This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,723 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Wrong or incomplete Genres being selected (203 views, 4 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

I've recently noticed several of the newer additions under Movie and TV Series, classified in the wrong Genre, or they didn't have more than one Genre listed, when it's relevant.

This didn't happen to Stranger Things, but I'm using it as an example. It would be classified as a Drama, (that's correct) but it also needs other Genres selected, such as Sci Fi, maybe Thriller and/or Horror as well.

I was doing a search specifically for "Fantasy" Series recently, and I didn't see particular ones I knew should've been listed, so I went to check their pages. One was only labeled as "Drama," and another which was a combo of Sci-Fi, Fantasy, & Comedy, was only listed as Sci Fi, but it didn't have "Fantasy," or "Comedy" listed.

I hope you can understand what I wrote above, I'm not the best writer for this topic. There have been others, but don't ask me to remember the titles, b/c I don't know where I'm at most of the time. ...
Read more

+5

God
Report comment
(1y)

If mean mean not having (all) the same Genres has IMDb i know what you mean and noticed this a very long time back.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

I've noticed that, too, from time to time.

Perhaps it's an error on the side of what it's picking up from either IMDB or TVMaze?

I have seen that TVMaze lists incomplete genre sets.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Do you think it's an automated problem? I only listed this thinking those who added new videos could be a bit more conscious what they selected, so you could be correct. I'm not familiar with how it's done here, only how I set own my videos up when I had my own Documentary site; didn't realize it could be automated.🌺

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed I do. They system here seems to key off of TV Maze and IMDB numbers and cumulative information.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,723 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series