This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,645 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

How to use Block, Report, Spam and Direct Link (1212 views, 15 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Block, Report, Spam and Direct Link functions.

**Moderators and Admin rely on these functions to help us keep the site a friendly place for all the members**

Moderators and Admin ONLY get involved with potential TOS violations.

TOS violations are up to a moderators discretion to deal with.

If you are having personality issues with another member, please use the BLOCK function.
(Note all their posts will become invisible to you. Logging out to view the blocked members posts nullifies the BLOCK feature usefulness, and will not be addressed)

On the member's profile, under the "More..." drop down menu, choose BLOCK.

To report a member for possible TOS violations, etc. (not personality issues), under the "More..." drop down menu choose REPORT.

Read more

+5

God
Report comment
(5y)

Very informative, thank you!

+4

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Agreed. Thanks for sorting this out!

+4

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I clicked hoping to learn how to spam. I'm slightly disappointed. 🤨

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale LOL that's another "tutorial"....shhhhh! smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@ Copy comment URL & Report Spam needs an update already lol.

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Haha that was done today, as I'm sure you're aware.

It's the same, but 3 dots to right click that present a drop down menu with both selections to chose from.

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

The "Report" Member feature is important to the site in maintaining site integrity.

If a member is continually writing unintelligible comments, inflammatory comments, or is copy and pasting IMDB information PLEASE UTILIZE this feature so we know.

IMDB copy and paste HURT the site. They bring DMCA down in the site and this is one reason for domain changes.

We need ORIGINAL content on the site to keep it running and active.

Use the "Report" feature to help us help our members.

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ "If a member is continually writing unintelligible comments, inflammatory comments...."

Please forgive my misplaced sense of humor, but that report function must be on fire then smiley

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd Actually, no.

Members don't understand the use of the report functions and write PMs.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Thank you RAVENOUSbird, for posting and showing this. I never -intentionally- go to anyone’s page because I’m afraid of looking creepy, so I hadn’t noticed those buttons before. You’re always so helpful. 🌺🌺☘️☘️

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ditzygypsy You're very welcome. I just wrote it up because I've gotten a lot inquiries about these subjects.

We really do rely on the members to help us keep the site a friendly and safe place.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

(This link is also posted on my wall.)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ditzygypsy smiley smiley smiley I just realised I might be the biggest creep in here. I visit other people's profiles to see if I am talking to a man or woman, a teen or an old fart like me, an American or a brit.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd Ok now that’s kind of funny for you to happen to mention that, because on another site, I used to read your posts and wonder -just from your screen name- if you were a man or a woman, and I was too chicken to look! I’m going to try to be less chicken from now on! Thank you for sharing that.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@ditzygypsy You are very welcome. For me at least, when I am arguing a point or even the much more rare event, when I am debating, I need to know some basic information that will determine my angle of approach and the line of argumentation that I will use. As this isn't a dating site, I presumed that the possibility of being apprehended as a stalker would be at a minimum smiley

God
Report comment
(5y)

UPDATE 20 APRIL 2019

DIRECT LINK now known as "Copy Comment URL"

And

SPAM

Have been updated.

They are now 3 dots to right click that present a drop down menu with (both) selections to chose from.

+4

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,645 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series