This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,647 reviews
122,377 films • 18,475 TV series

Do you usually read reviews? (683 views, 22 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(3y)

Do you usually read reviews before watching a movie? smiley

+2

guru
Report comment
(3y)

Sometimes I do. But even if the review trashed the film I will still watch it. Because some of my favourites are not highly rated at all. smiley

+2

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

I used to, especially if the review was written by a reliable reviewer. I usually find MOM, Teeny, ❤️cєlєstє🌖mσσn❤️ and Buttless to be my go to critics (to choose and to avoid) although I am not always into the types of genres they like.

Lately I have been going into films/series without any research and I find it more surprising as there is no expectations and if I am not hooked in the first 15-20 minutes, I give up as life is short and there is always something better to see/do.

Caio.

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

@..box.. Thank you! smiley

I never knew people actually listen to me. lol

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@❤️cєlєstє🌖mσσn❤️ More than you know. Keep up the good work.

+2

master
Report comment
(3y)

I always read any reviews, but if I want to watch something I will anyway.
I have enjoyed some films that are poorly rated, so like to decide for myself.

+2

God
Report comment
(3y)

Sometimes. It was depends on the movie.

+2

guru
Report comment
(3y)

Definitely! While some need sorted! There are some trustworthy members who I
respect. I've encountered many that are nonsense, members are 'fighting ' etc.
I mostly rely on IMDB at this time.
The 'similar' movies is all out of whack lol
As well as 'similar' shows.
In my experience GOT, super natural, Vikings etc will show either that or random cartoons from 1930 something.
The TAGS are fun, even funny.
smiley smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

I read the new reviews on the home page and have found interesting movies I would not normally come across. Like some of the shorts and classics.
Some reviewers I avoid because they have different tastes or write crap, but maybe they think the same about my ramblings.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3y)

@Buttless hey, I can write 'crap' on here without being censored by a bot, why not on the reviews?

+1

master
Report comment
(3y)

I rarely read 'reviews' here because the opinions posted tend to reflect 'points earned' rather than emphatic viewing. Nor do I seek anyones opinion to choose what I watch; e.s.p.e.c.i.a.l.l.y at DoseMoobz.

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

I do and as Boxie i'm searching for users that our taste is close

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(3y)

Everyday

+1

master
Report comment
(3y)

YES I DO! Especially now through pandemic when good movies i haven`t watched yet got scarse, i found many reviews especially by these users helpful:
HALL OF FAME:
Teeny💋 is a goldmine. I sometimes just grabbed her last review and if "Teeny approved" it was always a hit. smiley i love this user smiley

druiddude writes excellent reviews and i would not be surprised if he makes a living with writing. EXCELLENT style and humor.

MOM, ❤️cєlєstє🌖mσσn❤️, 😷.box.😷 and Buttless are gold standard

and many others that i forget now (sorry)

I usually look at IMDB rating, if thats under 6 a good review might change my mind.

+6

Hide 1 reply...

@Adrian∞ Thank you! smiley

I try my best!

+1

God
Report comment
(3y)

Most of the time, yes.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(3y)

On sites like this? Yes. From movie "critics" from mainstream media? No.
I like to read the users reviews because for the most part they're just looking to have fun/be entertained. Although, as of late I've noticed that this sites review section to each movie is becoming more like your average YT reply thread instead of talking about the movie itself.
Isn't there some code of conduct about how these movie review sections are supposed to be handled?

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3y)

@Kardue i don't know how much they care about fixing this issue but you have my vote smiley i don't see anything like it on imdb, only a basic rating system for people who found a review helpful (or not) - and no reviews of the reviews, or comments on anything else.
frankly i think we should just appreciate the resource of links still provided on this site while it lasts and try not to become part of the problem ourselves.

+2

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

I did after I watched the movie

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(2y)

Yes.I like to,just to see what others on here have to say.The reviews are helpful and interesting.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,647 reviews • 122,377 films • 18,475 TV series