This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,901 reviews
122,481 films • 18,490 TV series

please stop arguing and fighting on the forum:cool off.Dr.Evil, help: (2018 views, 62 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(5y)

OK, smiley if people cannot connect without fighting,--and arguing on the Forum,I ask Dr. Evil to enforce"time out"on the Forum from connecting to each other.OK?Not banning--"time out to cool off."Who ever is trying to fight and argue with each other,I ask Dr. Evil get folks to cool off,stop posting for a while.--watch tv,movies, read news, but COOL OFF AND STAY APART.Do not post on Forum for a while.--go do other things everyone. smiley

I have an anger and arguing problem myself.When I get too upset,I gotta stop yelling,cussing,and putting energy into it.--CALM DOWN.all our fighting is not important enough to clash and give ourselves heart attacks,--and it can do that.Even if you have to force yerself, please try to channel it into cussing out the postman,Comcast,yer neighbors,Windows 10, AND RELAX. iN 50 TO A HUNDRED YEARS,NO ONE WILL CARE.or even next year.--or 5 years!!10, 20, or tomarrow.So I am asking Dr. Evil to please help by not new posts right now,on the forum.or however he can help--its up to Dr.Evil. ...
Read more

Hide 3 replies...

God
Report comment
(5y)

Sounds like half way to censorship. <br> Bottom line is, the people that started all this b**ching (which has been going on a long time) or to used to having there " OWN WAY " (here and in public i guess) and then started complaining when people just had enough and started throwing some of their own sh*t back at them. <br> <br> <br> <br>

+6

Hide 1 reply...

God
Report comment
(5y)

It's a film site. Cleverly worded bait-headlines meant to introduce personal/religious/political beliefs don't belong here. <br> <br> There are appropriate forums for it. <br> <br> I come here to chill and don't appreciate in being mislead into thinking something is one thing, and then experiencing re-purposed hate language of any degree here. <br> <br> I refuse to state my beliefs, but will point out the inconsistencies of the misleading headlines and chat therein. <br> <br> Other than loving all living creatures and yoga, I refrain from stating my beliefs, any of them, Full stop. <br> <br> Those who wish to chat about other "real life issues" for them should look for other venues. This site is privately owned and operated and is for films and shows. <br> <br> Chill out everyone. <br> <br> Peace and love. I'm out.

+14

Hide 1 reply...

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I have no problems with debating an issue. It's when people post videos or memes and think that it somehow proves their point. Lately, most of the videos posted in News aren't even news, but opinion hit pieces. <br> <br> In my opinion, if you can't explain the concept in your own words, then you don't really understand it. Constantly repeating others words just makes you look like a bunch of retarded parrots.

+18

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown There would be alot less opinion pieces if the legacy media would get away from it and back to actual news.

Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown A lot of those YouTube " video " stories or ones i've posted and i would class nearly (if not) all as news stories.

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I get my news elsewhere. I come here to relax and make friends. If I want news, I can get it somewhere else. Obscure news items? Sure, why not, but everyday hate and contention filled so called "news stories" are merely to get a reaction. I don't appreciate them in the least. I have more than enough of that 23 hours a day.

+11

Report comment
(5y)

@ I could do a long rant (getting sick of this) here, but i will just say this: <br> <br> You or going more and more to one side (your side). <br> <br> [SPOILER] <br> <br> reaction*? <br>

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 PV that's unnesessary and quite demeaning. Read below. Bondojoe and I chatted and it was refreshing. I never knew you disliked me so much. That makes me very sad. I am sorry for that. I am not "ranting", I am expressing a very earnest and heartfelt piece of gratitude. Please take the time to read it in it's entirety and stop using spoilers to run me down. <br> <br> Furthermore, I do not have "sides" I choose. I listen and consider everything everyone has to say. That is called skilled listening and it takes effort and the ability to not sit in judgment. I do not appreciate being judged especially considering you did not even read what I wrote to Bondojoe. <br> <br> Thank you in advance.

+11

Report comment
(5y)

@ No idea what you going on about, read your post. Now please read mine again (and your reply). <br> smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Respectfully, my friend, I'm done arguing with anyone about anything. <br> <br> I made an agreement with Joe to live and let live. I'm sticking to it. <br> <br> I wish you all the best!...but I will not endeavor to read this as it just perpetuates a situation that I'm happier without and I honestly have had a very hard day. <br> <br> I wish you much prosperity, joy and peace... and I really and truly mean every word of that. :)

+12

Report comment
(5y)

@ Platitudes from the Lord of the Flies? oh yeah, valuable stuff. RB you're a rarity that truly doesn't enable or enforce 'sides'... just media-site simplicity and peacefulness. Wish it worked... I hear ya. Stay the course!!

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@ I have an interest in facts. The truth. That's pretty much it for me. IF it's hearsay, a brainwashed mantra repeated, or just a personal insult, it doesn't interest me in the least. <br> <br> That being said, I did make a snide comment or two when my patience was exhausted, which I regretted. WIsh we had a ' sorry :/ delete my comment' function on here when that happens.

+10

Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown Totally agree with you. Puppets.

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

<br> <br> <br> I'm sorry-couldn't resist, lol ;) :)

+8

senior guru

Just don't feed the trolls. <br> Ignore/don't comment on posts/threads that have content you don't like/want to see. <br> <br> Result. <br> <br> <br> <br>

+4

Hide 11 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Define "Trolls" <br> <br> It seems to me that anyone willing to speak a different opinion from someone else is dubbed a troll regardless if they are offering the reality of a situation or not. <br> <br> That statement cuts both ways and if people aren't willing (or able) to engage in civil discourse then the entire system will break down which sadly is the direction the world is headed in at the moment. <br> <br> The fact that people willingly choose to be ignorant of what is really happening, preferring to not read something because they don't like it is another problem. If we are not willing to read outside of our little bubbles we will never actually learn anything. <br> <br> Finally, self-censorship is a cancer of the PC culture plain and simple. <br> <br> No I'm not attacking you but offering feedback on your comment.

+4

@Azishael was just going to leave that there...but...as you asked. <br> In the context of my comment by "troll" I mean anyone whose comment the reader feels is argumentative, inflammatory, offensive, intended to cause argument, and if replying to it is likely to provoke further argument. <br> <br> Of course this is all matter of perception by the reader (to some degree anyway) since what is regarded as being any of the above does depend on who is reading it. <br> <br> Choosing to ignore a comment written on an internet forum, or not involve yourself in petty squabbling isn't really likely to affect a person's chances of gaining knowledge. <br> But it might stop them from getting worked up over something that in the grand scheme of things, and all the bigger issues facing individuals and the world today, is really not worth the time it takes to type a response.

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ That's a fair statement.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Errrm ya....what she said 😁

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Excellent idea which I now intend to employ 100%. I'm also sick of people saying that they are being trolled when they are actually the ones doing it. Due to the "time stamp" on this site, it's quite evident who trolls whom. <br> <br> Gorgeous bird, by the way. Thank you.

+10

@ Some live in a delusional world. They're mean, manipulative and vindictive to people and then flip the script, lie and play victim when you finally grow tired of their crap and bite back. like you said... Time stamps don't lie. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things though. The only people who care to devote that kind of time and energy worrying about it are the liars that have to constantly maintain the lie and facade they've created, not us.

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@◦•●◉✿♡Momof3αηgєℓѕ♡✿◉●•◦ Agreed. I've been Oh so nicely (haha) told "bless your heart" multiple times... It's not clever and certainly not a well wish. It's actually meant as an insult but because it's so juvenile in its consistently hateful use I feel incredibly sorry for their transparent hatred. It's disgusting and a perfect example of outright and inappropriate disdain and jealousy. It's so overused by this person it has lost all meaning to me. Truly a sad individual. :(

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Excellent idea which I now intend to employ 100%. I'm also sick of people saying that they are being trolled when they are actually the ones doing it. Due to the "time stamp" on this site, it's quite evident who trolls whom. <br> <br> Gorgeous bird, by the way. Thank you.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ This should be at the top of this thread, Janerosity, never were truer words ever tpyped. Thank you.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Their sadly isn't a forum/comments section/social media site where arguing and being plain nasty doesn't exist. Best thing ignore it completely. You are in charge. I live my life with my motto....wake up, be kind, go to bed ♥️

+9

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Joe1975 Brilliant motto. I hope you don't mind me borrowing it? Thanks for the idea. :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ Sure,borrow it and live by it😀

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

People have stopped voting on the news , and on any article, and are voting on whether or not they LIKE the person. They are voting on personality. If they DO vote on the news, it's not difficult. Either you like it, or you don't. If you don't, you can ignore it. or leave a post EXPLAINING why you don't like it. But don't try to take away my RIGHT to post it. There are Forums for EVERYTHING! And one for "offtopic" that covers things that may come up that no one had previously thought about. This is NOT just a movie site. It is a news site...ANY news. Not just news that YOU approve of. It is also a social site. The Forum proves it. The RULES prove it. This discussion proves it. People are getting together in gangs and attacking people that they don't like. We know who they are. They want everything to be their way, or the highway. Will this site be one of personal freedoms, or gangs?

+2

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Great " on the mark " post. smiley smiley smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I merely post things about nature and natural disasters. I strongly veer away from anything politically motivated or anything that pontificates to others on their choices. It's none of my business. I don't reckon anyone would want to be in any "gang" I'm a member of. As a matter of fact, I'm quite the loner. I believe you and I discussed this to a cerain extent and reached a meeting of minds, which I for one, am grateful for, so thank you for extending your gracious attitude of treating me like a human being and for finding a common ground between us. Long may it stand. :)

+11

Report comment
(5y)

@ I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Me, too. And I hope and wish you well and all the best life has to offer. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I merely post things about nature and natural disasters. I strongly veer away from anything politically motivated or anything that pontificates to others on their choices. It's none of my business.

+9

Report comment
(5y)

@ What you post is up to you. I like to post political things, because that is where the changes in the world occur. I would be happy not to post ANYTHING political. but people bash the president all of the time, and I feel like, as an American, I should support him. A lot of the bashing is coming from people that don't even live in America. Europe has troubles enough of it's own. They have their OWN leaders they can bash! LOL!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe We certainly do! We are chock full of liars and money thieves. We've got our hands empty because our politicians have their pockets full of our lolly!

+4

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I agree with quite a lot of what you said Bondojoe, I personally try not to down vote just because I don't like someone but more on if I have a strong feeling about the post itself. I find it easier (when not in a heated debate especially, lol ;) ) to not vote at all. Sometimes on the threads, people may see or perceive that one person commenting is getting a 'raw deal' from more than one person and jump in to defend them and things escalate, can be done with the best of intentions but, at times, get out of control :)

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@LissaDarkmoon🌘 I'm sorry that I offended you in some way. It was not intemtional. Please accept my apology.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Thank-you, that means a lot and for what it is worth, I apologise for anything that may have offended you too. I hate arguing on here and you are absolutely right about the freedom to discuss whatever you want in an 'off topic' forum, it was a great idea for a thread and some really interesting points have been discussed in there. I just get a little sensitive at times and my mouth runs off if I feel I am being ridiculed and for that I am sorry and will try to grow a pair, lol ;) :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@LissaDarkmoon🌘 Nice from the pair of you, need more of. smiley smiley smiley

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@captainhowdey LOL!!! :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@captainhowdey That's great!!

master
Report comment
(5y)

Loving and advocating the heavy use of block feature. Such that the disagreeables who spew can be uber-exclusive to their own Lord of the Flies clique, and frantically agree with each other... alone. <br> ENJOY THAT BLOCK BUTTON PEACEKEEPERS smiley

+6

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) Being most of what you post towards me is aggressive and hard to understand, would you please block me. Or just don't reply to my post, thanks. smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 ......LoL!

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 You are too dimly lit to be spoken to PV... you are being spoken about. But since you spew'd: Please DO take care of yourself and get a grip on your block button to turn off any undecipherable intellect that triggers your whiny tirades. Yeah, that'd be Great thx... smiley

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) bye,bye

Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) I am totally in agreement. <br> Being able to block those who believe insults are cogent comments is a peacekeeping tool~ :))

+6

guru
Report comment
(5y)

<br> <br> Apologies again for picture but this is getting old now, lol ;) :) <br>

God
Report comment
(5y)

Not stopping you coming back. ;)

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Can't we all just agree that my dad's bigger than your dad - and move on?

+6

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Well you put all this in the right age group...lol <br> Funny Girl!

+3

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

At least members are no longer leaving these typed of comments under movies/tv shows and keeping it in the proper Forum Threads where it belongs. I have no issues with what people decide to post or argue over as it's a choice to reply and ignore Forum Threads. When it is under movie/tv comments, that's a whole other story. I tried to address this in the past but only the trolls showed up to reply and I learned then what certain members were about. I now either utilize the new updated Block feature, which works wonders or I simple ignore and do not engage with the nonsense. <br> <br> Now if we were to have a proper debate using the rules of a debate, then I would happily join in. Insulting each other is all I see and no real intellectual, mature discussions or proper debates occur to my observations. <br> <br> However, with all that said, I still would not try and tell people what to say on here as long as they are following two-movies Terms Of Service TOS which every member should take a moment to read. ...
Read more

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Well presented.

master
Report comment
(5y)

I honestly didn't realize the forum was up in arms....duh.

+3

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,901 reviews • 122,481 films • 18,490 TV series