Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

Treating Fibromyalgia - What works for you? What doesn't work ? (93 views, 10 replies)

guru
Report comment
(1wk)
If you have Fibromyalgia,and have it under control please contribute .

Specifically ; what is working for you, and what is/has not been working.

I was doing research on effective therapies on behalf of a family member, who after years of suffering chronic fatigue and pain has been diagnosed. The cost of bouncing from one doctor to another, and the list of drugs that didn't work or created more problems is long. I know what it means to wake up with agonizing pain, and it took me over a decade to find a solution that did Not include prescription drugs or opiate based pain relievers. Perhaps it runs in the family. Or, is it common to us because of common environment, and a common diet?

I came across an article in The American Chiropractor named "Treating Fibromyalgia Nutritionally".

theamericanchiropractor.com/trea...

To put it simply, the article explains how deficiencies of essential minerals and naturally occuring compounds plus the accumulation of aluminum will cause deficiencies in the production of ATP in the body.
Read more

contributor
Report comment
(1wk)
There cannot be any rememdy for a "disease" that the vast majority of doctors worlwide dont even think exists.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6d)
(edited)
@Stickmanuk Sure, no disease..no cure needed.
The science is in! Fibromyalgia does not exsist!
The " vast majority " of medical doctors have spoken !

guru
Report comment
(1wk)
(edited)
Treating Fibromyalgia Nutritionally an article as published on the American Chiropractor wesite.

theamericanchiropractor.com/trea...

DISCUSSION FROM DR. DAN MURPHY

Oxygen is required to make adenosine 5’-triphosphate (ATP). Chronic hypoxia results in reduction of ATP. The body will respond by increasing anaerobic glycolysis, resulting in increased pyruvate production and increased lactic acid, both of which increase pain perception. The pain of fibromyalgia is caused, in part, by hypoxia (which is, in itself, painful) and the increase of lactic acid from increased anaerobic glycolysis.

Glucose is also required to make ATP. Therefore, the body will also respond by attempting to increase the genesis of glucose. The body can make glucose for the purpose of producing ATP by assembling it from smaller molecules, especially from amino acids. The process of assembling glucose from smaller molecules is termed gluconeogenesis. To make glucose from amino acids, the body has to break down proteins, a process termed proteolysis, and the best source of protein for this purpose is from the muscles. The pain of fibromyalgia is also caused by the proteolysis of muscle tissue that occurs in order for the required gluconeogenesis to increase ATP synthesis in these patients.
Read more

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(1wk)
@CanyonD I have tried every drug, treatment protocol that I can find. I have done what has been written in above article and nothing has really helped. I do have many other other things on top of fibro though that causes much pain. Has your family member tried a good CBD? As for bouncing dr's they need to find either a very good pain dr or Rheumatologists and stay with them. Best of luck, hard to treat something that as Stick said a lot of many older dr's do not feel is a real disease

+1

Report comment
(1wk)
@Kas101965 Info on CBD.
nootropicsexpert.com/cbd-oil/

"Many report relief from pain caused by fibromyalgia, arthritis, lupus, migraines, and back surgery."

Report comment
(1wk)
@PureVodka🍺 I use it at night more for sleep. Sadly I am always in pain but some respond far better to things then I did

Report comment
(1wk)
@Kas101965 I get the feeling when it comes to CBD for pain, that full spectrum works best, from what little i've read on it anyhow.

Report comment
(1wk)
(edited)
@Kas101965 Maybe look in to this,
examine.com/supplements/arginine...

but should you (or anyone else) consider trying it, make sure you look up possible interactions with other drugs/substances etc before taking it.

Edit: If look at it, make sure you scroll down and click on " Research Breakdown on Arginine " for " all " details on it.

+1

Report comment
(1wk)
@PureVodka🍺 Good info site!

+1

Report comment
(1wk)
@Kas101965 Thanks for sharing.I will reccomend adding CBD to the therapy along with what I take as well. I was checking out Dr. Murphrees store on yourfibrodoctor.com , and his vitamin /mineral/extract mix is almost identical to what I am already taking. With exception to the Curcumin C3, Resveratrol, and the Omega3,6,9. essentialtherastore.com/collecti...

As for me, my issue was chronic inflamation.It could have been Fibromyalgia on top of an ongoing condition.I could never get a good diagnostic. It got to the point were I would have to wake up an hour early just to get feeling back into my legs and arms as I was waking up in agony, and partialy parylized. I gave up on looking for a doctors opinion.
One doctor prescribed me Baclofen. Usually given to patients with Multiple Sclerosis.
I worked great for 3 months. I felt high the first few days, just from being normal without pain again. One pill would last all day. Untill the 1 pill only lasted an hour.Then I would get restless body jerks. I was getting the same reaction with Ibuprofen and Naproxen on top of the ulcer and acid reflux they caused.
Read more

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 341,788 users who love movies and TV shows!