This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,720 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Is it time to ban medical mis-information on this site? (812 views, 24 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

Dear Administrators, friends, and others.
I am concerned about some of the medical mis-information being posted on here, which could be dangerous if impressionable people were to act on it.
Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing and I would defend anyone's right to it, but when free speech is used as a cover for promoting unproven or discredited remedies which could be hazardous then that is a different matter.
Recent posts have included medical 'reports' from convicted fraudsters as well as unsourced advice and straight lies, all mixed with conspiracies and extreme political opinions.

This site is about entertainment and I suggest medical and pharmaceutical comments should be added to the banned list.
Anyone agree?

+9

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

And for anyone who, for their own unfathomable reasons, wants to post instant Coronavirus cures or similar misinformation, try @nysh*t. Doc made that special-needs place for you.

+5

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

Report comment
(3y)

@Buttless Please don't call that site like that. We are doing our best to clean it from junk. So it may be your second home soon, who knows.

+3

Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil Oh, I do pop in occasionally for a laugh.
Reminiscent of the visitors to the famous Bedlam asylum in the 1750's, for morbid entertainment.

+2

Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil That site is so bad it is hard to distinguish if most of the post are parody/satire or if they are real.

+2

Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil ''Secomd Home?'' That certainly sounds ominous. Is MexiMoob gonna vanish in a total merge before long?

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@Buttless Hey man, dont piss on my lawn. Doc and I have worked tirelessly to eliminate abuse from the site. And with it we have eliminated serial abusers whose only purpose in life was to insult and attack anyone who dared to disagree with them.

You say the content is sh*t, I say its up to you to put your money where your mouth is and provide some content that would pass muster. Its easy to criticize when you are standing outside the circle and cannot be criticized for your own efforts.

+4

Report comment
(3y)

@JudgeDredd Hey Your Honour, I was trying to improve your lawn by pissing on it; my wee is rich in nitrates with some potassium, see how that patch grows!
I come to 2M for entertainment and relaxation; my day-job is stressful and I'm paid lots to deal with argumentative idiots all day so why would I do it for free at home? Let's stick to fun on 2M without nasties.
I've said before leave @ass alone, its a cage-fight to keep the haters occupied so they don't irritate normal people having fun here.

+3

Report comment
(3y)

@Buttless Well, that the difference between you and I. My job is my hobby and as such I dont mind bringing it home with me.

In regards to the nasties and the irritation they cause you, I am curious.....why would you be popping in for some morbid entertainment when by your own admission it disagrees with you?

Furthermore, (and I cant believe that I am gonna defend the haters here) I dont recall ever seeing you spread the love that you so cherish, in your infrequent visits to my now pissed on front lawn. Whats the idea then, if not to butt heads for fun? smiley

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@JudgeDredd We are indeed different, and the world would be a boring place if we were all alike.
Living in conflict zones changes one's priorities and values; I hope you appreciate your home with its pee-soaked lawn, you cannot comprehend the feelings of those whose homes were destroyed by foreigners.
The attitudes displayed on @nycrap are truly disgusting, from the woman who thinks it acceptable for 0.1% of the US population to die of Covid, to the gun-toting redneck wanting to bomb people of other cultures defending their rights, and the antivaxxer undermining confidence in life-saving science. The 5G-ers, BLMs, MAGAs and alien-abductees are misguided fools but harmless. None of them have anything in common with me and its a waste of energy telling them the truth.
I enjoy doing the 2M puzzles with friendly people here and sharing movies, 'spreading the love' selectively.
Read more

+2

master
Report comment
(3y)

Totally agreed: The DOC already created a place for that. And in the middle of a pandemic nonsense about medication should be considered dangerous enough to be banned!

THX Buttless for bringin it up! smiley smiley

+3

admin
Report comment
(3y)

Just use reporting, every comment has a "..." menu.

+2

master
Report comment
(3y)

Closing threads ilke: dosmovies.com/forum/thread/Has-a... too?

+1

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

What a great idea Buttless.

Any advice regarding medical treatment should come from your own medical practicioner, and not from YouTube videos or medical trials in Third World countries.

Keep Dos Movies safe from this dangerous trend, and report the threads/comments that carry this misinformation.

Stay safe.

+8

master
Report comment
(3y)

God forbid people use common sense when reading some news. No you shouldn't drink bleach or lick a strangers hands. See,,just common sense. Pharma is up to you and your doctor. I hate listening to people that complain about how bad they feel anyway. Keep it to yourself. I don't get my medical advice from the newspapers or from youtube. Maybe this virus is a way to clean out all the intensly ignorant people. one could only hope.

+5

God
Report comment
(3y)

+6

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

Comment is hidden, because you were blocked by this user
No sense in posting garbage on here, Vodka. You blocked me.

skilled
Report comment
(3y)

I wholeheartedly agree and some people are outright pretending to be medical professionals irl and giving out dangerous and false disinfo.

+3

Report comment
(3y)

I entirely agree. I have been saying this since the beginning of the pandemic. Misinformation and Disinformation on the virus is Public Endangerment. It produces real results, including death. This isnt one of those harmless conspiracies about 5G, gay frogs, chemtrails and the aliens in the White House (oh wait, that last one could be true smiley ).

For all those who dismiss the level of danger, I would like to remind them the number of instances related to consumption/injection of bleach immediately after Trump made his remarks about bleach and the UV light. There will always be gullible people. Or people with misplaced trust in persons they may admire for some reason or other, but which are entirely unqualified to offer any constructive advice about the virus and its prevention.

And for those who dispute even this, the fact that the entire planet currently relies on the use of a face mask for prevention and you are still unconvinced about it, says everything you need to know about disinformation.
Read more

+6

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

After reading every comment i decided that i cannot make up my mind and choose side. Its important the information to be precise as buttless suggests, it's important we to decide what is the best for us as fortunate says, it's importand internet to be free as vodka suggests, it's already given to comment as dr evil suggests or report and it's important as mandale suggests the community to make a decision that will be properly addressed. I cannot balance all this and make a suggestion or choose a side. My brain blocks.

Report comment
(3y)

DOn't see a downside, could always include a link the the WHO or CDC too get people headed in the right direction.
Wear a mask dinks!

+2

skilled
Report comment
(3y)

dosmovies.com/forum/thread/Nurse...

This is exactly what we are talking about. They posted this disinfo in defiance after they posted in this thread. Disinformation has real life repercussions and this person obviously doesn't care. The responsible thing to do is to prevent further incidences.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3y)

@Javi Actually this post is 3 weeks old, so no defiance there.

guru
Report comment
(3y)

Any posted news on this site or anysubj.com should be examimed critically. We live in a not so free world where information is controlled for the benefit of few. Considering medical news , or a forum to share experiences I think that is great. There is so much to gain. From doctor to doctor , patient to patient , and patient to doctor, and so on.. great advancements become known, as well as failures. there will allways be con artists.. by their fruits you will know them. In our world of cancel culture , blackballing , doxing, paid disruptors,agitators, and decieptful murderers ... The free flow of information is critical for our advancement and benefit.Those who repeat lies like "Trump reccomends ingesting bleach" will be known as partisan liars, and to their their fellow partisans ; another positive reinforcement acknowleged. For the uppity snobs here who just criticize, yet do not offer any uplifting insight , understanding, qualified rebuttal, or even superior information other than " I know better than you, because I'm better than you" ..The forums are still open to all comments. ...
Read more

+3

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,720 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series