This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,742 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

No donations, any other options? Donations for Ukrainian army. (890 views, 28 replies)

admin
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)

Hello!

I see that Bitcoin not the best option for donations or you are thinking that the website is being hosted for free smiley

Maybe USDT is a better option? What do you think?

And would you like to donate for Ukrainian army with detailed reports? I have friends who are fighting in this war and often need things like body armor or new shoes.

If you wanted to donate to the army, then I should roughly understand how many people are ready to do this.

+15

senior master
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)

I give through my United States Income Tax to the Ukraine war efforts and solders. Privately I donate to the following. I invite others to join me. www.samaritanspurse.org/article/...

+10

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1mo)

@Bread&Circuses I have, too. And I have donated to the people and an animal charity. God bless and protect Ukraine.

+3

Report comment
(1wk)

@Bread&Circuses LOL... Except that They are trying to stop that now... so we need to do more

senior master
Report comment
(1mo)

Welcome back Doc!
Members appreciate what you have built and will support it but some don't trust or understand crypto. Could you open an online shop taking credit cards.. something easy?

There are Ukrainian firms selling merch with the profits going to the soldiers families, like Saint Javelin (saintjavelin.com).
We have matching T-shirts with a tractor towing an Orc tank.

And others like Artur Rehi from Estonia collects donations then sends vehicles and drones to Ukraine
He also gives up-to-date news about the war.

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1mo)

@Buttless Hiya, Im with you on this one, it is good to see Doc around, I want to pay towards this site, always have done but crypto scares the sh*te outa me, oh, and I do not know how to do it, as soon as someone comes up with an easier way I will pay my way.

+6

top expert
Report comment
(1mo)

Are u saying u are gonna start using dollars that is so awesome dr.evil I have been wanting to donate for your hard work but was never able to cuz I have no idea how bitcoin works. I would love to donate to the Ukrainian army. I have come to love 🇺🇦 and her people I really want them to beat the sh*t out of the nazis in Moscow. Anyway I will commit to donating to the Ukrainian army on my next payday and maybe even every payday until Ukraine 🇺🇦 earns their freedom

+3

master
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)

Helloooo Doc good to hear from you. Quick Reference re: USDT.. this is not tradable US dollars.. ‘’Tether (USDT) is a cryptocurrency with a value meant to mirror the value of the U.S. dollar. The idea was to create stable digital cash. Tether converts cash into digital currency, to anchor or “tether” the value of the coin to the price of national currencies like the US dollar, the Euro, and the Yen.’’ Good idea to help stabilize wonky fluctuations!

However: retirees, disabled, gov, military, etc, use direct-deposit gov issued credit cards. These cards cannot purchase crypto currancies. Weirdly, also: a person cannot buy crypto with cash. Because, all crypto transactions rquire CONSIDERABLE tracing - ensuring who’s buying , how much, and where it’s going offshore. Very tight controls, referencing, tracking and tracing is unavoidable and absolutely prohibitive.

Sadly, we still need a viable alternative that overcomes and simplifies these obvious obstacles. Like using VENMO or Paypal so EVERYONE COULD THROW IN CASH?
Read more

+6

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)

@(⌐■_■) Oh boy… I stand corrected. My US gov direct-deposit card will not send cash to PayPal or Venmo etc, and does not allow ACH charges.
Well, I already knew about the crypto problem… did not know we couldn’t transact with Venmo or any ACH encumberances?
So very sry I’m learning stuff, that’s not helpful.
Anyone?? Need a clue up in here…

+1

top expert
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)

Forgive me if this post is out of place here. As a citizen of the USA for over 70 years I find this news both humiliating and disgusting. I hope we can soon overcome the stranglehold these Putin loving Trump a*8 kissing magats have managed to place on our democracy. Everyone I know here fully supports Ukraine.

Europe is trying to fill a US-shaped hole in funding for Ukraine
Analysis by Luke McGee, CNN
Updated 5:52 AM EDT, Sat March 23, 2024
www.cnn.com/2024/03/23/europe/eu...

Moderator notice from JudgeDredd (1mo)
+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)

@millermoto A zillion payment methods and venues are avail to support the people and war in Ukraine. Doc is asking for community support - and again - people need an alternate method besides crypto. Period, simple ask.

No need for pantyhose inna wad over Putin, he's never been to 2Moobz... and of course we're all behind Ukraine (no need for political insults/division) our churches collect and support as do regional org's and private fellowships... pouring money into several horrible wars. This site is entertainment not a political whos-who fistfight, so...

I'm ONLY addressing, ''Doc asks for website support'' if Moobz is asking for help... we need doc to open alt venues for support. Otherwise the above described issues aquiring and trading crypto currancies persists.

*no attitude needed smiley
Peace be with you and yours.

+1

master
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)

Appears updating HTML is past due to remove the intrusive popup(s) insisting: 'This Site is Forever Free' ... especially, if you're scolding people for believing its free? Obv that popup hasn't created donors - but makes the site mind-numbingly unuseable, esp on mobiles: ipads notebooks and phones. However the msg was supposed to be encouraging: maintenance and upgrades should help retain users and promote donations. It hasn't aged well.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(1mo)

Report comment
(1mo)

senior guru

I've had 8 years of free entertainment from this site.
I don't actually have any kind of TV receiver in my house. I don't need one.
And in that time I have saved money as no receiver means no licence fee (UK users will know what a ridiculous thing that is) and my only monthly payment for entertainment is for Wi-Fi.

So I would happily donate, but I have no inclination to even begin to try to understand crypto.
Paypal, money transfer, credit card, even a cheque I can do.
There must be an alternative???

+4

Hide 1 reply...

senior master
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)

There are users that make various efforts in this movie community. Most of them want absolutely free, the movies only they wanna watch, the national origin only they want to watch, to attack others for their posts and comments and most of them don't make any serious comment for movies ever. Just watch silently and criticize and offer nothing, not in games, in threads, nothing but negativity. Oh well, these are the alternatives: visit a site mute and deaf or pay Nutfleas or some other Maccie site. Of course there is the administration critiques always. This is also a minus point more. Since we can't handle it to behave like advanced creatures and expect the proper cowboy to recover us from the graze. I still can't get it why Doc keeps this site running. I was to ask him: what was the last donation made and when

Report comment
(3wk)

Although Mr. Evil wasn't very kind to me one day because I don't understand everything and my main language is not english. I am an older lady who is not capable to handle in special kinds of money but I am willing to support army or site if you give me an easy way to do so.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3wk)

@Natasj Crypto is easy for young people. Can use ATM, which are thousands in the West and then fill in the digits. I guess for a senior user and not good with English language this would be a problem. I too had to learn English not in the proper way. Greetings from Greece! I personally would not have any demands for you, if I was Doc

skilled
Report comment
(3wk)

If you want anonymous crypto, then XMR is a terrific option worth checking out IMO. Based on experience.

senior guru
Report comment
(3wk)

I hate crypto. I'm too old for this crap. I had teamed up with two other members - we planned to transfer some money together every month.

So I gave it a try. I deposited € 30 and tried to transfer it to Doc. It took me hours. It didn't work, then it didn't work and then it didn't work again. Did I mention I'm too old for this?

Finally it worked. It was so nerve-wracking that I will never do it again. smiley

What bothered me was that I had no proof that Doc got the money. Did he get it?
They also charged me outrageously high fees TWICE.

Erm, I think I'm too old for that.

+5

Hide 1 reply...

admin
Report comment
(22h)

What about crypto but not Bitcoin? USDT for example?

+1

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series