This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,742 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

Foreign movies with no subs! (1103 views, 16 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Hey all! <br> <br> I just wanted to know if there is a way that we can stop people uploading foreign movies that have no English language track and / or no English subtitles. I watch a lot of foreign movies (most notably horror of course) and it really riles me when someone posts a movie and it looks half decent, then I can't watch it because they haven't included any subs. <br> <br> Just today, when clicking on movies, most of the Asian movies do not include subs,and also a French one posted today, which also has no subs. It is in the rules that all movies must be in English or include English subtitles, but obviously people aren't reading them. <br> <br> Also,I can report the links,but as the report goes to the uploader, and not an admin, the uploaders just ignore the reports and carry on doing the same thing. <br> <br> Here's an example of some from just the past 12 hours which have been posted totally in foreign: <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_movie/The_Magic_Tuch.... <br> dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Les_Tuche_2__L.... <br> dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Dog_Lay_Aftern.... <br> dosmovies.com/watch_movie/VerfhrerinnenR.... <br> dosmovies.com/watch_movie/My_Wife_Got_Ma.... <br> dosmovies.com/watch_movie/The_End_2017.... <br> <br> That's just on one page. ...
Read more

+3

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Horror⚰️ My wife got married has subtitles, you turn them on by clicking cc next to full screen. If a movie doesn't have subtitles you can download them somewhere and click cc and load them.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Nopey Actually yes that one does, It sideswiped me a little that one, as it said on the CC part that they were Indonesian (but they are actually HC English) - the others don't have them though. It's the job of the uploader to add the subtitles to a foreign movie before they are posted. <br> <br> I'm aware of all the CC stuff as I am a regular uploader myself smiley

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Horror⚰️ There's a report user button. Just use it and add some proofs when submitting the form. And we ban users, you just don't see it. <br> Reporting goes to admins also.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Horror⚰️ Yep, there are a lot of them. It's annoying, even for films like "The Revenant" 2015 which is at least 65% in Pawnee and French. They need HC Subs for any film with non-English parts, not just foreign films. The series, "The Terror" 2018 had huge amounts of Eskimo, with NO HC subs, especially the last episode. It was really frustrating. :(

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Horror⚰️ I have a couple of those movies in my watch section but now I have them all.. lol

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Most sites do not have a "cc" option. I know that for a fact because I find it as annoying as Horror does.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 The CC option shows up only if the uploader has uploaded subs from the disk on some sites. On others it's standard, but HC subs require no necessity of choosing of the CC option. They are Hard Coded onto the upload from a separate file and are a part of the upload rather than a selection.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

It would be nice to see a "Foreign Movies" section that is just for that without having to be concerned about subs or dubs for people who speak the language. There are a lot of members whose mother tongue is not English and would probably appreciate the idea - myself being one ;) and who could contribute. Plus there are just so many amazing foreign films (movies/shows/docs) that go unheard of being foreign and all :D and the ones without subs/dubs that can never be added - that much greatness is such a loss. Just an idea - my feedback. thanks!

+4

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I actually agree with you! Would be good to have a section like that. Would probably be difficult to implement as you'd end up with movies in all sorts of languages, but as a rule, I'd still be all for it!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Horror⚰️ Yaaay! I love the idea and I think it would solve a lot of issues. Just a general foreign section for movies of all sorts of languages, yes. Just need the language in the info of page and voila! Can even be done for tv shows, docs etc.

Report comment
(5y)

@Horror⚰️ and personally I get tired of the racist- offensive comments people leave under "foreign films" that are not in English. It's harsh and extremely rude... can't do that in foreign section :)

Report comment
(5y)

@Horror⚰️ That's why I love it when sites have different Country sections, Russian, Korean, German etc.. and the movies go in them! Too bad this one doesn't have it that's the only thing I miss! :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@manditoe That's exactly what I am trying to say and hopefully someone listens so we can have just that :) a section for foreign films - by country , language or whatever.... would be perfection! Let's get a poll going ;) j.k

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I really hope they add it but in my playsection I made an Asian one for myself but Their are so many more I want to see but it's to find them that's the problem..lol

Report comment
(5y)

@manditoe There is also a lot they don't have on here for foreign films. So most def would benefit.

expert
Report comment
CQ
(5y)

films in other languages help me keep my language skills up-to-date. only use the CC function if it's in an unfamiliar language, e.g., Farsi. <br> <br> (bit hard to accept that this is even a topic. O_o at least a "murican" didn't start it. haha)

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series