This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,656 reviews
122,383 films • 18,475 TV series

is anyone else having trouble searching for things on this site? (710 views, 8 replies)

This topic has been closed.

expert
Report comment
(4y)

i tried searching for wild rose every week for months, then on a hunch i searched for another show starring Jessie Buckley.clicked her name and the movie was there in her list of credits, now I'm wondering if half the things i can't find is because the search function is a mess

+2

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

I had occasional trouble a while back. Often it was something as simple as a hyphen or such so I switched tactics. I go to IMBD first, find the show or movie and the copy/paste the IMBD url. Instead of searching Game of Thrones I would use www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/?re...
For me it really isn't much of an extra step. I almost always have IMBD open anyways. I often see an actor I just can't place and I can easily figure out where I saw her/him on IMBD. I also love the trivia sections of movie/shows/actors.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@RiverTam Yes,websites where you have to search a database of many movies inevitably get JUNK-PILES,TRASH,if they are not cleaned up regularly smiley ---just like your closet,If the dresses are not in your "dresses-section",and your trousers aren't in the "good trousers "section,but misplaced everywhere,,you just won't find them.this one needs to be CLEANED UP REGULARLY,human or bot.The criteria differ;some sites throw out of the database anything that has not been used in 5 yrs.I have had to use the NAMES OF LEAD ACTORS to find movie.--maybe the databases file thru actors,not film.??- one letter or such, will throw the search off completely.I recommend "janitor-bot",if not used already.I go to movie,its not there several times. the bigger the base gets, the neater has to be kept. this base is searchable.(compliments Dr. Evil,curtsy.) smiley

God
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Severinks, just use the IMDB in the search bar.

As far as credits and information on actors, it is NOT generated by this site, so there's nothing we can do about it.

You are welcome to add facts or films and such in the comments under the specific celebrities.

admin
Report comment
(4y)

Search is great, nobody complained about it. Information on actors is not accurate. I wouldn't rely on it.

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

ok speaking of search"there is a movie i cannot find;its a fashion designer,female American,who gets into the business in Europe,;she falls in love with beautiful(french actor)married man who "supposidly" has very unstable,nasty-tempered wife.(but he won't leave her,)(she had already fallen in love previously, in America, where he was in military.(???) I thought it was a SUSAN HAYWARD MOVIE.BUT--it is not here.I mistook it for "I can always get it for you wholesale!"w/Susan as aspiring low-down model, wants to design clothes.--but never falls for a married man any where."wrong movie." It has a tall dark handsome French actor--(absolutely)as the married guy.I don't remember the title.I WAS SURE it was Susan Hayward, but its not among her films.(please post this in proper place if you want)youtube and duck no help.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 Is this the movie you are looking for? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Can_Get_...

not sure if it is on here, but Wikepedia had it lol.

God
Report comment
(4y)

I have some trouble here and there, I will search a title and it says we don't have it but end up finding it like you did another way. I even rechecked to make sure I spelled it correctly. It doesn't happen Everytime though
Teeny?

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

I see comments regarding actors on the main page made by members here. I have never been able to find out how that is done or what forum/topic to look under so I can comment as well.

Dr Evil is going to tell me it so simple and obvious, I just know it. lol

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,656 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series