This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,645 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

Chewbacca's Entire Backstory Explained (751 views, 5 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(3y)

Why is his weapon so different from almost everyone else's? Why does he talk like that when he clearly understands different languages? Is Chewbacca his actual given name? We took a deep dive into Star Wars lore to find what makes this Wookiee tick.

Wookiees can be found throughout the galaxy, but they originally hail from the forest planet of planet Kashyyyk. Their trademark fur is known to repel water, which is good, because Kashyyyk has a lot of swampy areas.

Wookies are only physically able to communicate in Shyriiwook, which is that majestic Wookiee sound we all know and love.

But they can understand a variety of languages. And that comes as no surprise, because they have a lot of time to study, since they live a ridiculously long time. In 2018's Solo, Chewbacca says that he's 190 years old. That means in the later films, he'd be in his 230s! As far as Chewie's real name goes, don't worry about it. You'd never be able to pronounce it.

Read more

God
Report comment
(3y)

I swear I will sleep much better tonight now that I know this! JK! Thanks for sharing 💋

+2

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

I remember in one movie the princess complains about something 'smelling like a Wooky'.
Maybe someone could clarify that.

master
Report comment
(3y)

Unstable character that whines a hellva lot... might smell like a wet raccoon too?

guru
Report comment
(3y)

guru
Report comment
(3y)

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,645 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series