This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,070 reviews
122,558 films • 18,496 TV series

Why aren't 2020 Documentaries being added to the Genre Library? (347 views, 15 replies)

This topic has been closed.

expert
Report comment
(4y)

Watch Documentary movies released in 2020 year:

We didn't find anything matching your criteria.

I hope this is a bug, because that library is gold. Frustrating because there are plenty of docs already released this year!

+5

admin
Report comment
(4y)

users don't add them and the 2020 year just landed, be patient

+2

Hide 14 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil I wouldn't pretend to understand how it's done. I thought maybe it was just not picking up on the tags. Perfectly fine with being patient, it's definitely worth it. Thx!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@jeeppeep If you know what is called seach using the IMDB url it often finds titles I tried to search for by name with no luck, but I am sure they will be here soon. I love Docu's as well Movies or TV and Netflix have done good docu's if you like series.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@jeeppeep if you can give a specific title of a documentary, i can make a poster for it
that may give linkers a place to put it when they come across it

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@chaz1014 I'm catching them (or searching and finding what I'm looking for). I was just asking about using that feature where all new docs that come out show up in the 2020 folder in the Documentary Genre. I thought it was an automatic process, but I'm a doofus. lol

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@jeeppeep until a slot is created, links cant be posted. so if you can provide correct titles, i can do the necessary look ups and create posters, you click the follow option. so you get alerted when links actually post. ok?

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@chaz1014 I don't think I'm explaining myself correctly and I'm sorry. If you go to Genres and select documentaries, there are year tabs to search by. If you select 2019, you will see every documentary released during that year. Right now, if you select 2020, it is empty.

So, take as an example, "Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez". It was released in 2020, it has a slot, links and it's searchable. It's tagged as a documentary. However, it's not showing up in the feature I described above.

I'm sorry to have created the confusion and I appreciate your help! I will be patiently waiting for this feature to be updated!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@jeeppeep I think the problem with the show you used as an example is that it is a tv show not a movie. If you go to the tv show browser and search by documentaries in the year 2020 it will yield some results. Could this be the problem with others you are looking for also? Maybe there haven't been any documentary movies added yet for 2020 only tv shows. Anyhow I hope this helps in some way.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks omg - i'm mortified at my stupidity. This explains everything. Thank you. Now I must go and beg for this post to be deleted.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@jeeppeep No not stupid at all. It's an easy mistake but I'm glad I could help. Enjoy your documentaries smiley

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@jeeppeep and i think what you fail to realize is regardless of the year a documentary, show, or movie is released. until a main poster is created, for the documentary, show or movie. none can be posted. so even being here in january on the 20th day if 5 documentaries have premiered. till i know titles i cant create buttons, and linkers cant find em. that is how genres, years, ect get built and filled bud.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@chaz1014 I totally get that and understand it. And, thank you for all the patience you've shown.

This was all about me confusing docuseries with documentary movies. I even saw today that new docs are being added to 2019 folder because there HASN'T been any 2020 doc movies released yet.

Thanks again for your patience and guidance. I'm embarrassed and I apologize!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@jeeppeep no reason to be embarassed, you just know you love certain things and hope to see them here, now that you know how, feel free to pm me accurate titles for me to research and set up for, that way linkers can provide entertainment for you and possibly numerous others.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@chaz1014 Thanks so much! And thanks for all you do!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@chaz1014 Good to know thanks Chaz.

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,070 reviews • 122,558 films • 18,496 TV series