This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,695 reviews
122,387 films • 18,475 TV series

ZOMBIE GENRE LOVERS (782 views, 11 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(6y)

I have a question for zombie lovers. Don't get me wrong I love TWD and I love the 28 days/weeks movies. But zombie isn't my favorite horror sub genre. Anyways my question is? I don't get how the theory of how zombies work?? How come they eat some people and some they just bite which in turn turns them into a zombie. Even on TWD Rick's wife's body was consumed by a walker after she gave birth and the son shot her in the head, it showed it sitting with bloated belly. I mean is there any rhyme or reason why this isn't ever explained. I like the 28 days movies bc it is more of a "rage" virus and it spreads immediately after being bitten. So the zombie in it are more biting, hitting etc. But the rest of zombie movies they want to bite and feed on you. I mean you have werewolf genre they bite and if interrupted in attack they will run off and you are left bitten so you will also change during full moons. With vampires they either drain you dry or they turn you by choice. ...
Read more

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@Teeny💋 It's a good question, the answer, if you can even call it that, its so mixed it's even more confusing. For instance, there are those that say "zombies shouldn't run". Well, why they bloody hell not? I mean, if they've got legs and aren't damaged beyond running ability why NOT??? Second, zombies can't think....that's just bloody conjecture. They can, depending on how far gone they are and how good of nick they're keeping themselves. I reckon, Teeny, I'm not precisely answering your question, more talking around it. It's all about what seems reasonable to you as the viewer. So, believe what you like, that's half (or more) of the fun. Hope this one is good. Keep well! RB

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@ I agree! Zombie do run in World War Z they were crazy fast in that. But thank you for your comment and it is nice to know I'm not the only one to question the whole zombie issues.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

It's a mixed bag. I think in most cases the zombies kill, eat the brain and flesh, and then the corpses becomes a zombie. The bites and infections are a way for humans to slowly turn zombie to add tension.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@GeorgieAlwaysWins Thank you for your input on the zombie discussion

Report comment
(6y)

@Teeny💋 Always good to talk about movies, especially horror.

God
Report comment
(6y)

Ok that is another important issue with zombies. It used to be they want to eat your brains that was the delicacy chosen by the zombie but now they eat and bite all over. I don't think I've seen a zombie eat brains since the really old zombie movies. Except for the movie "Warm Bodies". I guess zombie's got tired of brains all together? smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@Teeny💋 There are so few brains left they had to start eating the rest lol

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@MotherDragon I agree with that......lol

+1

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

Great question Teeny, and it also makes me wonder why zombies aren't covered with bite marks instead of the typical decomp and gore. Lol but I think the thing about zombie flicks that allures me is the chaos and vulnerability and cut throat survival skills that it takes to stay alive in the face of apocalyptic circumstances :)

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@AEONx You are so right with the covered in bites. I didn't even think of that one. I get into the chaos as well and try to think about what I would be doing in that situation.....of coarse I would be kicking some zombie ass!! It does seem as if you could have a lot of fun with the decline of civilization(like in the beginning of 28 days later or in zombeland)

+1

God
Report comment
(6y)

Thank you to all that comment on this issue. As I said above I'm just glad I'm not the only one of thinks this is an issue with that genre. Anyone else have comments or their own issues with horror movies feel free to list them here. smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,695 reviews • 122,387 films • 18,475 TV series