop you can updrade the gfx card ...hdmi plug is in it :)

admin
Report comment
(5y)

The best way is to use hdmi, analogue vga is like from 2000s.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Thanks <br>

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy BE AwARE! when using a pc video out it makes the PC work very hard..gets very hot! trying to adapt an old PC to modern stuff-i've been there!

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@EvilSmoker Thanks for the Info .

master
Report comment
(5y)

Hi,looks like Dr. Evil and Evilsmoker (what names for such helpful guys!)-know what they're doing. <br> <br> <br> What do people here think of dumping Windows to get Linux,or just keep Linux?In view of Windows 10 coming,I need to do something--like go to Apple.--just junk Microsoft completely. Does anyone know, do you have to be a real techie to run an Apple?- <br> <br> -is there any site or experts(or here) I could talk to,about whether to stay on Windows,or split to Apple?Our thread on Windows 10 tells me,I am not enough of a techie to have Ten,and defend myself from it's problems.It would be easier to learn a whole new system <br> <br> <br> I'm not kiddin,I am scared.I depend on my 'puter for practical stuff,I can't get all my files,art,ect,ect(not to mention my Hobby Of Emoticons,)all killed,murdered by Windows 10. <br> <br> Hey,they got Lincoln for the Civil War!All you have to do is,make millions of Windows users watch all their files crash into junk!& their PC crash into more junk!There are a LOT OF USERS who work on their own pcs for a job.IS ANYONE any where else,seriously discussing this?thank you all. ...
Read more

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
CQ
(5y)

@clarachan1355 most of the bugs got fixed on 10. just disable most of the settings (vids on youtube show how) to make sure they're not spying on you.* <br> <br> you can protect your files by emailing them to yourself. only problem is that email providers sell access to your emails for mining/scanning, but it does provide a place to put files making them available anywhere you can access email. <br> <br> Apple's expensive and their Book keyboards suck, yep, even the new ones out this week from what the reviewers say. <br> <br> some ppl swear by Linux for the openwear, but most ppl prefer Windows cuz it's easy to update the hardware and graphical interface AND there's fulltime support if you run into problems. <br> <br> * always figure everyone spys on you and take the necessary steps. this includes smart TVs, cell phones, PCs and laptops. ...
Read more

+1

Report comment
(5y)

The only way I know is getting an HDMI cable. I tried doing it by flashdrive before but I would have to format the flashdrive which will delete all my movies and files from it. So, just stick with what everyone else has said and use an HDMI cable.

expert
Report comment
CQ
(5y)

or you can use your bluray or dvd player as a go-between with cords you prob already have thus saving money until you upgrade your hardware.

master
Report comment
(5y)

Wouldn't a TV tuner box, DVR. or Playstation serve as a go-between with all the right cords and whatnot??

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
CQ
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) all of the above: bluray/dvd, tuner, dvr and/or playstation will work.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Depending on how old it is, you might have the option of miracast, especially if it's just for watching movies/tv on your bigger screen. Your tv generally needs to have a usb port (for power) and an HDMI <br> <br> www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-327... <br> <br> windowsreport.com/check-miracast... (ignore the pc repair tool ads)

Report comment
(5y)

Well. That worked for me. smiley

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Thanks everybody ! for trying to him me with this . smiley smiley smiley

Report comment
(5y)

I had a few problems with my desktop it is a hdmi and my tv is a hdmi but my tv would flicker every time I would close or open a program even a browser. And it was annoying so I got a vga to vga to stop it and the vga to vga had the sound cables attached. The only thing I needed to worry about was the channels. HDMI1,2,3, and then pc. Maybe the cable did not work because it was on the wrong channel or something.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,708 reviews • 122,388 films • 18,477 TV series