About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,387 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Rules of a Rant (872 views, 4 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

The first real rule is, it cannot be short. That would be a statement.
The only other rule is you must believe what your ranting about. Even if you change your mind later. A good rant brooks no argument.
There is only one point of view, the ranters.

I'll start with dairy products.
Why is there no cream on my full fat creamy milk? I remember as a kid you had to get the milk in before the birds took the cream. Ye they really did. Our milk came in pint bottles with a tin foil top. The birds would peck through for the cream. Bottles were cleaned and put out for pick up with the next delivery. All milk was delivered by either horse or electric milk float. Electric cars are not new.
Good grief what is happening to our milk?
What happened to butter? Even in the 70's there was farm butter, usually bought at a butcher shop. Salted, Unsalted, White or yellow.
Funny thing was there was always a woman with two wooden paddles. One side smooth the other ribbed. "How Much? 1Lb? 2?". On answer, she would dig a paddle into the barrel of butter and start slapping it into shape. 2 or 3 mins. I think it was to make sure there were no air bubbles that could turn the butter faster. By the time it hit the greased paper and weighed. Every time spot on weight asked for. A skill lost.
Read more

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I thought for sure your first rant would be about socks. smiley

Rants, I got a million of them. Including the one about dairy. I'll have to give it some thought and prioritize.

Back soon. smiley

guru
Report comment
(5y)

HAHHHAHAHHAH, Socks are a fact of life for men. Where do they go? I have my own washing machine. Even counted socks going in. But after drying??
That is a great Rant subject, but takes out women that have never experienced 'the way ward sock'. Unless they are mums with boy children. A good choice is to buy bulk in the same colour. You don't miss the missing ones as much.

God
Report comment
(5y)

That's discriminatory!

I have too experienced the wayward sock or 5.

...but as I've told you Egor (though you doubt my word), many times my ward sock returns, desperately in need of a sock "hair cut".

lol

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@ HAHHAHAHAH Wish mine did. I even have a de-burrer type machine for textiles.
AND get used to the discriminatory. I'm a bloke and think as a bloke. Your a Girly and will always think as such. From both sides it is discriminatory.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,387 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series