This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,394 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

How to show or hide (block) updates on Windows 10 and 11 using the Microsoft "Wushowhide" tool (336 views, 5 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(1y)

Does anyone use this (first i've heard of it), is it worth downloading? smiley

Wushowhide, also known as the Windows Show or Hide Updates tool, is a troubleshooting utility created by Microsoft for Windows devices that allows you to show or hide (block) any Windows Updates, especially updates that are causing issues:

How to block Windows updates (2 ways)
www.digitalcitizen.life/how-bloc...

master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

from experience not updating windows can severely mess up your computer in fact it can cause so much damage that you will one day go to restart it and it will not work anymore. Bad Idea imo

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Absolutely. Recommending to not update is tantamount to destroying your pc.

Unless you have a coding expert at your disposal, don't listen to this absurd advise.

There are ways around updates to configure them.

They don't have to be automatic. Any PC/laptop user can CHOSE their updates.

A major update is necessary to keep they system running.

Otherwise, change your operating system.

Another fail from the author of the thread that will cause catastrophic problems in the future.

+1

@DontSpeak I love the words you chose. You have a way of explaining yourself so eloquently. My first computer did not automatically update or inform me when updates were available. That was how I found out not updating can kill a pc. I've gone through a few computers do to trial and error. When I saw this post I just had to say something. Just because there is a tool or app available in the cyber world does not mean it's a good idea. People will make money off of peoples misery with not a second thought.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Precisely.

Watch out for the backlash now for saying anything that doesn't support this poster. {{{{eyeroll}}}}

+1

@DontSpeak yes I am very aware. However I would feel horrible if users on this site took this advice and totaled their computers. I'm a big girl I can take it. Hehehehe

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,394 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series