This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,722 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

'News' links on the user pages to link to the news that 'They' (the User) posted (2182 views, 12 replies)

This topic has been closed.

expert
Report comment
(5y)

Could somebody be so kind as to enable the 'News' links on the user pages to link to the news that 'They' posted rather than the generic News link? <br> <br> While I appreciate the vote system for liked stories, I do not particularly benefit from globalist democracy. Democracy demands an informed electorate. Voters who lack adequate knowledge about politics will find it difficult to control public policy. Inadequate voter knowledge prevents government from reflecting the will of the people in any meaningful way. Such ignorance also raises doubts about democracy as a means of serving the interests of a majority. Voters who lack sufficient knowledge may be manipulated by elites. They may also demand policies that contravene their own interests. <br> <br> So - If 90% of voters indoctrinated by mainstream political views don't really have a clue what is going on anyway, why do they get priority over my personal and (dare I say) - more educated preferential choices? <br> <br> Ultimately this would save others and indeed myself hours of sorting through pages of BBC and The Sun propaganda / diversion headlines and get to the topics of real value to the existence of human kind, and easily find more valuable (IMHO) topics of interest, even though often less appreciated and buried. <br> <br> <br> <br> Thanks

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@WTF? They probably don't have a filter set up for sorting by uploader. Is it really important? If so...try suggesting it without the unrelated and random wall-of-text.

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

I understood the 1st line of that! Then i'm like W,T,F.

+8

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I used to have to break down legislation, policy, and other governmental jargon from long, mostly confusing and complicated pieces into smaller summaries for normal people to read and more easily digest (by normal, I mean academics who were too busy with themselves to want to try understanding it), and I have to say, I’m kind of saying WTF too, lol. I am a little rusty now, and I’m not getting paid to decipher the simple meaning of things that are also not all that interesting, to me, but I think he wants the link to go only to the articles and not to full pages of articles with click bait and unwanted videos just playing as you scroll. And the rest of it isn’t really necessary to understanding his (or her, pardon me) request. I think. <br> <br> Oh hell. WTF.😧

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I personally come to this site for videos of movies & t.v. shows. The music is a nice touch for those that are into it. If I wanted to learn the news that is occuring in the world, then I check out the local paper or turn channel 4 on. Love the site don't get me wrong, but it's just getting too muddled with material that has no real relation to what this site was designed for. Quality is being lost to consistent garbage. Contributors are appreciated but for crying out loud, 50 links to a video that is the same exact copy of a horrible capture. Sheesh!! Comments being placed just to boost their site status. I tried to be a social butterfly, but I didn't come here to spend hours on top of hours chatting or gossiping. I will however take part in forum threads that pertain to movies/t.v., with that all said. I will take a step down off my milk crate & watch another movie. If I'm wrong, please forgive me for my opinion. Cheers!! smiley

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@WEBHEAD🕸️ I like the news with they being so many world (overseas) stories, but i don't like the repeat stories that get posted now and again and the old (seen some a year old) stories do my head in. <br> What's your view on that and do you ever read any of them?

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Only if it pertains to movies, tv, actors/actresses. I come here to escape reality. Cheers <br>

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@WEBHEAD🕸️ Well at least you can use the filters for the stories that appeal to you i.e. Celebrities,Entertainment etc. smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@WEBHEAD🕸️ But our user base is growing. Some people just don't like changes.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Not sure if @WTF means this, but would it be " possible " to have: <br> <br> A drop down box (with a list of members names) next to " Most recent " where you can <br> click on a members name and view the News stories that they have posted in the last <br> 24hr and one where you can view all the stories that member has posted? <br> With there names in order (top to bottom) of the ones that have posted the most News stories. <br> <br> Anyone else like this idea? :) <br> <br>

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,722 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series