This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,391 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Having trouble streaming (1055 views, 28 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I admit I have an old PC set up. It's all I could afford.

I cannot get any of the sites to stream properly with the exception of these three sites:

Vev.io
Vshare.eu
Streamplay.to

Unfortunately no one seems to list these links on this site. I'm not sure why because they have been occasionally/spiratically listed with movies. Can I please make a request that these three sites get more listing time?

Vidzi.tv - sputters and jumps and cuts in and out.
Openload - will only load halfway and then stops
esstream - will load but it takes over an hour
vidup - the sound cuts in & out
clipwatching - is just a scam site as far as I'm concerned. I can't get anything from that site except advertisements.
videoza - same thing not even a video screen will appear on the page.

I know sites need to make money to stay afloat but, I cannot afford nor do I have any way of paying for services online.

The above three sites give me no grief whatsoever so, if there is any way We could get them as regular stream sites for movies, I would really appreciate it.
Read more

admin
Report comment
(5y)

PC configuration? Hardware and software.

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I don't know about configuration but, yeah, I use vista business that is no longer supported, apparently it is old but it still works for my needs most of the time.

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 do you have windows 7 or XP ? adobe player could help .

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy Hi Greg, I have XP. Pretty sure I'm up to date with adobe. Although, there was a problem with security awhile back so, my browser turned it off at one point. I will double check that and make sure it is working. <br> <br> Thank you for responding.

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 you could try Microsoft Sliver light also <br>

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy Actually, I made a mistake, Greg, I do not have XP, I have windows vista business.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Odd, those first 3 sites that you mentioned, I never use as they are usually hot garbage as far as quality/sound sync goes. Vidzi, Openload, streamango, vidlox all work, no problem. <br> <br> I'll mention that the only reason I commented here is because, normally, I use a 2009 model Samsung laptop set up just for this purpose. Not exactly cutting edge gear either. Originally a windows 7 machine, I've since installed Win10 and nanoblock and have never had an issue. <br> <br> That said, I suspect either your machine is having script/flash/memory issues or your isp is throttling you lower than 1Mbps.

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PsychoDeeDee They used to work well but stopped about 4 months ago. <br> <br> Hot garbage? They stream immediately for me and the quality is usually excellent.

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Irrelevant to my comment. My point was, those sites are not where your problem lies.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@PsychoDeeDee Didn't mean to come across as irrelevant. It just surprised me that you would have problems with sites that work fine for me. <br> <br> Your right, it is definitely an issue with my set up somewhere. <br> <br> Thank you, for responding.

master
Report comment
(5y)

Maybe it is just really in need of a good intense cleaning.I am not saying you don't take care of it. Different programs can fix different issues what one finds another might not.If you would like I can send you a pm with some cleaning links that I depend on to keep me running smooth on several devices here.Be happy to do it, let me know. The links you can't paly are also the only ones I really use. Love clip links BUT my ad block goes nuts, number runs to like twenty five in seconds so you need ad blocker for sure. I don't see even one.I use adblock and uorigin <br>

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@fortunate1 That would be greatly appreciated, fortunate1. Thank you. <br> <br> I do us uBlock origin as well as NoScript. I also do clear my cache regularly, but my memory is not a good as it used to be and I cannot recall the last time I cleared it so, it is probably time to do so again. lol

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 I will get you that list. <br>

+1

admin
Report comment
(5y)

I tried installing Windows XP. A lot of sites just don't work due to https problems. You need a new pc.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I don't have windows XP. You are correct though. I wish I could afford to update my system but, at the moment, it is not possible. <br> <br> Thank you for taking the time to respond Dr.Evil.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

After carefully reading all the responses here. I have concluded that the issue is mine and I will have to look deeper into a solution. I am in contact with another member who is willing to help tweak my browser and or maybe help me choose another one. <br> <br> <br> I'll let everyone know if it works. <br> <br> Thank you all for your support. smiley

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

You could also run your operating system in safe mode by pressing f8 after booting. This uses less resources and speeds up system :)

+1

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@anthonystar19 Do you mean leave it running in safe mode? I didn't know you could do that and still access whatever you wanted to access online.

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 You don't need to a new PC. You just need to dump Windows and run Linux. Linux will make your machine run like a bat outta hell. There's even a version of Linux called "Puppy" that runs off a CD. Try running Windows in 700mb of memory....LOL

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater I don't have access to a copy/CD of Linux. Is it free somewhere online?

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 99.9 percent of Linux versions are free. You need to download the ISO image file, then burn it to a blank DVD. You will need to install an ISO burning program to do this. You can get a free ISO burning program for Windows here: <br> www.freeisoburner.com <br> Here is the link to the Debian Linux ISO file. Make sure you read the instructions carefully: <br> cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/cur... <br> <br> After you burn the DVD, you will need to boot your computer on it and follow the prompts. <br>

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater I'll see if I can find someone that has a CD burner. I don't have one. <br> <br> Thanks

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Yes Michael in safe mode it loads only essential drivers etc. You might also want to update to windows 7. Or if you can afford it install more RAM

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@anthonystar19 I'll give it a try. Thank you, Anthonystar19. :)

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Whatever you do, don't even try running Chrome on a older Windows computer with 4gig RAM or less. It's just fighting it the whole way. As stated above, Linux is probably your best bet but, me I just don't care for the UI on it and, I have compatibility issues with some of my music gear. I BELIEVE there's still a free upgrade to WiN10 if you choose to go that route but, it takes some hackery and not really beneficial to i3 or lower anyway. <br> Also, I should mention that AdBlockPlus has pretty much sold us out. So look for something better.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PsychoDeeDee No, I won't use chrome. Thanks for the warning. I did try chrome when it first came out and found it to be very invasive.

Report comment
(5y)

@PsychoDeeDee To quickly address your comment... With Linux, the UI is called the "Window Manager" and unlike Windows, there are dozens to choose from. If you want very fast, plain windows, install XFCE4. If you are willing to sacrifice performance for fancy graphics, install Cinnamon. And if you want a completely different experience, install Ubuntu with the Unity desktop.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Tried dumping my cache and cookies. It made no difference. :(

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,391 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series