This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,383 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

remember the end of film but don't recall the title; 80s family scifi (644 views, 7 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

well, the main character a teen male comes out of his home in the suburbs, his family is preparing to leave Earth, the sky shows some spaceships and looks over at a neighbor to see his female, I think she had a perm and wore glasses, friend or romantic interest that is revealed to be leaving too.

I only have vague memories of the plot but I think it was in the same vein as Teen Wolf or My Best Friend is A Vampire... comedic with fantasy or scifi elements within ... but the end is more the plot twist of being an alien than it being known thru the film.

+3

God
Report comment
(4y)

The only syfy from that time period that comes to mind is Night if the comet. It doesn't have that same plot more with aliens taking over it humans infected by the comet and killing... Something like that! It was a long time ago...lol. I will keep thinking on this if no one guesses it.
Teeny💋

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Doin' Time on Planet Earth (1988). I never seen it myself. But maybe that's it.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

how about the last starfighter www.imdb.com/list/ls058691910/ is a link to 100 80s sci fi movies

+3

top expert
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

80s family sci-fi teens leave Earth: Earth Star Voyager
family sci-fi teen male with girl next door love interest: honey I shrunk the kids

Hmm... now I want to watch Total Recall. Thanks a lot!

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@nixonaddict unfortunately, it isn't... but it's at least one I hadn't heard of. (Earth Star Voyager)

I had asked on reddit a while back, too. Some people (mostly canadians) claim to recall the same end but couldn't name it either. The consensus thought it was probably a tv movie or is locked in the disney vaults as Disney bought up a great many small studio productions during the 60s, 70s and 80s (much to the dismay of many people with vague recollections of other films) but the original films have never been released to home video.

It took place on Earth and during the 1980s.. was a stereotypical teen in surburbia film with no raunch or violence nor slapstick. geeky boy (15-18?) has crush on popular girl but discovers he is more compatible with a nerdy girl. the fantasy elements like many of the era being a metaphor for puberty or coming of age.

kind of a sleeper comedy. . . maybe more akin to not quite human or the boy who could fly.
Read more

+2

top expert

God
Report comment
(4y)

www.windows2universe.org/art_and...
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_...
Maybe those lists will help the only others I could think of from 80's were
Explorers
D.a.r.y.l and
Last starfighter
I hope you find it there is nothing worse than not remembering a name of a movie. I've had mmt fair share of these forums too
Teeny💋

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,383 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series