This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,794 reviews
122,426 films • 18,483 TV series

Your Favorite Appetizers? Please Add Them Here :) (935 views, 45 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master

Three Ingredient Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites

Prep Time 15 minutes

Cook Time 15 minutes

Total Time 30 minutes

Ingredients

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast tenders, cut into about 4 bite-size pieces per tender
14 slices bacon cut in half horizontally
Barbecue Sauce of Your Choice

Instructions

Preheat oven to 450F (230C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top of the baking sheet.

Wrap each piece of chicken with half of a slice of bacon, securing with a toothpick.
Place the bacon-wrapped chicken in a single layer on the wire rack.
Bake the chicken bites for 10 minutes, and then carefully remove the pan from the oven. Baste each chicken bite with barbecue sauce, and then return the pan to the oven. Cook for 5 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crispy. Serve with additional sauce on the side for dipping.

+5

God
Report comment
(5y)

Never had them, but they do look tasty. smiley

+3

master

Damn, was hoping to get some idea of other people's ideas... ah well ... smiley

smiley

These are really tasty, made them last weekend smiley

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

As someone who LOVES spicy stuff I can at least offer a few variations on your theme TM.

Take jalapenos, slice 'em in 1/2 and remove the seeds and center membrane section. Taking pepper halves you can add in chunks of your favorite cheese(s) or whole (shelled and deveined) shrimp or tuna salad, then wrap these filled halves w/bacon and bake them in the oven.

Sometimes I'll also take the pepper halves and just fill 'em w/cream cheese, shredded cheese, pimento cheese spread, tuna salad (w/onion, cilantro and dill pickles) or even various combinations of these and take 'em to warm weather family gatherings. I'll also usually make up some of the same stuffed into habanero peppers for myself as well as those who really like the hot stuff :>P

+3

Hide 2 replies...

@mrkim56 Oh yeah, nice variations! These are some good ideas I will definitely try.

I like a bit spicy but find it sometimes comes back to bite me later if I eat too much of it.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@mrkim56 Sounds like my favorite Hot poppers. ;)

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

One of the best tricks in this regard is to always use fresh as opposed to pickled/canned peppers. The vinegar in canned peppers always seems to trigger an amplified effect upon the peppers eventual "egress" lol

And, fresh peppers contain a huge amount of natural vitamin C, while also helping to enhance a persons endorphin levels which also adds to their overall pain tolerance.

+3

master

Well, I learned something new today smiley

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I love Hot poppers. Love Avocado sushi
youtu.be/WQomnMElcsw . youtu.be/eLRL18LvVyo

+3

Hide 3 replies...

@manditoe Haven't tried these Mandi, but these sound amazing! smiley

Got to get to work and get creative!

Thnx for the ideas smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Their great because you don't have to use fish if you don't want. You can use anything really, once you can make the rice stuff.

+3

@manditoe Yes, I guess you could use other ingredients, but I do like fish such as Tilapia....

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

best appetizer is fish ceviche in my opinion or any seafood appetizer

+1

Hide 3 replies...

@frhjve🦈 Got that on my "to do" list to google tomorrow, have heard of that, sounds good!

Thnx for the recommendation :) I love shrimp anything myself smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@frhjve🦈 heres the recipie I used, i used cod i think

1 pound bay scallops or white fish
8 limes, juiced
2 tomatoes, diced
5 green onions, minced
2 stalks celery, sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
freshly ground black pepper1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Rinse scallops and place in a medium sized bowl. Pour lime juice over the scallops. The scallops should be completely immersed in the lime juice. Chill the lime juice and scallops all day or overnight until scallops are opaque (you cannot see through them).

Empty 1/2 of the lime juice from the bowl. Add tomatoes, green onions, celery, green bell pepper, parsley, black pepper, olive oil, and cilantro to the scallop mixture. Stir gently. Serve this dish in fancy glasses with a slice of lime hanging over the rim for effect.

serve with crackers or tortilla chips

+1

@frhjve🦈 Another one for my recipe collection!

This sounds awesome, and I love scallops as well. smiley

Thnx frhjve smiley

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Tried somethin new for breakfast today. Took some bread rolls, sliced 'em in half & toasted 'em, then took some left over thick spaghetti sauce and covered the roll bottom halves, popped 'em back in the oven till the sauce was good and warm, then popped the top halves back in with sliced pepper jack cheese on 'em till the cheese melted, slammed it all together and chowed down w/a cuppla fried eggs. Mmmmm!

+1

Hide 2 replies...

@mrkim56 Those sound really good actually!

Writing down and will most definitely give them a try.

Thnx mrkim56 :)

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 You're most welcome indeed. With my strange sense of taste there's no tellin what kinda combos get slapped together outta left overs.

Admittedly this was a variation on somethin my Mom used to make called Texas Style Pizza burgers,

She'd cut a roll of french bread into thick slices, slather on a thick layer of tomato paste then make hamburger patties about 3/4" thick and place it on the bread and bake 'em in the oven
till the hamburger was done. Then she'd top 'em w/a slice of tomato and a nice thick slice of mozzarella cheese and pop 'em back in for a quick broil till the cheese melted over the top.

They were YUMMY!!

+1

master

Shrimp Cocktail

Ingredients

1 lb. raw, tail-on shrimp, cleaned and deveined
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. grated Parmesan
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Marinara sauce, warmed, for dipping

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Place shrimp on baking sheet and roast until golden and cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Serve with warm marinara sauce.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)
+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

I used to LOVE these little filo dough cheesey puffy thingys. If anyone knows how to make them (the deeeelicious kind!) please, please, please do share!

:)

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@ I haven't tried the ones below, but definitely will after finding a good recipe :)

master

Mushroom Cheese Puff Bites

2 sheets of puff pastry
About 2 Tbsp oil for cooking
16 oz mushrooms
1 medium yellow onion
6 garlic cloves
Salt
12 oz sharp white cheddar cheese

Instructions

Thaw pastry sheets and lay them on a large cutting board.
Preheat oven to 400 and grease a muffin pan. (24-cup muffin pan or 2 of the 12-cup ones.)
Preheat a large cooking pan over medium-high heat. Add oil.
Dice onion and garlic and saute until onion is transparent.
Dice mushrooms and add them to the pan. Season with some salt. Saute over medium-high heat
until well done. Drain off liquid and transfer mushrooms to the mixing bowl.

Let mushrooms cool a little bit and then, mix in grated white cheddar cheese. Mix well.
Roll puff pastry a little bit (just a little) and cut the sheets into 9 squares each.
Place each square into the muffin cup, forming a little cup out of the pastry square.
Fill each pastry square with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of mushroom cheese mixture.
Read more

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 They look very nice. :)

+1

@PureVodka🍺 Yes, one of my next experiments..... hopefully don't screw them up :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Mmm, they do look yummy, hafta give 'em a try, Thanks!

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

just made some chicken parm

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@frhjve🦈 Reminds me I need to find a good recipe for Chicken Picatta though I expect it might be pretty involved.

+1

@frhjve🦈 Oh my, this looks absolutely delicious! ❤️️☘☘

+1

master

Honey BBQ Chicken Drumsticks

1 cup honey Garlic Barbecue Sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. grated gingerroot
2 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
16 chicken drumsticks (1-1/2 lb./675 g)

Heat greased barbecue to medium heat.
Mix all ingredients except chicken.
Grill chicken 15 to 17 min. or until done, turning occasionally and brushing with barbecue sauce mixture for the last 5 min.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Here is a simple to prepare hot appetizer.

A bag of small multi colored bell peppers
your favorite baked beans
Gruyere or a strong swiss cheese

Cut the peppers long ways and remove ribs
Blanch in boiling water for about 1 minute, no more than 90 seconds
then put the peppers into ice water to stop them cooking
Heat up your baked beans in a pan
place peppers on a baking sheet and spoon in the beans, top with grated gruyere,
and place under the broiler or into a Hot oven for long enough to melt and or brown the cheese, and serve

I know, sounds a little strange, but the texture, the crunch of the slightly undercooked peppers combined with the strong flavors of the beans and cheese really come together.
Bonus
I often see bags of these little peppers at 99cent only stores. A bag of peppers, a can of baked beans, splurge on some good cheese and you have a tasty, good looking appetizer for about $5

+2

Hide 1 reply...

@Wander This actually sounds really good & I'm definitely printing this one. Thnx Wander! :)

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

You are welcome TragicMouse and its great to see you back online. just ignore the idiots and wannabe bullies, do not even respond. Seems to me these days there are alot of unhappy patheticly lonely, desperate for attention people who will take an opposing view to yours just so they can get a reaction,any reaction. Don't give them the satisfaction. I seldom post anything and try to stick to vanilla subjects, like recipies. lol I have had some great conversations with people here, one on one. I wish you the best.

+3

Hide 1 reply...

@Wander Thnx for that bit of advice, you are absolutely right.

A few on here think they're just above being the jerks that they truly are. smiley

+1

master

Goat cheese! 🐐🐐🐐 Now there is something I've been meaning to try and now that I have your recipe I will give these amazing looking snacks a go!

Thnx Sir, you always have great ideas, on this thread and elsewhere!

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

3 scallops pan fried with garlic n red chilli add lime juice then season n sprinkle a little chopped coriander smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,794 reviews • 122,426 films • 18,483 TV series