This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,707 reviews
122,388 films • 18,477 TV series

Going to Back to The Demimonde – PENNY DREADFUL Returns! Penny Dreadful lovers, rejoice! Showtime’s iconic Victorian gothic series is coming back. (971 views, 10 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

nofspodcast.com/penny-dreadful-c...

Penny Dreadful lovers, rejoice! Showtime’s iconic Victorian gothic series is coming back. However, this time, the show will be set in central Los Angeles in 1938. The only bummer: Eva Green won’t be returning to the show. Instead of the world of Victorian London, Penny Dreadful: City of Angels will be steeped in Mexican-American folklore. The spinoff will focus specifically on the deity of Santa Muerte, as well as the Devil. Showtime promises a show that combines the supernatural with a tense, social reality that wasn’t present in the original series.

In Showtime’s press release, creator, writer, and executive producer John Logan said, “Penny Dreadful: City of Angels will have a social consciousness and historical awareness that we chose not to explore in the Penny Dreadful London storylines. We will now be grappling with specific historical and real world political, religious, social and racial issues. ...
Read more

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

It SOUNDS interestiung...but will have to be spectacular, to overcome the loss of Eva Green.

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

Only time will tell if the new one is any good.

Penny Dreadful was an amazing and one of a kind series.

I miss it.

Thanks very much for the information.

www.imdb.com/news/ni62266955?ref...

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@ i say the same thing friend penny was one of a kind eva green is not even in this,i hope it will be great in another way.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

[SPOILER]

God
Report comment
(5y)

I am so glad! I loved that show. I also thought they left it too open to have just ended the series. Thanks for the update. smiley

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Still, without Eva Green... I hope it's as masterful!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 teeny you again dear,lol we love the samestuff i,m stoked to see this news i hope they can overcome the loss of eva.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@swans2525 Great minds watch the same things too 💋

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

Hmmm...I'll give it a shot but like everyone else I'm gonna miss Eva Green. She MADE the whole show what it was.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

I'm not convinced after reading John Logan's spiel. The grim dark is my favourite form of fiction which by its very nature is based in an unreality devoid of any social conscience or restraint. -GC

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,707 reviews • 122,388 films • 18,477 TV series