This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,645 reviews
122,377 films • 18,475 TV series

What does this mean? (1158 views, 13 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I have had such a rough week. My brain is on overload and my head & body are just aching. Literally speaking, I am in pain from head to toes.

I can't even find that thread I started not too long ago about having streaming problems.

A few days ago I shut down my desktop, the one with the Vista Business on it, the following morning, as hard as I tried, I could not get it to start up again. One of my neighbors was kind enough to give me an old tower of his. I now have Windows XP, hows that for irony? I also had my ISP tech come in and give me an updated router. He said he couldn't believe the one I had still worked because it belonged in a museum.

Tonight, I just wanted to sit back, relax and watch The Walking Dead season preview, but noooooo

Not one streaming link will work for me. Not even the ones I said worked really well for me. Not even the ones I said gave me a hard time. All the sites give me the following message:

No compatible source was found for this media I have downloaded the latest versions of both flash and shockwave players but it didn't change anything. ...
Read more

+1

Hide 11 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 You could start by making sure you have the latest version of whatever browser you are using. In my experience Firefox is the most efficient browser for streaming vids but I don't know how it will perform on XP. <br> <br> Better still try and reformat your Vista OS. You might lose a lot of files, but you will regain a computer ~ <br> <br> Boot the computer. <br> Press F8 and hold until your system boots into Windows Advanced Boot Options. <br> Select Repair Cour Computer. <br> Select a keyboard layout. <br> Click Next. <br> Login as an administrative user. <br> Click OK. <br> At the System Recovery Options window, select Startup Repair.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@gallanted The tower will not turn on on the Vista Business, it is dead. <br> smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 you can't turn on your comp ? when you press power on, nothing happen ? probably your Power Supply Unit is dead, need to replace it.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@∞Aces∞ I can't afford to pay attention right now. Unfortunately, I trusted someone I shouldn't and they cheated me out of all of my savings. <br> <br> I do have the xp desktop computer but at the moment, I can't get it to stream movies.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 That's sad. I'm sorry about that. :(

Report comment
(5y)

@ Thanks. I can tell you this much, it will never happen to me again. Lesson learned.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 What Aces says, either replace the PSU or you could buy a disc case and use your old hard drive as an external plugin... but that doesn't solve your streaming problem. <br> You might try using this workaround, but since both your OS's are effectively obsolete you are fighting a losing battle ~ msfn.org/board/topic/175591-enab...

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@gallanted Hi, the thing is that I was streaming movies just 3 days ago using mozilla firefox browser. Then when that didn't work I downloaded chrome. Chrome won't even allow me access to this site. <br> <br> This is what I get when I try to use chrome and look up this site: <br> <br> This site can’t provide a secure connection <br> <br> two-movies.name uses an unsupported protocol. <br> ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH <br> <br> That's all that happens. It will not take me here

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 This might help with the SSL error :) kinsta.com/knowledgebase/err_ssl... <br>

Report comment
(5y)

@∞Aces∞ Thank you, Aces. I'll have to read it later because I just tried and my mind refuses to absorb the information at the moment. lol

Report comment
(5y)

@gallanted Its the way of the corporations most all the browsers only will work with the current windows and that most likely 8 and up I know you were using vista but if there were any updates now it may not work, but I also agree try to re install or use original software and do a repair. <br>

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

I'm not good enough to be of any assistance, but I hope in writing this to bump your thread and that someone else will see it who can help. <br> <br> I know it's really frustrating. Best of luck.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@ Thanks so much for responding. Have a great day. smiley

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,645 reviews • 122,377 films • 18,475 TV series