This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,656 reviews
122,383 films • 18,475 TV series

i can't watch any movies here,Microsoft captured me. (1711 views, 27 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(5y)

hi, i have tried and tried lately to use smiley malwarebytes(which only refused to let me watch movies here)and I tried to watch old movie,and i got microsoft-spy-capture yelling at me, grabbing my browser--i had to turn off my computer-- smiley

is there some psychotic spy fallowing me around, sabatoging all my movies?it gets so i cannot watch a film here any more.they just XXX-US ALL OUT!!THIS HAPPENED TO ANOTHER SITE, AND THEY LOST ALL THEIR FILM SITES BECAUSE OF "WAR-MALWARE-" HITTING US ALL, INSTEAD OF A MOVIE.is anyone else having thee blocking by microsoft and they seize yer computer???is this site also has microsoft bombs patrollinfg all those sites we try to watch moviees on!!! malwarebytes tells me all the movie sites are trojans, and also connect to the web--i get murdered,stabbed, asnd then disconnected!!-- smiley

I cannot do a damhnj thing here. and i busted my a stupid diet with whole wheat,Tahini and olive oil and splenda-- anyone know how to stop getting massacraed by the Baddies crawling all over our outside of the site?are you sure our movie sites are not all bugged by now,and we cannot get into them??where is Green Lantern when we need him!!
Read more

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 If it happens again:

- don't panic

- press ctrl+alt+delete

- taskmanager

- find your browser process on the list

- end process

- open browser again

Also figure out keyboard shortcut for muting the sound until you end the process.

Going forward: be fast enough to close popups before they connect fully.

I use this as my main browser: www.avast.com/secure-browser

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 My heart goes out to you because I know exactly what you are going through. smiley

Please read what I am about to type here very carefully....

You need help. You need someone who can sit down beside you at your computer and show you what you need and what you have to remove from your operating system.

Is there someone who can come to your home and do this with you, a friend, family member or maybe even a co-worker?

If not, there is still something else you can try....

Go get the bill you receive every month to pay your internet. Somewhere on there there should be a number you can call for Tech Support. It will cost you to use this service. About $30 but, it is worth it. They are able to connect directly to your computer and see what is happening and the whole time they are doing that, they are in contact with you on what is called, live chat, that they connect you to.
Read more

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Hey, michael, thank you for the helpful info.!!

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Also, load an app called Privacy Badger it blocks all nuisance popups. It's free.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Do you have a good virus software installed?

360 Total Security is free and it will keep everything running smoothly and you won't get those notices anymore.

www.360totalsecurity.com/en/

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ Hi, did you read 360 Total Security's privacy agreement? If so, and then you still chose to install the program....you are a very brave person.

My parents don't even know all that personal info about me and 360 shares all of your information with what they term as "third party advertisers" even if the advertisement is not relevant to you.

Everything from your name, address, phone numbers, passwords and it extends to every device you own.

There is no way they need all that personal info just to bloat your devices with advertisements. It sent off all kinds of alarm bells in me. If you didn't read that before you installed it my advise to you, and I mean this with all due respect and good intentions, is to check with your financial and credit institutions to make sure advertisements is as far as they have invaded. I would even go so far as to suggest that you uninstall it and then change your passwords and maybe even your phone numbers.
Read more

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Lol No worries.

The free version doesn't even require you register.

The ip thing doesn't bother me anymore than anything else in the internet ; do you not realise your ip and computer can be tracked just by being on the internet?

They collect data to improve their product, mainly, and for payments for the premium version.

I've just reread their complete outline of what data the collect and why. It's 100% internal for improving the product and can include some 3rd party where the 3rd part (like Bitfender which is part of their 360 components) use data to improve their conjoined produces.

For example, Bitfender collects non personal data by default, but you can uncheck the default selections.

360 has saved me from a lot of disreputable sites, etc.

Since I've been using it, by recommendation of someone I know who is hyper security conscious, my computer has run problem free 100% of the time.
Read more

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ That's good to know. Thank you for explaining all of that to me. To be fair, I quit reading the policy once I got to the part about wanting and sharing so much personal info.

I scare easily. lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 You're quite alright.

We all need to be as careful as we can. :)

In this case, they are a safe company that does only what they need to to improve their product.

Report comment
(5y)

@ yes, i have avast secure browser, and Norton anti-virus with Comcast. --the Norton is pretty good.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 That's good.

You should check out 360 Total Security... it's the latest and certainly the best I've ever tried.

:)

master
Report comment
(5y)

Personally, I believe that's another ad that takes over, not really microsoft.. a malware type of thing..(I'm not computer suave so if I get words wrong, I don't mind getting reminded of the right word, just don't do the bully name calling)..
Getting an ad-block worked to eliminate that stuff for me (whew)
(ask the internet for the 10 best FREE adblock downloads,, there are several good articles with comparisons so you can pick the best for you)

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@WhirledPeas You are correct. It's not Microsoft. It's a scam trying to steal your personal information and maybe even your identity.

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Nothing wrong over here. I run just plain ole' windows 10 home and what ever they have for security protection. NO Norton, Avast, Etc., Etc.! I keep my system updated and clean. I've learned what to click & what not to click. I do use Ad Blocker Plus, that's it. When I needed to get a new hard drive was because original went Kapoot! Programs that were installed with my new copy of windows 10 I deleted all I didn't need. Then cleaned the hard drive. I check what programs has been downloaded every time I download some thing. Something don't look right, it's out of here!! Learn your system and what's in it. That's best advise I can give you. Malwarebytes I some times use to delete hard to get rid of programs. After which I delete Malwarebytes to protect my system. I pretty much run basic programs to keep it simple and easy. Cheer's and hope you figure it out.

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@WEBHEAD🕸️ Ye, simple and easy. Something that doesn't send all your info to a hub ever few seconds. Win 10 does.. To see if you need updated?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@WEBHEAD🕸️ the trick is, you have to make the mistakes to learn what to avoid.. and those mistakes can cause a world of pain.. the adblocker takes that pain away since those ads with malware can't even get through.. cheers..

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

its an ad, a crafty noisy ad, but it is closable 90% of the time, there are a couple of them if you put arrow over your browser in the try at the bottom you can close the hidden window there 1st then deal with the talking. or the 1 your talking about move the close boxes "X" over to another bookmark or same book mark and double click the "X" it should close and click the bookmark behind it before it has a chance to start talking again. ive my laptops screen extended and 1 browser open over on tv and another 1 on laptop screen so if i have to use the task manager then ill only lose 1 browser and nothing else i had open. but yeah it is getting worse, it didnt used to be here, now it everywhere

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I've seen that noisy one a few times. It has nothing to do with microsoft, just a very irritating add. I deal with it by closing the browser. Restart browser. All gone. I use Firefox as a browser. It's easy to set to delete cookies and history on close. I stopped using microsoft stuff years ago because it was so instant on updating way to often. To me it was just shouting "We are so bad at this, we have to fix it every few days."
I've never seen a XXX add on any site. If I want to see XXX stuff I actually have to go to that type of site.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

HI, MYKEE83, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED TO KNOW, THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP.i DO NEED TO LEARN HOW TO HANDLE SOME OF THESE WORSE TRAPS MYSELF--AND ITS NOT REALLY MICROSOFT?UGH FRAUD!!

THAnk YOU EVERYONE--I REALLY appreciate the help. --and good about deleting cookies when you close browser.i feel a lot better, really.i apologize for freaking out.it can be a problem. heh heh. smiley smiley smiley tanks mucho, very good advice, you all .yeah, i can avoid panic. you guys really make sense. smiley !!
smiley

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I feel that EVERYONE can identify with that panic to some degree or other.

You're very welcome (on my behalf, and I'm certain from everyone else as well).

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I use FireFox in Privat mode with adblocker and a pop-up blocker... on top of that I use a VPN, if my Malwarebytes starts to complain I turn it off long enough to do what I need/want

when I am done on firefox I clean my cookies/history and cache

master
Report comment
(5y)

i give up i am not doing this as much as i can avoid it, none of those things you mentioned worked, i tried them--i will stay off here as m,uch as i can,not use it.--its too much, i give up--none of that stuff workked(again)its too much.I have enough pain in the butt without worrying about"why is this site surrounded by bombs??"o, i will try to stay off here and not use it

.they win!!Evil wins, Satan wins as usual, or just "Nature trumps human beings". --nah, soreee its too damn much. crap.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I have no issues ever. I don’t use a VPN and the only movies I am unable to watch are the ones where the links are dead. But I only use iOS devices now. So, if you have an iPad, and you haven’t tried it on here, I just want to say that you might be pleased with the results if you use it instead, and I often hardwire or AirPlay to my mom’s 55” TV screen from my iPhone, too. 😊

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I love a good rage quit. smiley smiley smiley

FWIW, AdblockPlus has sold us out and, no longer works most of the time. Nano is your friend.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@PsychoDeeDee I love a good rage quit'

lol

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Getting a late start in life online and having been friends w/lotsa geeks who make a living at it I initially tried Windows but quickly switched to Linux.

Seemed logical that if I was gonna hafta learn how to best use a system, learning how to use an open source OS that never tries to tell me what I can or can't do was more reasonable.

There's lotsa free OSes out there in Linux and having checked out various different distributions over the years I always come back to Ubuntu and highly recommend it for anyone wanting to shed the Microsoft habit. It's easy to DL, installs easily and fast and comes preloaded w/most all the software you need with literally thousands more free (and safe!)software titles to choose from as well.

In making this choice I get to figuratively run naked through the internet as I don't need to run any AV software at all. I use a password protected router then a firewall program called Gufu (which I monitor daily for any hits to the machine) to keep things safe.
Read more

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,656 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series