This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,772 reviews
122,421 films • 18,482 TV series

Newbies // Watching films // Help // FAQ. 🙂 (2163 views, 72 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(6y)

If you are new to the site and have any problems please post here for help. smiley

First of you may find the answer to your question here:

dosmovies.com/faq/....

If not you could try here:

dosmovies.com/forum/topic/Site-Support-H....

If you are still having any issues that you can not find the answers to above, please
post your question here (in detail) and wait for one of the site members to reply to it.

Are you could post your question in chat box for a possible quicker reply but
please remember to give details smiley and please note that just because someone has recently been in chat box does not mean there watching chat box all the time.

If you are having trouble with links (which are third party to the site) when
it comes to pop-ups, you may want to try some of the blockers posted in the thread below.

dosmovies.com/forum/thread/Closing-froze....
Read more

+2

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Hi!! What happened to the little smilelys on the comment section for movies? I see they have them for chat-box, but not the movies? THANKS!!!

+3

Report comment
(6y)

@PAUL58 You mentioned that in another forum post, thought you would have got a answer by now. <br> Sorry i don't know the answer :( , can you see smileys left by other people and do you know if anyone else is having the same trouble? <br> Can you post smileys using the keyboard are copy paste from chat box. <br> Cheers. smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@PAUL58 Sites just messed up. After Evil responded with a sorry I decided to investigate and they are just hidden but they're there still. Click in the blank space and everything is there still. Dr. Evil, Site is all screwed up. Idk if you all did a site update or what, but as I and others have said, stuffs disappeared but there still and buttons are screwed. I'll post in proper thread tomorrow (too tired and lazy tonight) with screen shots of all the screwed up buttons and such. Sites def messed up. Everything is gone from the comment section. Not just the smiley options. Everything, all options is gone.

Report comment
(6y)

@Melted~Dreams Having NO trouble here. ;)

Report comment
(6y)

@Melted~Dreams On my end on all devices everything is fine. Clear your cache.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Melted~Dreams Sometimes you get people who get worked up because there are having trouble with the links (which are third party to the site) and then they blame the site for it and post something rude in chat box. <br> <br> In all the time i have used this site, your post above is by for the """ RUDEST """ post i have ever seen when it comes to insulting the site...and therefore the creator of. smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 For your information, I was getting messages with people asking about the smileys. so once again. pull that stick out you ass about me or stfu and get used to it. Or, go see a doctor. As you can see, I wasn't the only one with the issue. Insulting the site? Take off your Drunk goggles and pay attention for once in your time here dude... @Dr.Evil, Thanks for the Cache reminder. Sometimes I forget to empty it. smiley

+4

Report comment
(6y)

@Melted~Dreams Try thinking before you speak, we don't want new members thinking it's okay to speak like you. <br> Do NOT soil this thread anymore, if you want to have anymore digs at me PM me and i will get back to you.

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Right back at you Vodka. RIGHT back at you....

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

Sites been edited. Buttons and such are messed up as well.. They have that red handprint that tells you to log into twomovies whatever to see this.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

admin
Report comment
(6y)

Post screenshots. I can't see your screens.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Could peoples add blocks be the problem? :)

senior master
Report comment
(6y)

THANK ALL OF YOU!!!! I WILL TRY EVERYTHING. PRAY I DON`T MELT FIRST. WE`VE GOT ONE HELLOVA HEAT WAVE!!!! I FOUND SOME ANSWERING YOU; WILL LET YOU KNOW ON MY NEXT MOVIE REVIEW. ALL HAVE A HAPPY!!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(6y)

When i open a link (are YouTube for that matter) and expand it to fullscreen it's taking up the whole page in such a way that i have to double click it to close the page//link to normal size, does anyone else have the same problem are any ideas on how to put it right. Deleted all my past history and stuff but as made no difference. <br> Thanks in advance for any help are ideas on how to put this right. smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(6y)

Need to switch on javascript ? <br> Where is it .

Report comment
(6y)

hi <br> cannot find adult movies :(

Report comment
(6y)

i loved those vintage movies :P

God
Report comment
(6y)

When i open any (google faves, whatever) page it all shows in large print, including the address bar and everything. This started after turning the pc on, can anyone please help me put this right. Thanks in advance. smiley

Hide 20 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Screen resolution? Check your display settings.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Screen* Has in monitor settings?

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 right click on your screen then choose persoanlize then set your resolution to the highest.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@∞Aces∞ The bookmarks/address bar is bigger than normal and every time i open a bookmark i have not used today, it comes up large print. <br> Thanks for the advice, any other day that would have worked but i use Windows 10 smiley which is a f**king pain and the problem at a guess. <br> smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Did you try restarting your PC?

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Athb007 Yes, thanks for suggesting. smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Ohh, I use windows 10 as well and it's known for glitches like these. <br> Well try changing your resolution to a different one and then back to the highest one. <br> And if this is something that's only happening on your browser, check if it's updated to the latest version.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Athb007 You defo no what problems i have and that has worked so much but the problem is still there with the address bar, cheers. smiley

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@Athb007 Just put the resolution on the " highest " and the address bar looks better but when it comes to the text, it looks like it's running from a older version of Windows. <br> Like you said " glitches " and there is with W/10 for me at the moment. <br> Thanks again. smiley

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Glad that I could be of any help, don't really know about the text. Check the font settings or something. Or maybe wait till you get an update from windows.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Athb007 <br> *Update from windows* <br> Yes that's what i've been thinking/hoping on lol. <br> Until the next BIG (dreading) update, thanks. ;)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 <br> <br> Tried everything i could think of and uninstalled//reinstalled Chrome, made no difference. <br> This will be a Windows 10 prob and i tried a system restore (for one day), after 25 min of staring at a circle of dots it did nothing...what's new. <br> <br> Thanks for the replys. :)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 This is probably a stupid suggestion and you probably did everything already, but did you look in your chrome settings to try to change the font size and page zoom setting? I don't use chrome, so it is probably a pointless suggestion.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@nonamemanon Yes but this is a Windows 10 thing...even the page text...looks dated and once again """ Windows 10 spyware updates """ are f**king up on me. <br> Thanks for the reply. :)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Maybe this forum can help you <br> productforums.google.com/forum/#...

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@∞Aces∞ Try to avoid old help topic subjects, just checked to make sure i have the lastest version of Chrome and i do. <br> Thanks for the thought. :)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Then start a new topic with screen shot :p

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Did you ever get it resolved? I agree with AceKilla, I think it would be helpful to post a screen shot, unless you already figured it out. I hope you did!

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 <br> This was asked two year back. <br> <br> Q: Windows 10 Display Fonts - Very poor quality. <br> <br> answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind... <br> <br> And he still does not have a answer. <br> <br> The very last reply (Adjust ClearType text) in this topic i did find of some help <br> but it is a Windows 10 update that has messed up IMHO.

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 <br> <br> Windows is set to max resolution with both these screen shots. <br> <br> Google set at 125% resolution. <br> <br> <br> Google set at 100% resolution. <br> <br> <br> I want to " fix " this prob without reinstalling Windows 10. <br> Thanks in advance for any help. :) <br>

God
Report comment
(6y)

Have you go to the setting and reset the zoom to 100% ? <br> <br>

Hide 14 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@∞Aces∞ Don't no what you mean. <br>

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Go to the browser setting, then choose Page Zoom, see if it's in 100% or more ? the default should be 100%

Report comment
(6y)

@∞Aces∞ The screenshot you took i do not see with " Windows 10 " and yes it is set at 100% with the resolution on max. :)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 that mean you using Edge browser ?

Report comment
(6y)

@∞Aces∞ Maybe this will help ? i don't use Windows 10 so i don't know about Edge browser. <br> answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...

Report comment
(6y)

@∞Aces∞ You do know i'm using Google for the browser? <br>

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 This all happen after you update the google chrome ?

Report comment
(6y)

@∞Aces∞ Tried option 2/3 and none the diff but i have bookmarked that link. <br> If i fix the problem or after the next Windows update it fixes itself i will post here. Thanks again. ;)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 okay, sorry can't help you more, since i am not using windows 10.

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Zoom in or out on your current page <br> <br> On your computer, open Chrome. <br> At the top right, click More . <br> Next to "Zoom," choose the zoom options you want: Make everything larger: Click Zoom in . Make everything smaller: Click Zoom out . Use full-screen mode: Click Full screen .

Report comment
(6y)

@∞Aces∞ That does not fix the problem. <br> <br> Checking out that last link you posted and well let you know if any of the advice/ideas there work, thanks for taking the time to help. :)

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 <br> Hi PureVodka, <br> <br> Another silly suggestion, but did you update all of your drivers? smiley <br> <br> Are you on a laptop or a monitor or tv? What Win10 version are you using? Latest update was to version 1709 (10.0.16299.64). <br> <br> What about your settings for ugh, can't remember terms right now, not on my windows machine, so off of my memory, when you go to your Chrome settings, is there a spot that says like in Firefox, 'Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of your selections above'? <br> <br> Oh also, are you using VGA, DVI or HDMI if you are connected to display? Just going off of one of the posters in the link you included from Win10 Forum. <br>

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@nonamemanon Could you tell me more about; driver updates for Windows 10. Thanks inovace. :)

expert
Report comment
(6y)

<br> Pure Vodka, this image is what I am referring to kinda, but it is for Firefox not Chrome, but I assume it is somewhat similar, I cannot remember what it is in Chrome right now. When I turn on my windows machine, I will try to remember to check. <br> <br> Does it only happen in Chrome or does it happen in other Win10 Applications? Here are two links, one from ghacks www.ghacks.net/2017/02/24/advanc... and one from Chrome to reset settings, support.google.com/chrome/answer... . <br> <br> Have you thought about changing browsers? <br> <br> <br> Okay so my husband/partner suggested the following: <br> Open an elevated command prompt and type 'winsat.exe formal' hit enter <br> Let it run its thing, it basically forces the OS to fix the performance index. ...
Read more

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@nonamemanon Hi PureVodka, <br> <br> My man found a link on google forums productforums.google.com/forum/#... <br> with a response from a guy named Gary. It is the third response down. This is what he suggested: <br> <br> Gary Gurnicz said: <br> Hello Steeb B, <br> <br> Right-click on Chrome Icon and select "Properties" <br> In the Target Box, at the end of the Chrome.exe" ... put a space and /force-device-scale-factor=1.2 <br> Click "OK" <br> Relaunch Chrome. Must relaunch Chrome for setting to be recognized. <br> <br> Note: You can adjust the 1.2 to different values e.g. 1.1, 1.14, 1.19, 2.1... to suit your needs. <br> Also, it is a known issue that drop-down menus may not display completely correctly when scale factor is used. ... <br> <br> Also check out the suggestion from Benjamin says like half way down the forum, it is his third post in the same forum topic that Gary responded to: <br> <br> Benjamin Perlmutter said: <br> "The font of the tabs and bookmarks toolbar is linked to the fonts control in "Personalize" (in Windows 7). Under window color and appearance, go to advanced, use the menu to select "Message Box" this is the one that controls the font for the browser. I had to change my fonts because the one I had set would not display Korean characters and when I went through and changed all of them suddenly my Google chrome was different as well. :)" <br> <br> -Benjamin <br> <br> <br> and restart your computer because changes won't take effect until Chrome restarts and it runs in the background so either force quit it in your task manager or restart computer. <br> <br> One of my man's other simple suggestions is to see if anything happens if you change your Windows theme. <br> <br> Also, apparently a LOT of people have this same issue according to what my partner was reading. <br> <br> Good luck to you and I hope something works out and if those don't work, he has some more in depth cmds you can run. <br> <br> V
Read more

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@nonamemanon In " Target Box " i tried " 1 " yesterday and " 1.2 " now, no look and i did restart the pc. Thanks for suggesting. :)

Report comment
(6y)

@nonamemanon This " Reset Chrome settings to default " will be the next thing i try later. Do not know how to use one browser then another, something i've not done before. Thanks for the info. ;)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Shoot, sorry PureVodka, I have not been around for a couple of weeks. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Are you still having issues?

+1

God
Report comment
(6y)

After doing everything people suggested my pc put it self right after a month, yes it was a (the crap program) Windows 10 thing. The reason for the " late " reply is because the pc was running slow until i switched the browser to Opera which uses about 400 MB when running but Google uses about 1600 MB and makes everything run slow i.e. YouTube video kept freeing up. The only problem with Opera is the lack of features compared to Google. <br> <br> With the help of @TragicMouse and some software she recommended i managed to switch of Windows (spy wear) Defender. Should anyone have pc issues you will find some very useful info above. <br> Thanks again to all those that replayed with ideas. smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@PureVodka🍺 You will be a Pro at controlling Win10 eventually, never give up! smiley smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

This thread is still very helpful today as I am sure many could benefit from reading it.

Cheers!

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

The 'instructions' on how to filter updates make zero sense.
I'd like to see clear instructions as to how to FILTER OUT UPDATES on tv showS like sports, reality, horror, etc---things I don't watch.

How do I pare down the update list to what I AM interested in?

And filling in the dates from and to...is that necessary? [like 2010 to 2019 for example]

Thanks to anyone who can clarify this! smiley

Moderator notice from (5y)
+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ThomasinaPaine Just hit check all then uncheck what you don't need.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil That always works for me as well.

ThomasinaPaine: The filter dates is useful for searchimg for specific, or general, time periods.

If you want everything, just leave it as it is.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ okedoke, thanks Rav. Congrats on the mod thing.
God, I'm a good reader..lol.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil sounds easier thanit appeared. Thanks.

+2

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Is it okay for me using using different browsers. Like Opera or Firefox for downloading movie? I have often the need to use either desk top pc or my laptop is this a problem? I log out so I can use what ever machine I am not using at the time. sometimes it seems sooooooo slow, (the download) anything I should be doing at my end Cheers thanks in advance. Sistar.

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@sistar There are no rules against it.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@sistar I had a similar issue. Although my connection is typically around 40Mbs, my isp's traffic shaping for this rural area is biased towards downloads, so streams are continually buffering or stalling completely.

Since I use Firefox, the download manager can be right-clicked once you start the download to reveal the direct link to the movie or video.

If you stop the download after having saved the link to your clipboard, you can open the addon DownLoadThemAll, click on the Manager and simply click the Add button to put the direct link in the Manager and start the download.

The advantage is that DLTA makes several connections to partial segments of the file at one time, which has the effect of (at least) quadrupling your download speed speed in most (but not all) cases.

Just get one file at a time if you are connecting to the same host, otherwise you may fault out from too many connections to the same place.
Read more

Report comment
(5y)

@WAGB283 Really appreciate the info I think it might be a good idea just to stream I can get myself quite confused very easily. but just love the site. Cheers

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,772 reviews • 122,421 films • 18,482 TV series