This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,718 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

to the person who's screwed up the rating system (980 views, 22 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(5y)

this is to that one person who has gone through and given movies 5 stars when they're horrible movies, but it puts them in front of better movies with real ratings from before this fool started the rating game..
You are a cacapoopoohead
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

+5

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@WhirledPeas I see what you mean, it is messed up. I use the rating system sometimes too. And there is no way that all these cheeseball movies are 5 stars. It's unfortunate that some greedy linker is trying to get money views by screwing it up. Dr.Evil can't you see who is doing it and warn them not to fake rate! I just looked and every single new movie has 5 stars. I mean come on, a hallmark movie just listed has 5 stars I don't think so.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams Someone rated a lot of old movies as 10/10. We can rate them 1/10 and they will go down. The problem that those movies receive not so many views and users don't rate them.

Report comment
(5y)

I'm afraid by posting this you are just encouraging others to do the same...

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@hamaham or,, they too like the rating system and also dislike the stupid behavior..

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Use imdb rating instead or sort by views

+7

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil lol Was going to post that.

+3

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Ratings are nothing more than a persons personal opinion just like the comments are. Critics that rate movies, I hate to say do the same, it is their opinion of a movie nothing more nothing less. Some I agree with some I do not. I have seen movies rated high I felt did not deserve such a rating and low rated movies I felt deserved much higher ratings. Just enjoy the site and the movies you pick to watch, rate them as you see fit as others do and move on to the next.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@honeyangel1962 So true, it's just another indicator that may be useless.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

ok,, what you seem to miss is that I like the rating system and Honeyangel, d'oh, of course that happens (kindof obvious right?) but when I want to look up a good horror movie by ratings, I end up with one jackasses opinion because no one else has seen the newly listed movies so they shouldn't have any rating at all,, instead the person listing them (one person) is going through and giving them all 5 stars.. so every new stupid movie comes up before anything else... I shouldn't have to open a movie to look up IMDB for the ratings they have,, THIS SITE has a movie rating system and I am calling the ONE person who lists movies and gives them 5 stars, a cacapoopoohead.. <br> <br>

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@WhirledPeas for 5 years I've been using the rating system,, and now in the last couple weeks, someone is doing what I described <br>

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@WhirledPeas Oh it wasn't missed at all, we all got that you like the rating system and base what movies to watch on said system unlike most who read the plot of the movie to make the choice of watching it or not instead of other peoples opinion.

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Rating system is broken for me, 5 stars is 2.5. I just gave License to Drive 5 stars and it went from 7/10 to 5.8

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Nopey 5 full stars? Or 5 half stars?

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Yea 5 full stars, whatever i rate is halfed.

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Actually Rating system is a really complex thing. Check this out: <br> <br> <br>

+4

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil what this ? you selling kitchen wares now ? smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@∞Aces∞ Amazon :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil glad it isn't alibaba :D

+2

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

This sucks. I only rate movies I think are a 3 or above and usually forget smiley . But I do often look for shows and movies by rating and so this is really dumb. I will remind myself to rate shows after watching to try and get some honest reviews on there.

master
Report comment
(5y)

I would do as Dr. Evil suggested above and list them by IMDB instead of rating. You will get a better reflection of which movies are better. I learned that a long time ago even before whatever is happening started. The rating system here is messed up. I've rated movies 5 stars (10/10) and had the rating go down after. Idk why...

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks The rating system is ok, and was created 10 years ago. The problem is with number of rates by users. We need at least 10 rates per movie. I checked some random movies and it worked as it should. I believe that could happen on some individual movies.

+1

admin
Report comment
(5y)

We fixed this issue and found a user who screwed it up: dosmovies.com/user/Johnnylane/....

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,718 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series