This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,254 reviews
122,251 films • 18,445 TV series

Ad blockers not working (508 views, 7 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru

I have U block origin and adblocker pro, but tonight neither seem to be working.

Even had some naked female pop-up wanting me to meet her to do things that have no interest to a straight menopausal woman who just wanted to pause AHS so she could have a wee.

Is anyone else having similar issues, it's the same on all the streaming sites I've tried.
If it's just me does anyone have any suggestions what could be causing it?

+2

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

Using both seems a bit odd. Have you tried using just Ublock Origin.
Also update your filter lists and check you have the ones you want enabled.

Have you had a browser update recently that stopped them working?

Are they blocking ads on other sites normally? - sometimes things get through because they're not on the block lists in which case you can either block the element / domain yourself or just wait for a list update.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

Selecting in the blocker's menu properties there is an update option. I do this often and it really helps, sometimes not blocking sites that are not a threat. In the same menu there are option to include more lists , even for particular countries, as the annoying pop ups always get new sources and ways. I estimate that if u play around and include more lists or update, your problem will disappear. Apart from this there are options to include e certain pop up or java script that is not already in the list. This needs more game in the options and it's accessible through the right click. I agree with LEmming , I just used different words and description

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

i use adblocker ultimate and ublock origin. i never get adds on ANY site. they auto update the lists so install and you should be good to go. i use firefox btw.

+1

God
Report comment
(2y)

I'm not having that problem but your post cracked me up! Hope you are doing well and I'm watching AHS now💋💋

+1

Hide 2 replies...

@Teeny💋 I'm good Teeny, hope same for you. Loving this series - it's back on form :)

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I know I'm glad we got most of them back this year💋💋

senior guru

Thanks guys - did the update thing and ad blockers are working again.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,254 reviews • 122,251 films • 18,445 TV series