This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,742 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

Alabama White BBQ Sauce (765 views, 2 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

<br> <br> Alabama State Song <br> <br> Alabama , U.S.A., is considered the center of America's south and has the nickname "The Heart of Dixie". It's somewhat unique in that it not only is the center of the south but also borders the Gulf of Mexico, giving it a diverse culinary profile. <br> <br> One of Alabama's most famous foods is its white barbecue sauce. This sauce is different from most other bbq sauces because it's made from mayonnaise rather than tomato sauce. It's spicy and tangy with cayenne pepper and vinegar added in, and just a hint of sweetness. <br> <br> This incredibly easy-to-make Alabama white barbecue sauce was invented in 1925 by Robert 'Big Bob' Gibson at Big Bob Gibson's Bar-B-Q restaurant, in Decatur. This is a devastatingly delicious marinade, basting sauce, and dipping sauce as well as an excellent, condiment for topping pulled <br> pork, chicken and beef sandwiches. ...
Read more

expert
Report comment
(6y)

@caseyanne I saw this and had to check it out to see WTH? I've been grilling since I was a kid and have never heard of white BBQ sauce. I've made a lot of tomato based and vinegar based BBQ sauces and molasses, butter and Tabasco based wing sauce. This sound delicious and I will definitely be whipping up a batch next time I fire up the grill. It's so simple it's ridiculous, like a lot of great things that sometimes get overthought! I've enjoyed seeing all the recipes that you've put up on here as I know others have from comments. Keep up the great work sharing your culinary knowledge! smiley

master
Report comment
(6y)

This sauce is really tasty. I have tried it before and it goes well with pretty much everything.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series