This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,843 reviews
122,446 films • 18,486 TV series

What's the 1st DVD you ever bought? (652 views, 24 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(4y)

For me it was "A River Runs Through It". A great story, good acting, awesome scenic views. Still one of my top 100 movies of all time.

So ... what was yours?

+2

skilled
Report comment
(4y)

The Mummy 1999

God
Report comment
(4y)

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

Report comment
(4y)

Tombstone

master
Report comment
(4y)

Blade Runner.

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

I remember the date even lol, my ex's birthday April 13th...I picked up Glimmerman at a CVS pharmacy nearby..

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Rescue Dog Mama Aren't pharmacy gifts a bit like gas station flowers? lol

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Well at the time I was looking for a cheap price, and they had it on sale,lol!

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

LOL Barney, for my son (but that's when DVDs were brand new).

+2

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ I feel for you lol

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I know right? LOL

Report comment
(4y)

@ i feel for when you'll know every word Barney is going to say before he says it because DVDs last a lot longer than VHS.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@uunboundd I enjoy every minute of being a mother to my son. Barney was bad, but Banana's in Pajamas was worse!! smiley

The things we do for those we truly love. smiley

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@uunboundd Not if you accidentally on purpose stand on them and smash 'em into a hundred pieces they don't. Fk you Teletubbies! lol

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale By way of stealthy attacks on my Exes I used to send Teletubbies, Barney and Thomas DVDs home w/my daughters after Christmas.

Who says revenge isn't a jubilant emotion?

Muahahaha !

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)

The Crow when it was released on DVD-had it on video before then (man, i'm old!!!!)

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@LissaDarkmoon🌘 You feel old? If your profile's correct I was a junior in HS when you were born! lol

Know whatcha mean though, I replaced more than a few of my favorite VHS tapes w/DVDs and many LPs w/CDs too,

These days I just rip movies and music all into my computer and man that's so much better lol

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

Blimey.. It's over 20 years ago. Titanic, or maybe A Bugs Life for the kids - Which I had to watch on repeat 700.000.000.001 times.

I finally got my revenge when they watched a lovely film about a friendly ginger Good Guy doll though lol

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

i have literally found perfectly good DVDs in the trash. i even won a DVD of Watchmen from a radio contest. watched many a fine film and series on DVD yet i could never commit to purchasing any, because suddenly it becomes another collected thing that will only gather dust on a shelf as i'm always looking for something new.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

That's a hard one to recall ....

I believe the first DVD that I bought was "Saving Private Ryan" but it was so long ago that I can't be certain.

Back then, I burnt and copied more than I ever purchased and when I did pay it was usually as gifts for others.

Now I just mostly watch + DL to external drives.

I've donated most of my DVDs not long after donating my old VHS tapes when we cleared out our "junk".

God
Report comment
(4y)

I was a manager for Blockbuster for many years so I had full access to movies every Thursday that were to be released the next Tuesday. I had all weekend to watch them. That was so nice and why I stayed at that job for so long. To tell you the truth though I can't remember the first one I bought but I do remember thinking I had to replace my whole VHS library. But I'm a 💯% sure it was a horror movie
Teeny💋

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 Oh wow, now that's a seriously great perk!

I'd have been takin 'em home and rippin 'em.

Right now my movie collection is at about 8TBs and I treasure those puppies like gold lol

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,843 reviews • 122,446 films • 18,486 TV series