This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,647 reviews
122,377 films • 18,475 TV series

Have you ever worked at a place where you did not like a person ,that you had to work with? (942 views, 9 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

long ago I worked Kmart and I did not like the person I was working with.His name was John .Why I did not like him,because he was always fooling around not doing his work,It made it hard on me ,because I had to do his work alone with mine.A few weeks passed and John quite coming to work.I went to my boss man and asked him what happen to John ? He said,I seen john on cam playing around and not working ,so I fired him.Then he said, Greg I seen your working hard ,so I'm giving you a rise in your pay.I was very happy when I heard that . In a day or two my boss man replaced John with a man called Scott .He learnt quickly and he did his job well. That made my job easier then, because now I did not have to carry two loads of work on me. When I got my pay check I notice I got a 25 cent raised , I told myself that better then nothing. I really enjoyed working there a Kmart, until the had to close there door ,due to not making enough money to keep the doors open.

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

I reckon we all have. It's really something that unintentionally teaches you something about yourself against your will. <br> <br> And whatever that is, is different for everyone, I reckon. <br> <br> Thanks for your story. :)

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

I reckon we all have. It's really something that unintentionally teaches you something about yourself against your will. <br> <br> And whatever that is, is different for everyone, I reckon. <br> <br> Thanks for your story. :)

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ Oops sorry double post I can't delete now. :(

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ That's OK ,I mess up to must of the time

+1

Report comment
(5y)

welcome to the real world... they're everywhere... wherever you are, even at the holiest places on earth , theres always that someone that pisses you off ( or someone you wouldn't like)... yup, we all just ignore them, we pretend we don't see them and sometimes we wish that they'd vanish. but as a good person as we are, we just give them a big smile and hope they get fired soon (and wish they get run over by the garbage truck) hahahahaha

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

I LOVE my job, but I hate my boss. He is a terrible leader (no organizational skills, no multi-tasking skills, and he does not promote a sense of order and efficiency). He is manipulative and at times tells flat out lies just to make his point. He's very passive aggressive. He never says what he really thinks. Every time you talk to him it feels condescending or undermining. None of us trust him and because of that, there is always tension. The only time we feel like we can relax is when he is not around. I'm not sure how he got this job, but I know it was not based on skill. He is definitely the "kiss ass" type. He always volunteers our team to do things to help other teams, but never advocates for us to have anything nice. We all hate him. For me the worst part is the lying and manipulating. Because he is in a position of power, you have to be careful about what you say to him. So I am not myself around him. I can't be my authentic self. I choose my words carefully as if I was in an interview. ...
Read more

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Spirit_OfLove there are bosses out there that don't know how to be leaders.there are some out there act like a spoiled child .there are some that cheat,lie and steal to get there way in life. I had a state job ,where my boss was very mean to me.I never did like my boss at all . I hanged in there. I worked for the state for 16 years and not once I liked my job , due to my boss. The pay was very good .I had a family to surrport .My wife and I had a baby ,so I had to work.I bit my tongue ,when my boss was mean to me and fussed at me .I just said,I'll do better ,just to make my boss leave me alone.One day I really did messed up and my boss covered for me .I think that ,s because I was always willing to take the job when my boss call me to fill in .I know there problems at the work place and you just have to learn how to deal with them. <br>

+1

Report comment
(5y)

Yes working in an office where the majority of women are so mean, rude and always making me feel as though i don’t fit in and stop talking when I approach any of them I think most have been there a while make me feel like it’s a click thing . I’m younger and not one has given me a chance to get to know me ,the boss is great amd the job is great but I absolutely cringe everyday I have to go to work .

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

You not there for them ,your there to make a living for yourself and please your boss with your work.You don't have a problem .The other women there has a problem. I would not let that get me down. (maybe) they are afraid that your coming to take their job away from them ,because your young and smart. Just do the best you can for your boss .

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,647 reviews • 122,377 films • 18,475 TV series