This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,643 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

courgette spagetty with tomato sauce and chicken filets (1405 views, 76 replies)

This topic has been closed.

expert
Report comment
(6y)

- Chopped half an onion, and put some olive oil and garlic on a pan <br> - chopped one tomato, and add it to the onion and olive oil <br> - add some water, a chicken cub and let it boil <br> - added the zuchinni spagetti <br> <br> on a frying pan, put a bit of olive oil and garlic. added the chicken stakes, put some salt and pepper <br>

+1

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Sounds tasty but... Pics? :)

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil She's been having trouble with putting pics up. :(

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Hi, Dr. Evil, I'm going to try to add pics, I'm having trouble loading them, most of the time, the post appears, but empty, other times the message appears, like if it's charging, but the image never seems to be readdy.. are the lower ranks in any pic rectrictions? Thanks for your reply :)

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Hope you enjoyed it, sounds good and with all that garlic yum. :)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Hi, It was awesome, I was craving pasta, and it really made me satisfied.. yesterday I made it again...lol.. still had some chicken left overs, and tomato sauce as well. I'm going to try and upload the pics now... :)

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 And in portuguese cuisine, we use tons of garlic, olive oil, coriander, parsley, pepper... :) <br>

guru
Report comment
(6y)

Suggestion. Rinse and pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, crush the garlic into a paste and mix in the salt and fresh black pepper. Spread over the chicken half an hour before frying... mmm!

+2

Hide 24 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted Hi, That's an awesome idea, Thanks.. I used to use a garlic alreaddy made paste, but the flavour wasn't that natural (too much aditives added).. I make tons of chicken steaks, I'll try the squashed garlic next time... I bough some more zuchinni spaguetti, and bought a garlic thingy to squach the garlic without having my hand with that smell...lol.. Thanks for your reply :)

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 You're welcome :-) <br> I used to be a chef, the usual way of working garlic was to crush it, add a good pinch of sea salt and work the blade of your knife back and forth across the mixture. The salt acts like a grinder and breaks up the garlic as it dissolves into it... yummy paste.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted I had no idea.. I'm definitly going to try it.. i like pork with just salt and garlic (thin slices of pork, what we call "bifanas" here, and then grilled... what anoys me in garlic, onion, fish and meat is the after smell on our hans, I don't like to use gloves, and I usually put lemon and vinneger on my hands, but i can still feel the smel. Yesterday I could still feel a pinch of garlic in my hands, hate it... I have to try and get used to thin gloves :)

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Forget the gloves... just begin to love garlic more :D When I was in France a while back an olld lady said to me "the more garlic you use, the less you notice the smell". I agree with her. Lemon juice and parsley should break up the smell. <br>

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted I don't mind the smell, but I hate walking and instead of someone thinking "nice perfume", or "smells like someone who has just left the shower", people would think: where's that garlic smell coming, or "I feel like having a lunch filled with garlic"... lol... I love to cook, but my limit is smell like a meal... lol <br>

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 That made me laugh, but I know what you mean. <br> I'm too old to worry about things like that Ana. Even though I gave up working in kitchens a long time ago I still wear a perfume which is a mixture of Aramis and good cooking ingredients. My friends don't mind 'cos they know they get well fed when they visit me.

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted I think I'm traumatized... I used the public buses, and sometimes, before 7 am, there are people smelling like meat, garlic, fried things... (and sometimes even worse, like sweat)... It always made me mad, I wake up at 5 am to shower... I think because of that experience, I feel self aware when I feel some smell in my hands.. for instance, today I threw a bit of cheese in the garbage (i think it was spoilled), I've washed my hands several times, stick my fingers inside a lemon, and still feel a bit of the smell.. maibe i'm just paranoid...lol

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 yuk! If they smell like that I'm guessing that, unlike you, they didn't use the shower that morning ~ take a different bus!

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted our public buses sistem is not very good, on the suburbs... sometimes to catch a different one, we have to take a half an hour, and after 7 am they come full... I'm leaving my home earlier to catch some less crowded... But it bothers me a litthe... :) my brother was also a chef (till 1 year ago), there in the UK :)

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Cool ( brother, not buses ). Where was he working? <br>

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted He worked at trooper's in, and in Bedale's school, in Petersfield...

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 I don't know it but it looks very nice. <br> It is close to Portsmouth ( where I was born ). Next time I'm down that way I'll give it a try. <br> The reason you might be having trouble uploading images is 'cos the site is very busy at the moment... even posting replies is taking forever.

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted I like'd the troopers, bedales is like a high class college (mick jagger's god son, etc).. ps: if you want to read something funny about cooking, in the link I'm putting here (codfish carpaccio), in a reply after the recipe, read the egg story...lol... dosmovies.com/forum/thread/Codfish-carpa.... <br>

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 I can imagine it :) <br> First time I used a microwave it was because someone told me they cook eggs really quickly... don't know if it was a wind up or not but they forgot to tell me to pierce the yolk. Very artistic mess! Since that time I only ever use the things for vegetables.

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted *** Forget the gloves... just begin to love garlic more*** <br> Tickled me that. smiley

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 It's true... honest Guv! <br> I worked in France for years and everyone smelt of tobacco and garlic... after a while you don't even notice it.

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted I smoke, but I always smoke outside, and with my hair in a pony tail, to make sure I catch the littles't smell possible..lol.. <br>

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted By the way, if someone has been eating garlic they can breath on me all day, having said that you do get people like that (couple times in the past) sometimes, they could just eat a few mints as respect to others but i am talking about people that smell like they just ate the garlic and left the meal lol.

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 I rub a small amount of oil in to my hands before working with garlic as this really helps to remove the smell of garlic from your hands when you wash them plus it leaves you with soft hands ;)

Report comment
(6y)

@payno payno, frying oil, vegetable oil or baby oil? lol

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 yep I should of said any cooking oil lol

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 You used garlic paste smiley shame on you, i tried & stopped buying that crap a long time back, it's to weak and without going on the net, i say a lot of the ingredients is """ sugar """ , so you gotta bulb and press now, you will taste the difference...pints of water at hand lol. <br> <br> Really did enjoy reading that, you will have me cooking something good with pasta + garlic in it yet, never tried making fresh tomato (caught mi eye that) sauce before, nothing like a challenge, glad you enjoyed. smiley smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 I said I used to...lol.. this time, real garlic...lol... sliced thin. I'm going to use Mr. Gallanted's advice, and make my own garlic paste :) Ps: this time, I can't even load 1 pic :(

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 A friend of mine makes the fresh really mature tomatos, a bit of garlic, olive oil, salt, and a cofee spoon of sugar (to take a bit of the acidity - forgot that, I always add a cofee spoon of sugar), put everything in the blender, and then put the mix in an ice cube tray.. ahen she wants to make pasta, she takes a few squares and just trow them in the pan

expert
Report comment
(6y)

ps: I have the pics, and still can't load them smiley smiley smiley <br>

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Sorry to hear that, nothing to do with you still wiping the tomato sauce of the wall then lol, just joking. ;)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 You wish you could cook as well as I do...lol.... but accidents happen... but no, Just the blown egg of the walls, and I haven't been finding egg pieces in a few weeks...lol...

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Yes i do wish i could cook like that (time and effort like), when i read you recipe all i was saying to myself is, i would like that with slices of pork loin. :)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 I don't cook as often as I would like, I spend too much time out.. and what I really like to cook is deserts, wich I can do even less (otherwise I wouldn't be able to fit in a door)...lol... but really, I have to keep track of my food habits to not to gain weight, but what I love to do is cakes and deserts :) ps: were u able to check the fb picks i sent u the other day?

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Just this one, can you see it are is it still loading? <br> <br> smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 It's working great now... thank you both :) <br>

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 ps: just had a hake pudding, one of this days I'll post the recipe.. it's awesome, I don't eat hake unless it's cooked like this... it's basicly a pudding made from boiled, deboned and skinless have, tomato sauce, fresh tomato, eggs, salt pepper and other Herbs... You reduce everything to a paste, put in a bake pan, and go to the oven. it can take some mayo all arround, or simple, it's accompanied with boiled and raw veggies and shrimp <br>

admin
Report comment
(6y)

<br> <br> 1) Upload an image <br> 2) Edit post and add desired text

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Ana is having trouble viewing and posting pics. :(

admin
Report comment
(6y)

Uploading fixed, pic size was too large

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil thank you so much, DRevil :) <br>

expert
Report comment
(6y)

+1

expert
Report comment
(6y)

+1

expert
Report comment
(6y)

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 mmmm green n white worms in red sauce my favourite yum yum smiley smiley smiley smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@payno Pyno, I couldn't find larvae... those are my favourute lool :D :D

+1

expert
Report comment
(6y)

+1

Hide 13 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Nice one, can see smiley your pics smiley no prob, is that pork? ;)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 chicken breast sliced thin :)

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Damn, you made that look nice. ;)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 I was trying to put a picture to pm you, but it's not possible.. i'll post here a pic of my favourite cake, and then deleted it cause it has nothing to do with the post. Warn me when u see it so i can delete it :)

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 it's reddish cause it takes a bit of pepper power as well as black pepper, salt and garlic

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 **pepper power** LsmileyL No the shape looks really good/nice.

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 powder...lol... the d slipped

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 *Power* Thought you were being humorous lol.

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 lol... no, just bad grammar :) see the cake below

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 It was for easter...lol... that what I like to make... :) now only for our birtdays, the normal birthday cakes, and then just for christmas :( sniffff

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 the filling and the top cream alone it's like 3000 cals (and it's the light version)... most of it sugar :(

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 see the last pic ;-)

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Yes. smiley :)

+1

guru
Report comment
(6y)

guru
Report comment
(6y)

Ana, forgot to show you this... that thing in the image above. Brilliant little device that a friend in Italy sent me a while back... little ceramic plate with a grating surface for mashing garlic. <br> Annoyingly enough I wanted to buy one for everyone I know but when I was in Italy last August the shop where she bought it didn't have any left, and couldn't recall where the stock had been bought from??? They were probably made in China, but what a great little thing.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted message below

expert
Report comment
(6y)

Hi Gallant, mine is similar to this... I never saw the plate one...lol... I'll look it up, there's tons of chinese items with this kinds of stuff... I'm looking for a zuchinni spiralizer, so that I can make my own spaguetti :) Thanks <br> <br> <br>

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 They are great but horrible to wash :D

God
Report comment
(6y)

Below is a " fancy " version of two very little (cheap) box graters i have but never use. <br> <br> <br> <br> Here's one for you ana. smiley smiley <br> <br> smiley

guru
Report comment
(6y)

Here's one for us all... a kid wakes up full of life and sleepy stuff and has to live with the idea that he is "Mick Jaggers God Child"... WTF does that start to take reality? <br> And the school encourage it ~ When your sitting there...( Little Susie )

guru
Report comment
(6y)

I was going to knock Bedales School for the midnight rambler, but the fact it is isn't... it's a nice school/

expert
Report comment
(6y)

<br> <br> My ultra modern machine for garlic squishing....lol <br> <br> pt.depositphotos.com/67833855/st... <br> <br>

God
Report comment
(6y)

You will love this and check some of the comments out lol. smiley smiley <br> <br> www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d3oc24f... smiley

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 lol.. specially loved when someone said he's gonna try with eggs...lol <br> I would try that... with 2 housekeepers with vacuum cleaners readdy to go...lol

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Have put a single piece of garlic in the microwave for 20-30 secs yet, then taste/eat it lol.

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 I'll try that when i'm sure i don't need to step out of my house for an intire week...lol

Report comment
(6y)

@ana1976🐞 Have you used any garlic of late? :)

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,643 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series